Hi-Fi Corner

echobasePosted: 20 December 2018Last Updated: 20 December 2018
In 2016 I purchased a Hegel H160 integrated amp to pair with my newly-acquired Dynaudio Focus 160s. Listening mostly to guitar and drum rock, I immediately realized I had made a grave error. Although it offered buttery smooth vocals and nice separation of instruments, the Hegel lacked speed and slam. I was bored rigid. Despite a 250w/4ohm rating, it was never able to convincingly grip the Dyns. A costly mistake indeed, as I sold it on audiogon a couple of months ago and straight away...
easeback1Posted: 19 December 2018Last Updated: 20 December 2018
Managed to blow fuses in my NAP 250 DR & Powerline mains cable. Switched to the spare fuse on the 250, but does anyone know the recommended fuse for the Powerline plug (UK) ? Can't find anything in the manual... TIA
NaimAudioPosted: 20 December 2018Last Updated: 20 December 2018
We have identified an issue in the latest release (v2.9) that affected a very small number of Android 8 users. While we investigate we have taken the decision to revert to the previous version (v2.8.2) until a fix can be provided. Please note: After installation of this version (v2.8.2) please perform a full reboot of your device. Additionally, if you encounter any issues launching the app, please reboot your device and try again before contacting technical support.
RichierooPosted: 13 December 2018Last Updated: 20 December 2018
Hi I am finishing my Linn Kan Mk1 - speakers and I was looking at the crossover which has a couple of coiled chokes ......... and I looked at the proximity of the crossover to the B110 magnet ........ and thought ............ hmm if the coils vibrated within the flux of the magnet - that would generate some sort of emf........ possibly at certain frequencies. So bearing in mind - the proximity of the magnet to crossover do you think it would be a good idea to have external crossover boxes -...
PopeyePosted: 20 December 2018Last Updated: 20 December 2018
Hi guys just out of interest really, does anyone know what is likely to make the XPS DR a more expensive product than the 250 DR. I know they are completely different products. Just interesting to me as a layman, as the inside of a XPS DR is somewhat sparse compared with the 250 DR. Obviously there is a reason.
GraemeHPosted: 13 October 2018Last Updated: 20 December 2018
First thing this morning and without music playing my right channel started a very loud continous crackling and poppinng from standby. I powered down and took the XPSDR out to eliminate that. Powered on the 250DR, just a hiss, then switched on the 272...loud crackling and popping back, so it’s all off now. Any clues folks? Thanks G
M2bfxPosted: 19 December 2018Last Updated: 19 December 2018
ok so I am a person who changes his mind over the years, and I have decided to yet again get back into the world of Hifi again. I currently have meridian 551 etc and moving over to Naim, what is the best way to go. i have a new P3 turntable with MM mk3 and looking to stream music at a later date. Should I go for XS or Supernait 2.. running B&W CDM 7NT speakers and want a more tighter deeper base, and a clearer sound space. Thanks
The Strat (Fender)Posted: 18 December 2018Last Updated: 19 December 2018
Guys, Purely out of interest is the 552 PS a Supercap derivative? Regards, Lindsay
Haim RonenPosted: 16 December 2018Last Updated: 18 December 2018
..why so very few among the professionals who are best equipped to evaluate it, musicians, recording engineers and Hi Fi reviewers, own NAIM gear?
PederPosted: 18 December 2018Last Updated: 18 December 2018
A friend found this ad from a Swedish hifi store,..See the text and image below. Does anyone here know anything about this powerstrip below,..could it really be Naim's power cord for that price.? -----------------????????????????????????????---------------- Music-Line,...Powerstrip. Better power to your music-system. price: £75:- Description: Music-Line Powerstrip,with Naim's own power cord. Music-Line is now launching an instep solution,in the form of a specially selected powerstrip with Naim's
goopiePosted: 18 December 2018Last Updated: 18 December 2018
Unfortunately one of the binding posts for my 250 Chrome Bumper has been damaged. Can anyone suggest where I can buy replacements for the set? I am in Australia. Thanks for any help.
ZipperheadbanjoPosted: 14 December 2018Last Updated: 18 December 2018
Due to the connection limitations imposed by this combo (4 pin Din > 5 pin Din) I'm curious what interconnects are preferred by those have them in their system. I was using a Hiline until it broke (will get around to getting it repaired eventually)... now I'm using the standard Naim interconnect which actually sounds really really good. Superlumina isn't an option, and from what I've read on this forum likely won't be in the future. Curious what other options are out there that people...
JonnersPosted: 18 December 2018Last Updated: 18 December 2018
Hello all - I swear I saw a thread about the subject I'm about to post on quite recently but can't find it when I search, hence this new topic post. I'm wondering if it matters which of the 2 auxillaries the interconnect from my Phono Stage is plugged into on the back of my 282? From memory, some forum members were recommending one over the other, but I can't remember which is supposed to be the better of the 2. Thanks one and all and my apologies for causing any eye-rolling moments! Jon
hungryhalibutPosted: 17 December 2017Last Updated: 18 December 2018
Welcome to System Pics 2018. To start things off, here are a couple of pictures of my setup. There have been some big changes over the past year; a 300 and a 555PS, and some extra shelves to accommodate them.
james nPosted: 17 December 2018Last Updated: 18 December 2018
Anyone using one. It had a good review in HFN but they mentioned the supplied Wall Wart wasn't too good (or at least the 2 samples they had - bad batch ?). Is this the case for those that own one ? James
jsaudioPosted: 17 December 2018Last Updated: 17 December 2018
Can someone confirm which 2 sockets I should use to connect the NAP 300 to the 552PS please? The manual shows socket 3 "to stereo power amps", and 2 "to mono or dual mono power amps" and 1 "additional signal output". I noticed that I had socket 3 and the one above it "additional signal output" connected. I switched it to socket 3 and 2 . Is that correct? and which one is right and left. My DIN/XLR are color coded red and green thanks
ZipperheadbanjoPosted: 12 December 2018Last Updated: 17 December 2018
I have an opportunity to purchase a 1 year old 552 / 552 DR power supply at a larger than 50% discount from retail. I calculate that with the sale of my 252, NDX, and a couple of third party items that I won't mention here... I could recoup about 65% of the costs of the 552. Essentially my cash outlay would be about $6K Canadian... although I would be tying up considerably more than that in the initial purchase of the 552.. until I was able to sell my other gear. I do have the funds at my...
AlthepoPosted: 15 December 2018Last Updated: 17 December 2018
Hi. My first post here. I have a Supernait 2 with Hicap DR driving a pair of B&W 805D3 speakers. Overall I'm happy with the sound but am also interested to see if I can take things a step further. The speakers can be bi-wired and I'm wondering whether bi-amping the Supernait 2 with either a 200 or 250 would bring significant gains in the experience of other forum users? The obvious answer of course is to try, but as my nearest dealer is a 160 mile round trip I thought I'd get some...
yoav1yon1Posted: 17 December 2018Last Updated: 17 December 2018
hi, I have limited space and wonder whether olives sc's can be placed right above nap135 without any shelve in between? lp12+sl+sc+52+sc+135's thanks yoav1
SandalsPosted: 10 December 2018Last Updated: 17 December 2018
Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself and, right out of the gate, ask for some help. I am on the Left Coast of Canada and I have been a Linn guy for years. Currently at home I have a Linn DS steaming into 2*LK140 and Aktive Katans and it is very good. In my office I have an Ariston RD-11 and a pair of Linn Kan MK1. Since Linn has decided to drop their support of their "community" on the Forums, I have made the conscious decision to follow my life-long fascination with Naim. So, for...
No quarterPosted: 13 December 2018Last Updated: 16 December 2018
i am thinking about trading my N272/250 DR (2016 model) for a 2016 NDS.As per the thread title,will my XPSDR,and it’s Burndy simply plug into the NDS and work?A little background...Last year I moved from a house to an apartment,so at the house I had a full home theatre in the basement,and a seperate 2 channel room upstairs with my Naim gear.Now ALL this gear is in one room,so it looks a bit like a dealer showroom.I am trying to downsize some of the gear,use the NDS as a source into my Cary...
mattchupPosted: 13 December 2018Last Updated: 16 December 2018
I’m trying to decide on an upgrade to my LP12. I currently run a prefix powered by a supercap and am debating on upgrading my tonearm (Graham Robin) with Lin Krystal cartridge to a TigerPaw Javelin with the same cartridge or upgrade from the prefix to a SuperLine powered by the supercap. The Power Supply on the LP-12 is a Lingo 2. Rest of the system is a 252/Supercap DR/300. Thanks!
Leon di San MarcoPosted: 14 December 2018Last Updated: 16 December 2018
Hi everybody! I'd like to digitalise some vinyls. The audio recorder will be a Cocktail Audio X10, which should be connected to a Supernait 2...but here there is no rec out or similar, only a sub out. Will this one do or are there other/better options? Thanks for your answers! Marco
Misterc98Posted: 15 December 2018Last Updated: 15 December 2018
Dear Fellow Naim Community Members, Just a quick question that I'd really appreciate some advice/comments/opinions/experience on please.... I have a 32.5/250/SNAPS/V1/RP6 and thinking of getting a Hicap but wondered a) is it worth doing and b) what are the differences/benefits? I understand the cost of a decent Hicap is circa £400 so would like to understand what I could expect to gain by such an upgrade e.g. bigger soundstage/control/others? Any help really very much appreciated. Wishing...
NJBPosted: 14 December 2018Last Updated: 15 December 2018
I am, according to my wife, a bit of a speaker collector. I have been through a few, but hey, who hasn’t. I started with KEFs Coda II, tried Rogers LS2 and settled on Epos ES14 for many years. I moved away from hifi, came back to it and flirted with Totem Dreamcatchers and Dynaudio Excite X12 before choosing my current Dynaudio Focus 160s. As you will note, all of them have been standmounts. I have tried a couple of floorstanders; my boss leant me some Wharfedale evolution 30 monsters that...