Streaming Audio

HuwgePosted: 27 April 2008Last Updated: 29 April 2008
OK - at the risk of coming across as a fan boy. The initial "Wow!" from Friday has not diminished, if anything it has been enhanced.Revised view:Bare HDX playing lossless ripped CD - seems to have the same tonal character as a CDX2 but it sounds a...
HuwgePosted: 25 April 2008Last Updated: 28 April 2008
OK that might be overplaying it, but, well, wow!Just back from High End where Naim will rule the roost I am sure.The Powerline, Superline and HDX were all given an airing and all seem to have created an unpleasant gnawing effect in my wallet.The...
HansWPosted: 24 April 2008Last Updated: 28 April 2008
Naim have just lainched the HDX, Linn recently launched their SD products. Several other 'high-end' companies are also launching HD-players.But wy now? Why not 5 or 10 years ago? Has there been a technology breakthrough? Hard Drives have been around...
Steven HopkinsPosted: 23 April 2008Last Updated: 25 April 2008
This week sees the launch of Naim's HDX: the World’s first, performance upgradeable, audiophile hard disk player. The High End Show takes place at the MOC in Munich from 24th to 27th April. The HDX will be available for demonstration at the...
m0omo0Posted: 31 March 2008Last Updated: 17 April 2008
From the Linn Akurate DS & Klimax DS; My impression after Linn evening thread: quote: Originally posted by meissmar: At the "Sehen und Hoeren" in Nuremberg I was told by Musicline that Naim will also present a player called HDX. So as the name tells you, it will have a HD (actually two) installed as a source and you can rip the CDs on the HD as with the music servers. You can connect external drives to it. It will also receive a little screen so you can operate it like a CD-player without...
Steven HopkinsPosted: 08 April 2008Last Updated: 13 April 2008
Pure Hifi http://www.purehifi.co.nz is pleased to announce that the NaimNet NS01 Music Server and NetStreams multi-room audio distribution will be demonstrated during a relaxing evening at The Top Hi Fi Shop http://www.tophifi.co.nz/ in Christchurch....
u5227470736789439Posted: 16 February 2008Last Updated: 25 February 2008
Naimnet Now AudibleAccording to this thread, http://forums.naim-audio.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/48019385/m/2372901317, the first reported example is available to listen to!This is brilliant news in my view, and the begining of something very important!George
daddycoolPosted: 19 February 2008Last Updated: 21 February 2008
If you think the NS01 is interesting,how about the NaimNet NNP 02?It looks to me like it has an built-in DAC.• IP Connected stereo amplifier and room controller.• 90WPC (4ohm) rms output – true High-End Hi-Fi performance.• AC...
Claus-ThoegersenPosted: 19 February 2008Last Updated: 20 February 2008
Hi,Well I have to ask this in its own thread!Since I am blind there will for sure be no remote I will ever be able to use! the same is true for the display in any digital server NaimNet or anything else!So the way to access digital servers and their...
joe90Posted: 31 January 2008Last Updated: 04 February 2008
Anyone been across to Naimnet and had a look?Just thought I'd point it out.Make a nice change to talk about something interesting as opposed to broadside each other as to whether Naim 'have lost their way' with the you-know-what...
jcs_smithPosted: 02 February 2008Last Updated: 02 February 2008
Will an NS01 be able to work with a networked NAS drive instead of or as well as a PC as a file server? If so is there anything you need to load on the NAS drive? I have Squeezecenter and Twonky running on mine but they were pre-installed. I've heard...
Claus-ThoegersenPosted: 30 December 2007Last Updated: 01 January 2008
In the latest newsletter there is a very short sentence about a tuner wich will be part of the Naimnet launch.network-equipped multiple DAB/FM tuner.Does this mean that we will see a tuner that can play internet radio?Even just with a dab and fm tuner...
LarkPosted: 17 November 2007Last Updated: 10 December 2007
HiPlease forgive the questions as I am technologically challenged.Will the NaimNet server/ player thing be compatible with MACs? Also will it be compatible with iTunes?I just do not get all this HD, download stuff yet, but fancy the idea of storing...
JulianBPosted: 14 October 2007Last Updated: 16 October 2007
Hello,Was hoping some of you could help me understand/answer the following about the naimnet and the supernait: - in a naimnet set up does the music server do the D to A conversation or is it done by the room amp, and as a result by what type of cable...
u5227470736789439Posted: 14 October 2007Last Updated: 14 October 2007
Dear Friends,I am sure that I shall appear slightly behind the times but up until this week I had little idea of the concept behind the Naimnet.Now I understand it is a system of music storage that will supply musical feeds in digital form to one or...
JonathanPPosted: 17 September 2007Last Updated: 17 September 2007
Just wondering (as we may well be going down this road) whether anyone has actually had a Naimnet system installed?
VoltairePosted: 08 September 2007Last Updated: 09 September 2007
as per title if anyone knows?
LarkPosted: 15 June 2007Last Updated: 28 June 2007
HiAny ideas when this is rolled out?Do we have any definite prices as yet?Cheers Karl
nap-sterPosted: 17 April 2007Last Updated: 03 May 2007
Has anybody heard anything about the April introduction of the first products?
NiklasPosted: 07 March 2007Last Updated: 10 March 2007
I'm a new member, coming from the world of high bitrate MP3s and active monitors. Listening to my friend's 282/200 & Allae has changed my feeling on how to listen. My system is exact, his has LIFE. On to the theory. It seems that the new NaimNet amp NNP2 will be around £1000. It has a digital in, so I assume that the DAC resides in the amp as opposed to the Naim Music Server. The fact that the information is supposed to travel digitally from the NaimNet Music Server to the NaimNet amp...
vlnPosted: 23 January 2007Last Updated: 23 January 2007
Hello Adam (and Alan Ainslie, in case he is listening/looking) ... and everyone who might be able to provide some information!I have some more concrete questions about the NaimNet servers and perhaps I am not the only one interested in the...
JonathanPPosted: 28 September 2006Last Updated: 29 September 2006
I was checking the Naim net page, which makes eminent sense if (like me) you have a number of rooms in which you would like to be able to play serious music without luging CDs around the house. Does enyone know whether the prducts referred to in the...
vlnPosted: 07 September 2006Last Updated: 07 September 2006
About those Naim Net servers...Any prices yet? Storage capacity of the servers? Availability? And has anyone heard one of those mythical beasts? And perhaps compared it to a CD5i/CDX2/CD555 or whatever comparison is appropriate?Samuel.
spcPosted: 31 July 2006Last Updated: 03 August 2006
Naimnet looks interesting as does the new SlimDevices Transporter. If these pieces of kit can deliver CD Quality to the Pre-Amp, do we still need a CD Drive (aside from the original & legal CD rip.) Should I still consider a CDS3 upgrade or just get a good wireless distribution and DAC system?