Streaming Audio

blodsbrorPosted: 12 December 2018Last Updated: 12 December 2018
Hi all, I’m looking at purchasing one of the New Uniti models. However, I’ve always been a bit concerned when it comes to integrated amps with onboard streaming services - and how how volume control is handled/implemented. is it possible to set/force a “default initial volume” when playback starts for Spotify for example (or any other input for that matter) ? From experience, if the volume slider on your Spotify client (phone for example) happens to be very high, then playback will be almost...
PraggersPosted: 14 November 2018Last Updated: 12 December 2018
Anybody else had a problem with the latest update for Muso? A few minutes into the update all the lights of the Muso went off (like I'd unplugged it). A factory reset I'm told will fix it. Should I unplug then replug the Muso before I reset it?
EcholanePosted: 11 December 2018Last Updated: 12 December 2018
This is the second this happened. My entire album display of almost 600 albums has lost its,cover art. The first time it happened, it lasted for more than a week before reappearing. It’s now been gone two days and it’s really difficult, not to say.trying, to choose music without the help of familiar cover art. Why does it disappear and how do I get it back?
Mike1951Posted: 06 December 2018Last Updated: 11 December 2018
All of a sudden, when opening Tidal throughthe NAIM app., my playlists won’t automatically play the next track when the previous one has finished. It either takes a long long time to do it, or it jumps to a completely different track (randomiser is set to the off position) or if I tap the next song, it displays the info., does nothing, then the info screen goes blank? What the actual ....? Anybody else getting this?
DavisPosted: 10 December 2018Last Updated: 11 December 2018
Hi hoping someone here can shed some light on why our Uniti Atom (version 2.6.1) spontaneously starts and plays a random playlist? It's happened now twice: Middle of the night (last night 3:30am) we wake up to the music playing. Check the Naim app from bed and it's playing music we don't listen to (first time it was Ariana Grande, last night it was a rap artist) It appears to be playing through my partners Spotify account - opening his phone and Spotify we can see the playlist there but both...
cat345Posted: 10 December 2018Last Updated: 11 December 2018
Hi, I never owned a network player so I rely on a W10 laptop connected to a external dac. Apart from the usb cable between the two components ''which is anoying sometimes'', I can see many benefits when using proprietary softwares for online services like Qobuz, Idagio, Tidal and others. I can also log to any iRadio's including lossless Radio Paradise. A good part of my digital music library is contained on the ssd so i don't need a NAS. Could a network player really compete with the...
AdrianBPosted: 28 November 2018Last Updated: 11 December 2018
Hi all, need the wisdom of the community on this one as I lost my hi fi buddy to the big C. MGB RIP. Planning an upgrade from Sonos/nDac/XPSdr to ND555/555ps. Apart from better signal reliability and access to stored music on a drive/network...why would we introduce a cabled connection from the router to the ND555? Is a cable going to produce a better sound than WiFi and air? I would rather use WiFi...but not at the expense of sound quality. Any ND555 ers using wifi. thanks ...Adrian
What’s in a NaimPosted: 20 November 2018Last Updated: 10 December 2018
So, after my first few encounters with mp3’s (early Napster) I decided to ignore the whole “music from the web” thing, and happily enjoyed my LP’s and CD’s offline. The thing is, the world did not stand still in the meantime and, where I live, it’s getting progressively harder to buy the music I want. So I was sort of forced to turn to the interweb after all. The things is, a friend who is into streaming showed me that it can sound pretty good too! Long story short: I’ve decided I want in.
alainbilPosted: 29 October 2018Last Updated: 10 December 2018
My music is stored on a Melco N1A/2 connected to a NAIM DAC with an M2Tech Hiface 2 interface. The Hiface is plugged into the Melco back, and one needs a lot of depth to fit the Melco, the Hiface and the stiff cable that goes to the DAC. I do not have much space, and I had to put the Melco close to the shelf front edge and squeeze the SPDIF cable on the rear wall. This is not satisfactory and I am looking for another interface that is not plugged directly into the Melco but rather connected...
hungryhalibutPosted: 08 December 2018Last Updated: 10 December 2018
Recently I’m finding that I have virtually no on demand programmes. Of about 100 I’ve checked, only a handful are there. As an example, Desert Island Discs. No programmes. They are not there on the 272 or the Qbs. I’ve turned the streamers off and on again to no avail. Has anyone else got Desert Island Discs? Does anyone have any clever ideas? I can send it to the Qbs from my phone using AirPlay, but that’s no use with the 272, which is what I used to use quite happily. Thanks.
JimDogPosted: 06 December 2018Last Updated: 09 December 2018
I just watched a video where John Darko (who he?) says he bought a streamer that recommends using WiFi in preference to Ethernet cable because the internal circuitry that processes the WiFi stream is less noisy than the noise or interference brought by an ethernet cable. (I know the pragmatic solution in any person's case is just to test the two a go with the better sound.) So 1. is it theoretically possible or likely that an ethernet cable could transmit more noise into a streamer than is...
Alley CatPosted: 05 December 2018Last Updated: 08 December 2018
For ages I've had issues with songs starting and then restarting after 2-3 secs which I think came with a Qobuz iOS app update months ago. I have just downloaded the latest Qobuz app which says it fixes Chromecast bugs. Now I cannot play songs without awful stuttering - is it the app or perhaps the iOS 12.1.1 update I did today? I do not believe this is a network issue (though naturally it could be). I now constantly see a new spinning Qobuz logo or a Chromecast type popup with a volume...
Wayne McGinnisPosted: 28 November 2018Last Updated: 08 December 2018
I’m new to this audiophile “hobby” , relatively “poor” , and need some advice and direction. I am willing to spend around $2k - 3k US now and then maybe another 1 k or so over time but then that’s it. I just simply can’t afford to go chasing a perfect system from now on. I realize that I’m going to be looking at equipment that is WAY below what most of you are running but I can see that this forum is extremely knowledgeable and helpful and so I would greatly appreciate some guidance. Right...
Mike1951Posted: 08 December 2018Last Updated: 08 December 2018
So, having reset the streamer and solved my previous problem (see below), I’m trying to reload my favourite stations and I’m discovering that most of the planets’ online radio seems to have vanished. Going to ‘location’ and keying in Countries/States now delivers ‘Genres’ which break down into a miserable one or two stations per area! Are you actually trying to tell me there’s only three rock stations in the whole of New York? Or two ‘alternative’ stations in California? Seriously. What the...
AndyP19Posted: 08 December 2018Last Updated: 08 December 2018
Having just exceeded 6TB of capacity on my music collection I have set up another NAS with 10TB as a back-up to my main NAS. That leaves me with two WD Book USB drives (one of 6TB and one of 4TB) sitting around doing nothing. Is there anyway of plugging these into my Synology NAS and creating some form of combined/linked USB capacity of 10TB with the two redundant USB drives? Or should I break open the cases take out what I guess are going to be WD Green drives and buy another cheap NAS housing?
ObsydianPosted: 03 December 2018Last Updated: 08 December 2018
Just wondering what if anything tweaks people use, if any. I have ordered an ifi power supply, as i have found them worthwhile over standard smps.
SpyderTracksPosted: 06 December 2018Last Updated: 07 December 2018
Hi All I'm new to the forum but have been avidly reading. I'm quite new to decent audio also, recently got my first record deck and have it paired with a Naim Muso with my media server also running through it. I'm very happy with the setup. I've noticed a lot of people on here poo-pooing Plex and just wanted to get people's opinions... Whilst I completely agree that historically, Plex music performance was a secondary consideration they never really focussed on, they've made some major...
AnymathgradPosted: 06 December 2018Last Updated: 06 December 2018
I have found that Audirvana has provided me with an excellent way to stream Qobuz in hi-res via Upnp to my Naim devices. It works beautifully on my two NAC N272s and a Super-Uniti. However having recently purchased an NDX2, which I am generally delighted with, this unit is not visible to the Audirvana software via Upnp. It would be great if Naim engineers would talk to Audirvana to resolve this issue.
LarsDKPosted: 01 December 2018Last Updated: 06 December 2018
my system generally works well and esp upnp streaming is flawless. My cable broadband has stability issues which leads to drops in internet radio/tidal, which is very annoying. Several upgrades have resolved other problems eg websurf and netflix. Lets assume that my local network is solid as great upnp performance would suggest (mesh network connected via ethernet except a 3 meter wifi bridge to naim system not using nd555 wifi, cisco 2960 in router room for unitiserve, NAS and connection to...
scubafinkPosted: 01 December 2018Last Updated: 05 December 2018
Hi everyone. I have the NAC-N 172XS/NAP 155 into Sonus Faber Concertino speakers. Speakers: System: 10 liters two-way bass reflex Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms Power Handling: 25-120 watts Frequency response: 55-20,000 Hz, + 3 dB Crossover: First order attenuated Sensitivity: 86 dB/1 watt/1 m Drivers Woofer/Midrange: 140 mm PP treated cone Tweeter: 20 mm silk dome ferrofluid Connection: Bi-wiring Dimensions (H × W × D): 320 × 220 × 290 mm (12 × 8 × 11 in) Packaged Weight: 33 lbs. (15 Kg) I find...
BermudabyePosted: 05 December 2018Last Updated: 05 December 2018
Trying to configure UPnP server functionality to a Muso using a laptop with Windows10 by turning on media streaming. Looks successful, and the PC can see the Muso, the Naim IOS app can see the PC as a UPnP server and the correct named library, so all appears OK. However, while the IOS app can see the PC and associated default folder structure, it cannot see any files within those folders, or any folders within folders. Any bright ideas how to fix? (And, yes, I could go at this another way,...
cycling66Posted: 04 December 2018Last Updated: 05 December 2018
I have had a streaming experience over recent days that has me reflecting on where our streaming and downloaded audio files originate from and what can happen to them on the way to our streaming machines. On the ND 555 I was listening to SIEGMETH, Hugo / WOLF, Axel: Now - Jazz and Renaissance Improvisations in the HRA Streaming app when the music for this album switched from saxophone and lute, which are the instruments Hugo and Alex play, to what sounded to me like early classical piano. If...
easeback1Posted: 18 October 2018Last Updated: 05 December 2018
Hi, Just bought a second-hand Cisco 2960L switch on eBay. I asked the seller to do a full reset, but after hooking it up to my Mac via 10.0.0.1, I get a password prompt for "Level 15 access." (Sounds a bit sinister if you ask me.) I've tried several mode button resets as per Cisco's instructions, but the problem persists. Any tips? Alas, I don't have any Windows or IoS devices. Thanks in advance.
hungryhalibutPosted: 20 November 2018Last Updated: 04 December 2018
Until recently, when I ripped a CD it was very quickly found and the tracks, picture etc populated. But recently, the CD is scanned and the ‘in Accuraterip’ message appears, but no metadata is populated. When I choose ‘rip’ it then says ‘retrieving metadata’ and only when that is done, which can take several minutes, does the metadata appear and the rip starts. I haven’t changed any setting and I am wondering why the ripping behaviour has changed, and whether others are experiencing this.
MrCharliePosted: 04 December 2018Last Updated: 04 December 2018
Is there a way to play your saved Tidal tracks sequentially automatically? I can do that in the Tidal app, but not the NAIM app. Ideas? thanks.