Home Theatre

Neill FergusonPosted: 21 March 2005Last Updated: 23 March 2005
ALL Does anyone know when the upgrade to the flash handset will be out ie to allow it to control the DVD5. Also is there any news on AV3 and what features will it have ???Neill
karybouePosted: 16 March 2005Last Updated: 19 March 2005
I have ordered a DVD5 this afternoon after I tested it on my TV. One was still available at the distributor and my dealer should receive it on Tuesday The connection of the DVD5 to my TV is done on a DB-15 RGBHV input. The BNCs' RGBHV output of the...
karybouePosted: 19 March 2005Last Updated: 19 March 2005
I just picked up my new DVD5 from my dealer.Out of the box, on my system I know by heart AV2/NAP 200/V 175/NACA 5 + Floating Cameleon speakers (no one knows :-( ) and using a standard Naim interconnect.After 2 minutes of music, I would say that it is...
david rPosted: 11 March 2005Last Updated: 17 March 2005
I have asked this before but never really got a satisfactory answer. I have Electa Amator II's and Solo centre, with a 52 and 135's. I want to get the SF rears but cannot afford it so I would like an interim suggestion of around £150. Second...
david rPosted: 13 March 2005Last Updated: 16 March 2005
Please could someone advise me on the emaximum advised length between a DVD player and the receiver/processor?Also for the distance between the pre out of the receiver to the input of my 52?Thanks in advance
Andrew RandlePosted: 10 March 2005Last Updated: 13 March 2005
Dear all,Here is a VERY interesting article comparing currently Plasma and LCD technologies and TV products.LinkAndrew
david rPosted: 06 March 2005Last Updated: 13 March 2005
Thanks in advance
domfjbrownPosted: 09 March 2005Last Updated: 11 March 2005
I've not noticed this with DVD or TV or Laserdisc, but I was watching a VHS (widescreen) copy of "The fifth element" last night (forgotten just how good my VHS machine can be on good tapes actually ), and noticed the occasional "iffy" treble moment on...
Le ChefPosted: 09 March 2005Last Updated: 09 March 2005
Has anyone compared the DVD5 in a real listening test in terms of sound quality against the CD5X, CD5i, or even a CDX2?I would be interested to know how it really compares.Anyone?
CjonesPosted: 03 March 2005Last Updated: 09 March 2005
Due to design limitations, I need an all in one amp box. So, I need something that has at least 5 channels. I have narrowed it down. It's between a Bel canto evo 6, 6 channel amp with 120w and the Meridian 558, with 5 channels at 200w each . Anyone...
artistPosted: 05 March 2005Last Updated: 07 March 2005
i am after a new dvd player(can't afford naim)i was thinking of getting an Arcam new/used anyone
Jez QuigleyPosted: 12 February 2005Last Updated: 04 March 2005
http://www.slingmedia.com/_files/faq.html
JonathanPosted: 20 February 2005Last Updated: 02 March 2005
Please could someone let me know the prices of the new Naim surround speakers?Thanks Jonathan
AncipitalPosted: 15 February 2005Last Updated: 01 March 2005
HiI know Naim can't answer this one but has anyone managed to find a way round this little "problem". For those who don't know, user prohibited functions are those parts of a DVD that the publisher doesn't want you to skip. For instance, The Simpsons...
cdnturboPosted: 20 February 2005Last Updated: 28 February 2005
I'm looking into purchasing a 1996 Sony 46" rear projection from my neighbor. He has lived out of the country for the last four years and the tv has not been used.The picture on the tv is not as clear as my 2001 Toshiba rear projection. We could only...
Mark RPosted: 11 February 2005Last Updated: 27 February 2005
Hi. I have a couple of questions about the DVD5 that I imagine current owners may know the answers to (and perhaps Adam too?). I can't find info on the following:- the layer change: does anyone know what it's like on the DVD5? On some players it is...
Neil BennettPosted: 18 February 2005Last Updated: 21 February 2005
I've just snapped up an ex-dem Axess and pair of N-Sats with stands, to commence my AV upgrades. Temporarily I'm going to use the N-Sats as fronts, with an old pair of Dean Alto 2's as rears. However the next move would be to get new fronts and a sub....
andy cPosted: 27 January 2005Last Updated: 20 February 2005
HI,having spent the best part of 2 months erring and arring over what to do about changing TV's in the main room, we finally took delivery of the Philips 32PF9986 LCD TV. It replaced a Toshiba 32" widescreen CTR TV.Picture quality on the Philips is...
drpsPosted: 20 February 2005Last Updated: 20 February 2005
Has any one had experience with the AV2 and the Loewe ready remote.I have set the AV2 to the Loewe ready remote and the AV2 now responds to the remote.But now does not respond to the remote for the DVD5.I would like to use the joint DVD5 remote to...
HiDefBobPosted: 19 February 2005Last Updated: 19 February 2005
My local Naim dealer loaned me a DVD5 for the weekend. My evaluation in the store left me confused and undecided. The DVD5 sounded great in the all Naim system, but not so great in the Classé/B&W system. This evening I had a chance to get an initial evaluation of the DVD5 playing CD's. So far I have been very impressed. The music sounds very detailed, rich and full bodied. The low end is extremely impressive. I will continue to update this evaluation through the weekend. The more I...
Nuno BaptistaPosted: 17 February 2005Last Updated: 18 February 2005
Iīve got a Sony DVD NS 700. Yesterday I was into the shop and the salesman told me that the DVD I wanted to buy was region 1 from USA.I just checked the manual but I didnīt find anything about the regions that my DVD can read.How can I know the...
Geoff PPosted: 26 December 2004Last Updated: 17 February 2005
OKI believe I have finally to admit the achilles heel of the DVD players competing with Naim is the Switch Mode PS's inside em.Very popular, cheap to make, only need small transformers and coils etc BUT......OH DEAR the R/F.I have suffered from this...
AncipitalPosted: 11 February 2005Last Updated: 14 February 2005
HiPlayed a DVD on my trusty Pioneer the other night, except this time, it wasn't quite so trusty. Disc wouldn't play, nor would any other. Took the DVD player apart and found the disc wasn't spinning and was making a bit of a clicking sound when I...
J.N.Posted: 05 February 2005Last Updated: 11 February 2005
Next Friday 11th Feb. They're looking at surround AV systems on the show, which should be interesting.they will also be looking at the 'performance' of the search engine - Google.The Gadget Show (Entertainment) Time - 19:30 - 20:00 (30 minutes long)...
andy cPosted: 07 February 2005Last Updated: 11 February 2005
Hi,I thought I'd report a problem I have found with my setup and my new LCD TV.Basically I have the denon piggybacked via the pre-outs into my Naim 282 pre amp. The pre-amp has a 'unity gain' feature which allows you to by-pass the volume pot on the...