Streaming Audio

djftwPosted: 05 June 2008Last Updated: 06 June 2008
An oldie I know, I borrowed one a while ago from SO and liked it, but it wouldn't actually work with the soundcard I was trying to use it with! I've seen a few going really cheap though, does anyone know if one would work with an Airport Express? ...
djftwPosted: 05 June 2008Last Updated: 05 June 2008
HELP!!! Have tried just about everything imaginable, but every time I think it is configured right and save the settings the Airport disapears and can't be found until it is reset and connected to directly again!Has anyone done this themself and know...
EmCeePosted: 03 June 2008Last Updated: 04 June 2008
Like many people I have no desire or justifiable requirement for the HDX. I am sure it sounds wonderful, however it clearly only covers the needs of the minority. I realy believe Naim are completly missing a trick, why would anyone (other than a...
jcs_smithPosted: 02 June 2008Last Updated: 03 June 2008
How would I load a track that’s only available via download onto an HDX? Do I need to burn it to CD and then load it that way? Also I have a few CDs that are only available as MP3s. Is it possible to load them onto an HDX from the CD drive? If I did...
SlabwaxPosted: 29 May 2008Last Updated: 03 June 2008
Well, the title pretty much states the topic. I have a SB3 that up until now I've been using it only for Radio. So now its time to start ripping my cds. From past threads Dave Deaver has said that Naim has come up with a better way to rip. I can't...
KeanoKingPosted: 01 June 2008Last Updated: 01 June 2008
Anyone know of a portable dock inc. speakers (battery powered and mains powered) for under £50? Just want to use it in the garden and while away on holiday. ATBKK
The Strat (Fender)Posted: 25 May 2008Last Updated: 31 May 2008
Thanks to Adam for this section indeed. Nice to be able to debate modern technologies with people who still aspire to better quality music.Have just re-ripped my music library in lossless I would like like to exploit it better. Incidentally I tried a...
glevethanPosted: 06 May 2008Last Updated: 27 May 2008
An interesting development occurred yesterday in relation to music downloads and servers. The band Nine Inch Nails released their new album yesterday and it is free and available only via download (for now). The interesting thing, especially in light...
kumaPosted: 21 May 2008Last Updated: 23 May 2008
A friend of mine sent me this link. HD tracks Looks like you need to register to get the free AIFF, FLAC, or 320kbps MP3.Since this is funded by Chesky guys, I don't know about the musical contents, however. They promise 96/24 files in the...
alexdobbiePosted: 02 May 2008Last Updated: 21 May 2008
So we have this fantastic sounding (we hope) ripping, storage and playback device. Can we access content stored on the HDX through a network ? You have said that you have licensed Apple files but what exactly are the formats that you have licensed ?...
markahPosted: 17 May 2008Last Updated: 20 May 2008
I have just checked the settings in my iTunes and noticed that I am importing CD's using the AAC Encoder with the High Quality (128kbps) setting. I have a few questions regarding this, namely:1. What is the difference between my setting and using the...
LarkPosted: 17 May 2008Last Updated: 17 May 2008
HiI don't particularly like the sound of iTunes tracks going through my set (no DAC) but they have some great iTunes exclusive collections and live sets. These are not available to buy on CD or anywhere else, hence I am looking to gain better sound...
james nPosted: 15 May 2008Last Updated: 17 May 2008
Thanks Mods James
Guido FawkesPosted: 13 May 2008Last Updated: 16 May 2008
Talking to another forum member, we discussed some concerns about storing music on hard disk, particular if the disk was formatted as a FAT disk like it is on some Windows devices (and indeed my trusty old Yamaha HD-CDR 1300). Firstly, how does the...
ConsciousmessPosted: 13 May 2008Last Updated: 16 May 2008
To those much more in the know than myself...As the 555PS has two outputs for the CD555, I was curious as to whether - if it were powering the CDS3 - it could also power the HDX??Id be grateful for your help as my 'ambition' might then span to having...
freddie59Posted: 29 April 2008Last Updated: 15 May 2008
I have just purchased A Beresford TC7510 MK6 DAC and am eager to try it out.What is the best way of connecting it to my imac?Regards,Fred
Neil BennettPosted: 13 May 2008Last Updated: 14 May 2008
Just read the blurb on the Naim website; at what level of Naim CDP hierarchy is the CD playback? I assume the hard drive replay can't be any better than this? With/without a 555PS to power it?Neil
Roy DonaldsonPosted: 08 May 2008Last Updated: 09 May 2008
Hi there,Could you tell me if the HDX is shipping at present ? and if not the first shipment date ?I am assuming that dealers will be receiving units before customers for demo, when would a dealer expect to receive their demo unit ?Thanks,Roy.
Mr UnderhillPosted: 04 May 2008Last Updated: 09 May 2008
Naim have opted for a 'one box' solution with the HDX.Linn have provided an end point to turn a provided stream into music.It seems to me that the advantages of the Naim route include:Simplicity from a user perspective; andControl of what is fed into...
Keith LPosted: 05 May 2008Last Updated: 08 May 2008
When Philips confirm they have stopped production of their laser mechanisms?
daddycoolPosted: 03 May 2008Last Updated: 08 May 2008
Reflective mode on:I must admit that reading the forum over the past week has been very interesting, perhaps even more interesting than ever before.In my view this forum is now in the 21st century and let me explain why I feel that way.Before we were...
michael1702Posted: 30 April 2008Last Updated: 03 May 2008
HDX Hard Disk playergive me a mac client software and i'll order it right now.
timothPosted: 30 April 2008Last Updated: 01 May 2008
Hello:How does the HDX compare to cdx2 bare. Also, how does it compare to CDS3 if we add a power supply to HDX?
DejanPosted: 26 April 2008Last Updated: 29 April 2008
I just came back from munchen hi End show where I had the opptunity to listen to Naim HDX.The system that it was playing in: Supernait + Naim SL2 + two naim subs.Naim HDX impressed me very much. I must admit that I was a bit sceptical concerning all...
StaedtlerPosted: 23 April 2008Last Updated: 29 April 2008
On the Naim News page...HDX