Padded Cell

Alley CatPosted: 01 July 2018Last Updated: 14 July 2018
There are many movies I absolutely love, but one eclipses them all, for so many reasons, this has beauty, ticks virtually any box you'd empathise with and has an utterly fantastic musical score. Truly, I think the best movie ever made: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0325710/
tmtsuiPosted: 11 July 2018Last Updated: 13 July 2018
Wonder if anyone who is in-charge of this Forum has considered adding sub-forums (or sub-groups, whatever you call it) to the current structure. As the "topics" is building up (456 pages under Streaming Audio currently), adding sub-forums based on products would allow Naim owners finding specific questions, suggestions, discussions, tips & solutions more effective. If changing what are in the Forum already a bit complicated, could consider starting new threads instead. This should be...
Dave***tPosted: 11 July 2018Last Updated: 12 July 2018
My partner has a knackered phone. I have an old iPhone 4 lying around. Given that she’s not bothered about having a recent model, the solution seems obvious. But then I thought about the fact that iPhone 4s can only be updated to iOS 7. So does anyone know if there’s some kind of dire security risk or anything like that associated with using an iPhone 4 in 2018? Or should it be fine?
aznbluePosted: 04 July 2018Last Updated: 10 July 2018
Been following the rescue efforts underway of the young soccer team and coach stranded in the Thailand cave complex. They were miraculously found by a team of cave divers from the UK, considered the best in the world. They averted the media and dived straight away upon landing. Their commendable efforts worth mentioning. I pray for the team's safe return.
Robert BurgessPosted: 09 July 2018Last Updated: 10 July 2018
I’ve tried searching, but can’t figure out how to retrieve a post which I’ve saved as a draft. As usual, I must be stupidly missing something. Any help would be much appreciated! Thks
JamieWednesdayPosted: 08 July 2018Last Updated: 08 July 2018
I was reading about the Pride march yesterday and it seems most people had a good time. Though seeing the arguments between some of the 472 organisations taking part about who does and does not warrant inclusion within, and the right to march for, the LGBT community did remind me somewhat of the similar issues faced by the Judean People’s Front in coping with the power grab assumed by the People’s Front of Judea (or more snappily, the PFJ). I then read that 30,000 marched, which means that...
winkyincanadaPosted: 29 June 2018Last Updated: 06 July 2018
With Tesla Model 3 vehicles now becoming commonplace around our neighbourhood, my wife and I are contemplating an electric vehicle. I am resisting a bit because while I'd love an electric car, I don't really want us to have a second vehicle. No current electric car could readily replace the functionality of our mini-van, so we'd need to keep that. OK, perhaps a Model X but that's a bit expensive. Nevertheless, my wife toured a few dealers looking at a few small-car options (Leaf, e-Golf,...
Robert BurgessPosted: 06 July 2018Last Updated: 06 July 2018
Just made the news here in the US last night: Baby Trump Blimp to be flown in London during Trump's visit. We desperately need some of these. Help!
Don AtkinsonPosted: 05 July 2018Last Updated: 06 July 2018
One of the most important documents in American history has been rediscovered. The United States of America declared independence from the British Empire on July 4 1776. Only two parchment manuscripts of The Declaration of Independence remain. One is housed in the National Archives in Washington DC and the other had lain relatively unknown in the archives at West Sussex County Council in Chichester. My question to HH ( who used to work for this enterprising organisation) is :- Was this...
thebigfredcPosted: 05 July 2018Last Updated: 05 July 2018
It has been reported that the Sky bosses have agreed to have him back - I am flabbergasted. I for one shall be reconsidering my subscription in light of this news.
mpwPosted: 04 July 2018Last Updated: 04 July 2018
Hi any one following this ?? http://goldengloberace.com/ Susie Goodall is the youngest skipper at 28 years.. regards mpw
GregWPGibbsPosted: 03 July 2018Last Updated: 03 July 2018
Ive stupidly managed to get a smear of super glue on one of my speaker grills (don’t ask). It’s hardly noticeable, although the fact I know it’s there is annoying me. Could I user a proprietary super glue remover to remove/reduce it, or would (as I suspect) make matters worse. The speakers are Kudos C20s.
winkyincanadaPosted: 16 June 2018Last Updated: 01 July 2018
Dirty Kanza 2018. A gentle 332km roll through the Flint Hills of Kansas... 14 hours and change. A tough day at the office..... https://dirtykanza.com/results/
Don AtkinsonPosted: 27 June 2018Last Updated: 29 June 2018
The old IBM ThinkPad is still running Windows XP and doing a great job. But Microsoft support ended about 4 years ago and yesterday Firefox announced that it was terminating browser support for XP. Do I simply change the OS system on the ThinkPad to Windows 10 (or whatever is the latest incarnation) or Do I buy a new ThinkPad (are they still available ?) with the latest Windows OS installed. In which case will my Office 2003 re-load from the CD ? or Do I buy an Apple i-xxxx in which case can...
Ardbeg10yPosted: 22 June 2018Last Updated: 28 June 2018
I love nature, but I live in a town where everybody more or less hates nature. All gardens are replaced by stones, which I sadly witness. My neighbours complain about my trees and have their windblowers ready to battle against the evil leaves when the autumn comes close. But the hedgehogs are back! And they are not the only creatures in my 1000 m2 garden - I save some pennies to buy a nightcam later. Here the - supposedly couple is:
Mike-BPosted: 27 June 2018Last Updated: 28 June 2018
On TV news this morning I watched footage of the moorland fire on Saddleworth; I was amused, saddened & shocked at what appeared to be a joke of two firemen beating the flames with those big paddles we see on the moors & another shot of one guy squirting water from a hose that looked like my garden hose could do better. This fire has been declared a "major incident" and the army is on standby, homes have been evacuated, but this is a slow advance ground heath fire & has been...
Bob the BuilderPosted: 16 May 2018Last Updated: 27 June 2018
Do you sometimes find it a struggle to find something new and interesting to discuss on this forum. Of course we are a niche forum and there is only so much that can be discussed but still to me it seems that more is being said by less people (the same people) about the same old subjects. Even in my short time here about three years it feels like some of the more interesting and eclectic members seemed to have either left or have slowly posted less and less leaving us a very agreeable but...
SouthweststokiePosted: 24 June 2018Last Updated: 27 June 2018
A common question I know but it's time for my renewal with John Lewis insurance and they have increased my premium by 18% since last year. Recommendations from members who have insurance that completely covers loss of their precious Naim equipment, so I can get a quote from them, would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Ken
RichierooPosted: 26 June 2018Last Updated: 26 June 2018
Cheers great dealings ... another fine Naimite!!!
Tabby catPosted: 26 June 2018Last Updated: 26 June 2018
In my study at home I have a Medion desktop computer with the audio output going directly into a Audiolab 8000 P poweramp useing a 3.5 mm - 2 phono socket lead into small Goodmans micro system speakers.It sounds fine - Very listenable for working on the p.c. I have tried 2 intergrated amps that I have in the cupboard a Denon PMA 250 SE and a NAD 3020 A as I wanted another couple of inputs.With both intergrated's they seem to pick noise from the broadband.I am just curious why this should...
winkyincanadaPosted: 25 June 2018Last Updated: 25 June 2018
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-25/rogue-kangaroo-interrupts-womens-premier-league-match/9905710 Fortunately, as it was a women's match, no spectators were inconvenienced.
thebigfredcPosted: 23 May 2018Last Updated: 24 June 2018
Ahead of the start of the summer test cricket season, I see the authorities are thinking of changing the rules so that the visiting team have automatic choice whether to bat or bowl first. Agnew is set against it, what does the forum think?
Ardbeg10yPosted: 13 June 2018Last Updated: 22 June 2018
I bought a bigger house 3 years ago. That was the startingpoint of a journey in Hifi. I auditioned a Supernait, I liked the fact that any music I threw against it worked well. Even simple mp3's or Spotify via the ChromeCast Audio. Now, being a bit further on my way, I still enjoy the Supernait driving Ovators now, but also my 72/140 or the AV2+Nait 5 which is serving my TV. My brother has an humble UQ2 and that is gorgeous as well. Any Naim set I've heared did keep something of apparently a...
lutyensPosted: 20 June 2018Last Updated: 22 June 2018
I am very aware that this forum has some very fine photographers on it. I hope someone could give me some advice. I have been asked to scan a large number of slides taken by my parents. Could someone recommend a decent scanner? I am prepared to not buy the cheapest as I have years of slides from my younger days, some of which that I would like digitised. Any recommendations? many thanks
joerandPosted: 26 May 2018Last Updated: 18 June 2018
Following up on the "how not to speak to a customer" thread, I ask why dealers seem bent on playing music so bloody loud during a demo? My first request is inevitably "Can you turn it down?" Nobody listens to music sustainably at the levels dealers dial it to. The real demo begins once the dealer hands me the remote and leaves the room.