Padded Cell

JamieWednesdayPosted: 15 June 2018Last Updated: 17 June 2018
Friday night, beer in my hand, World Cup on telly and waiting for the Chinese. Ahhhhh...
The Strat (Fender)Posted: 07 June 2018Last Updated: 13 June 2018
........what is your browser of choice? Thanks. Lindsay
Robert BurgessPosted: 13 June 2018Last Updated: 13 June 2018
David Simon, creator of the TV series "The Wire" and a friend of Anthony Bourdain, has just written a wonderful tribute, well worth reading. You can find it if you Google "Anthony Bourdain David Simon".
aznbluePosted: 08 June 2018Last Updated: 13 June 2018
I was so saddened to learn that Anthony Bourdain passed away today. Anthony was a celebrated chef, author, media personality and esteemed world traveler. I enjoyed watching his shows like Parts Unknown, and his sense of humor and interesting outlook on life will be sorely missed. RIP Tony
Bf56Posted: 05 June 2018Last Updated: 11 June 2018
Nothing is sacred...those baddies at Kraft ( remember Cadburys ), now they are renaming salad cream !!!!! It will be renamed Sandwich Cream. I bet they dont even know the sandwich was invented by a Brit. Crisp Cream might be a better name, as we like dipping our crisps. But that might be confused with donuts. Crisps known as chips in the new world. Bob F . Discusted of West Midlands
DustysoxPosted: 01 June 2018Last Updated: 08 June 2018
Hi all, I am slowly losing my mind with PC network discovery!! We have Windows 10 PC's at work (yup, I know thats the problem!!!) and my PC can "see" three PC's and there are many others that are not showing up on the network that used to. I have checked Network & Sharing settings and it seems fine. I have ensured that under "Services" that Function Discovery/SSDP Discovery & UPnP Device Host are all started and set to start up type is Automatic. All seems well. I have disabled...
Mike-BPosted: 04 June 2018Last Updated: 07 June 2018
Not sure if anyone's seen this, first reported 1-May-18: Gibson the iconic guitar company filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. To avoid moderators wrath I won't post links but lots of press reports if you search ... Gibson Chapter 11 ... USA Today has a pretty good report & reasons why.
Kevin-WPosted: 11 July 2017Last Updated: 06 June 2018
As requested by Steve (Paper Plane) on the 16/17 thread, here's a new one for 2017/18. All leagues/divisions welcome. Come on you Irons!
Bruce WoodhousePosted: 04 June 2018Last Updated: 05 June 2018
In the last week or so all my MS Mail apps have developed the very annoying trait of failing to store the password for my BT internet account. Every time I use one of them I have to go to settings and re-enter it to get the list of messages updated. I have deleted the account and re-entered it but it keeps happening. It did this once or twice before then settled down but it has been happening for too long and is driving me nuts. A quick trawl online reveals a plethora of similar comments,...
spurrier sucksPosted: 30 May 2018Last Updated: 04 June 2018
Is there no Freespeech in the UK?
james nPosted: 29 May 2018Last Updated: 02 June 2018
Where's Huge ?
Tabby catPosted: 30 May 2018Last Updated: 31 May 2018
Sad news Dave Wilson past away on May 26 from bone cancer.He had been in remission the last 10 years but sadly the cancer came back with a vengeance.He was 73.A true innovator in loudspeaker design in the industry.He has passed the business side of the company on to his son Daryl who has been busy the last 5 years with the Alexia and Sasha models.Here is a picture of Dave with his swansong the WAMM Master Chronosonic Loudspeakers.One of the Industry greats.
Fabio 1Posted: 25 May 2018Last Updated: 30 May 2018
Hi all,after purchasing my Sony Ilce 7 rm3 I'm now considering a very consistent monitor upgrade,as the one I have is not in the same league of my camera.What you guys would suggest?Eizo?LG or what else?Budget being between 1k and 1,5k.Thank you.
MulberryPosted: 21 May 2018Last Updated: 29 May 2018
Hi, I’m a long time subscriber to the US magazine Stereophile. While it always took some time for the issues to arrive over here in Germany, it seems like they are now later than ever. The last few years, the issues arrived around the same time the articles were published on their website. Not really perfect, but nothing I couldn’t ignore. This month the May issue arrived only this Friday, a little more than a week after the June issue was announced online. Any other subscribers from Europe...
GCPosted: 25 May 2018Last Updated: 28 May 2018
Hi Richard - My name is coming up on google searches to a couple of old posts I put on here - could you remove my name from them? Can you message me privately so I can tell you which ones they are? thanks - G
Minh NguyenPosted: 23 May 2018Last Updated: 26 May 2018
I'm starting work on restoring a 1960s Bedford CA campervan. The body work is pretty good but it needs a new interior and modernisation. This is my first restoration project and I hope to have it finished by the end of Summer. Please see the photos below:
adamxx88Posted: 24 May 2018Last Updated: 24 May 2018
Hi there! Is anyone good at Huawei network equipment? Does OSN 1500B have AC power supply, cuz we only have AC power enviorment.
hafler3oPosted: 24 May 2018Last Updated: 24 May 2018
Anyone else getting this? Naim e-mail, 'We want to stay in touch' type of thing. Redirects to a webpage where you have 2 radio button choices 'all mail' or 'select what you want' plus you tick your equipment off. I do all that then the page just sits there forever with a 'wheel going round'. Great. Next, 3 times now the actual site here has saved my 'agreement' and 'data' in something I believe to be a profile page. But every other day I have to repeat the process. Is anyone else getting this?
EJSPosted: 26 March 2018Last Updated: 23 May 2018
The Macbook Pro 2016 (15" touchbar) has been the fastest and most reliable mac I've ever owned, but the keyboard's gone from a mild (loud clattering) nuisance to a flat out irritation. One spec of dust under the keys and they clog up. And while that can be remedied with some canned air, slowly but steadily, keys have started to become unresponsive and require a hard press to register (if at all). I'm at the stage where I'm considering bringing it in for a keyboard replacement, although I...
stuart.ashenPosted: 24 January 2018Last Updated: 21 May 2018
Hi all, following a conversation with Tomser I am sure a few members will be climbers or hill walkers. So, a chance to post about your favourite climbs and share the odd photo. I will start the ball rolling with my beloved coming off the Barre des Ecrins in France. Stu
joerandPosted: 18 May 2018Last Updated: 20 May 2018
Does anyone outside of the UK give this much consideration?
ynwa250505Posted: 17 May 2018Last Updated: 20 May 2018
I’ve searched the Forums and can’t find the answer ... help ...
SamClausPosted: 08 May 2018Last Updated: 20 May 2018
Having had several pieces of Naim equipment over the decades (starting in 1979), I was wondering whether anything similar to the Nikon or Leica compendia had ever been published by Naim. I do find it difficult sometimes to navigate my way around the different amps/preamps, etc. - some of the members know an awful lot about Naim's history, but they seem to take it for granted that we all share the same knowledge. The "product history", on the Naim site, is of very limited interest - some...
GraemeHPosted: 19 May 2018Last Updated: 19 May 2018
Since updating to 4.6 I’ve noticed sonic changes over the past few weeks as I’ve made my way through familiar material. The sound signature is now more familiar...I’m used to it, and I like it. There was a while where very familiar albums sounded differently and a period of recalibration required. Surely, as no hardware is involved in these updates, this is brain burn-in? But does it also evidence much of what we fret over as equipment burn-in is infact brain burn-in?. G
ynwa250505Posted: 17 May 2018Last Updated: 18 May 2018
I can’t find this capability anywhere - it seems to only be possible to print a single thread entry or am I missing something?