Home Theatre

David YoungPosted: 02 January 2005Last Updated: 05 January 2005
During loud passage (ie: explodion scene) from the movie, I always get the cracking sound from my front speakers especially in DTS mode. Is the cracking sound due to clipping of the amplifer or inability of the speaker drivers to handle the low...
Don the deep diverPosted: 17 December 2004Last Updated: 05 January 2005
My dealer and I are fighting to resolve an issue where the front left and right produces hums (50 - 100Hz?) and whistles (RF interference?) at almost the same volume as the signal.Configuration for this is AV2, 282, Supercap.We have tried 3 different...
Top CatPosted: 30 December 2004Last Updated: 03 January 2005
Hi folks.I wonder if anyone around here has upgraded their tv aerial recently and how much it cost. I ask because despite being able to see the TV transmitter (it's atop a nearby hill), our house currently has an aerial INSIDE the attic. Hardly ideal....
neil wPosted: 01 January 2005Last Updated: 01 January 2005
steve you have a ptneil
Willie BPosted: 27 December 2004Last Updated: 01 January 2005
Panasonic's TH42PWD6B plasma screen is available for as little as £1300 in the sales but does anyone know what inputs it takes, and how many it has? The bloke in the shop said it would cost me £150 per RGB upgrade! Is the newer TH42PW7B...
AndyMacPosted: 21 December 2004Last Updated: 30 December 2004
Hi All,In the new year I will probably be getting a Neat MFC. Can anybody recommend a suitable wall mount?.Thanks,Andy
Paul HutchingsPosted: 26 December 2004Last Updated: 30 December 2004
I think I'm going to treat myself to a DVD recorder, I've been meaning to do so for ages but it seems prices right now are about low enough to not feel too gutted when something better comes along in three months time.I already have Sky+, so what I...
JonathanPosted: 11 December 2004Last Updated: 26 December 2004
I broadly understand the differences between composite, s-video and component feeds from a DVD player to a TV/Plasma/projector. However, there is now a massive difference in prices of DVD players - I have a "no-name" player that cost less than 100...
Willie BPosted: 19 December 2004Last Updated: 24 December 2004
Anybody into Arcam out there. Room layout precludes expanding 82/250/SBL into home theatre in the main listening room so am thinking of a separate set up in another smaller room - 3m x 3.5m. I would also like reasonable music sound so have been...
Steve2701Posted: 11 December 2004Last Updated: 22 December 2004
In the shape of a DVD5. As close as is possible to ten months to the day from placing the order.. & yes.. I have a huge smile on my face. You will have read all of the superlatives before, so I wont bore with you with any more, I will just re-iterate what someone before has said.. ' I don't know what Naim do with their 1's & 0's, but they do it SIGNIFICANTLY better than anyone has before' This little beauty is brilliant. Well done Naim for the DVD5!
garyiPosted: 18 December 2004Last Updated: 20 December 2004
We have spotted a rather charming 18th century cottage near to my work. And Have placed an offer.There is compromise in life and the inglnook fireplace is quite dominant in the room and the layout suggests the only place for speakers is either side....
HimatPosted: 18 December 2004Last Updated: 20 December 2004
i would just like to clear my mind on how my av2 should be set up .my setup main speakers (large) ruark CL20center (large) ruark CL15 rear (small) mk55 tripolessub (yes) rel storm3 if they are all set to small the base freqency sent to the sub.so will...
DeeplyPosted: 27 November 2004Last Updated: 19 December 2004
Hi,I have a through lounge which is predominantly used for music. However, my old 21” TV has now given up the ghost and I am looking to replace it. Trouble is that my loudspeakers are either side of a 66” wide opening into the far room, in...
Scott RyanPosted: 17 December 2004Last Updated: 18 December 2004
Does anyone have enough experience with a DVD5 to know how its CD playback quality compares to Naim CD (only) players? Where would it fall in the CD5i, CD5, CDX2 hierarchy?
Allan ProbinPosted: 17 December 2004Last Updated: 17 December 2004
Sky recently announced it's intention to begin high definition broadcasts in Jan 2006 and to make this content available ONLY via encrypted digital outputs at 720p/50Hz and 1080i/50Hz. This announcement initiated a flurry of speculation regarding...
Obsessed1Posted: 13 December 2004Last Updated: 17 December 2004
Are the multichannel DVD-Audio boards yet available for the DVD5? Has anyone heard them? And if they are available, how much are they?As an aside, I was listening to Pink Floyd's 5.1 channel SACD of DSOTM through my AV2/150/175 last night, and it...
AncipitalPosted: 10 December 2004Last Updated: 17 December 2004
Hi Guys Currently I have my plasma TV sitting on an Ikea TV stand and the centre speaker is on a wall shelf mounted above & behind it. During my impromptu DVD5 demo the other day I spotted a B&W HTM1 centre speaker This er...lttle speaker is somewhat larger and heavier than my original speaker. My query is, has anyone seen a plasma stand that incorporates a single shelf to support a centre speaker? The plasma mount point should be at a height that gives a horizonal view whilst seated on a...
jpk73Posted: 05 December 2004Last Updated: 16 December 2004
Hi! I just moved to my new appartement. Existing gear:a) setup1: 52/135s/active NBLsb) setup2: 72/140/Kansc) Computer with two stereo USB -> analog/digital-audio interfaces (= external USB soundcard).I want to use my existing computer to play DVDs...
NamePosted: 16 December 2004Last Updated: 16 December 2004
Will naim be marketing a snaic to allow the connection of a subwoofer to the audio out of a supercap/hicap etc.
karybouePosted: 16 December 2004Last Updated: 16 December 2004
Last week-end I was thinking about upgrading, just dreaming. One day I should try a NAP 250.2 at my dealer but what will I do with my NAP 200 ?So I pluged it in the rears and the V175 in the front and center ... oh, man ! It really opens space in the...
Don the deep diverPosted: 08 December 2004Last Updated: 15 December 2004
The first cut of my home cinema has two Fraims to the right of the right front speaker and it looks cluttered.I would like to put a Fraim each side of the center speaker (Linn Akurate) which would use space better and should look great.However SNAIC...
JonathanPosted: 08 December 2004Last Updated: 12 December 2004
Ive just purchased a Mitsubishi HC900 projector - I will project onto a wall thats about 4.5 metres across in total. I would appreciate some advice as to the appropriate size of screen. I was thinking of 3 metres across to get the full movie/16:9...
Arun MehanPosted: 08 December 2004Last Updated: 10 December 2004
With the increasing availability of DVI on DVD players, does this mean that the software will change? I realize that most players can output 540p via progressive component, but if we want native 720p or 1080i will the software have to change also?...
CjonesPosted: 07 December 2004Last Updated: 08 December 2004
I currently us Pass amps in my system. I think they sound excellent. I was wondering if anyone has tried other combinations? Plinius? Linn? Others?Thanks Chris J
cchua1Posted: 06 December 2004Last Updated: 08 December 2004
Any forum member who has experience with Naim's new DVD player? I'm referring to both audio and video performance of the DVD5. Curious to know how it compares with other high-end DVD players. I wonder how it would compare with Linn's new Unidisc...