Home Theatre

fatcatPosted: 09 November 2015Last Updated: 09 November 2015
Why buy Bluray. You don’t get the authentic clatter of wheels, cogs and belts or the smell of burning oil. Plus it doesn’t have a built in room heater.
DaanPosted: 22 September 2015Last Updated: 06 November 2015
Hi all,     I occasionally play concert registrations on dvd or blueray disc and am thinking of adding a 5.1 device  to my NAP200/NAC202/NAPSC/HiCAPDR based system. Currently I feed the audio from the BD player through coaxial interlink...
OceanisPosted: 27 October 2015Last Updated: 27 October 2015
Hi system goes Sky TV box via and Apple TV via HDMI to Pionneer TV then via optical lead to Naim DAC input. SKy box is not set to Dolby and Apple TV is set to PCM Problem is no sound from DAC to amplifier (Belles) Amp is working fine Any thoughts?...
Gavin LPosted: 24 October 2015Last Updated: 26 October 2015
Can anyone offer advice on using my NAIM setup as the audio for a new HDTV?   I have an old NAC52/NAP250 that I have been using for hifi in the living room.  I am just about to buy a 4K hdtv and was rather hoping that I could hook the NAIM...
Kev PeelPosted: 17 October 2015Last Updated: 21 October 2015
Do anyone know how to get sound from my tv to unity? I have connected phono leads from my sky box to my unity but no joy!
HugoHPosted: 06 October 2015Last Updated: 17 October 2015
Hi there! I have naim nap200/nac202 combo, great combo by the way:) and I have my AV connection in Unity gain mode to an AV-receiver. In unity gain mode only there is a continuously beeeeeeep sound. Not so loud but clearly audibly and extremly...
Mr UnderhillPosted: 09 September 2015Last Updated: 17 October 2015
Netflix   My daughters have now boomeranged home and in doing so bought their Netflix subscriptions with them, enabling me to have a look at the app on the Oppo. The one film I have watched in full was Walking in the Tombstones, which I think is...
Penfold2015Posted: 27 September 2015Last Updated: 06 October 2015
Hi Guys,   I assume this has been asked a thousand times so forgive me.   I have a fairly cheap Sony blue ray DVD player and wondered if the sound it can be played through my Naim system?   I am thinking it will require a DAC unit into...
Gavin BPosted: 04 September 2015Last Updated: 28 September 2015
Help!  My Panasonic HDD/DVD recorder won't turn on - either from the remote or from the buttons on the unit.  This has happened before and was solved by pulling the power cord out and re-booting completely.  It was okay for a while and...
Sneaky SNAICPosted: 08 July 2015Last Updated: 24 September 2015
Notice I didn't say pulled the trigger...I'm from Texas originally and we know enough to squeeze the trigger.   Anyway, folks told me not to get rid of the Rega DAC in favor of even an Oppo 105, and the CD player is not as good as something by...
Sneaky SNAICPosted: 05 September 2015Last Updated: 16 September 2015
I snagged an Antennas Direct Clearstream 2V and I'm about to crawl up into the attic and try it.   If its good, I want to get a preamp and send another coaxial to a 2nd room for the MIL.   Not the cheapest, or biggest, but compared to what...
HT-NaimeePosted: 08 August 2015Last Updated: 04 September 2015
Hello all :)   I just hooked up an Amazon FireTV to my nVi using an optical cable. But the sound is off. I think it is either too slow or too fast. Could it be that the nVi is not properly recognizing the sample rate? I cannot find an option to...
Mr UnderhillPosted: 22 August 2015Last Updated: 29 August 2015
What have you been watching? What would you recommend, what would you avoid??   M
tonymPosted: 07 August 2015Last Updated: 16 August 2015
I've just ordered a Mini DSP Nano with inbuilt Dirac room correction. This takes 7.1 PCM from my Oppo BluRay player, applies Dirac, then passes the HDMI audio/video to my Anthem processor. The latter uses ARC room correction but based on my...
djs1784Posted: 12 August 2015Last Updated: 14 August 2015
  1)Is it as simple as connecting green electrical copper wire between the two ground terminals and switching to external? 2)If yes,  what will be the earthing switch position on the DAC? (I have had custom run  isolated power line...
Mr UnderhillPosted: 11 June 2015Last Updated: 02 August 2015
With the help of a friend I have been tuning my system and so thought I would post some notes.   I have made a few changes over the last year:   1. New Audio Physic Centre (tonally matches my Living Voice mains); 2. Focal Dome rears; 3. MJ...
cuciu76Posted: 23 July 2015Last Updated: 30 July 2015
Hi, i would like to buy the new preamp-streamer 272 and i'd like to understand how to integrate it with my AV preamp (NAD T175). Which type of settings and connections should i do?   tks
trevshanPosted: 19 July 2015Last Updated: 19 July 2015
Bit of a novice so please bear with me. I would like to use the muso with a Panasonic TV. I have attached the optical cable to both but no sound. I still have a Bluray player hdmi attached via sky box. there is obviously a very simple solution so...
Sneaky SNAICPosted: 30 June 2015Last Updated: 06 July 2015
Total noob in AV, not really into it, but want to have a good experience...my son wants to watch some DVDs, which is something we do *very* rarely since they are in college.  However, we do have some good old DVD of concerts, etc.  Seems...
DungassinPosted: 30 May 2015Last Updated: 03 July 2015
My multiregion (bluray and DVD) Oppo 83SE seems to developed a fatal fault.  It now repeatedly stutters, has bad lip-synce, freezes, reports wrong disc, refuses sometimes to respond to the remote (even the original remote rather than my Harmony)....
SkipPosted: 28 June 2015Last Updated: 28 June 2015
My Muso problems have subsided with the new Samsung which has an optical out which works with the Muso and the firmware update which brings Spotify Connect back.  Everything is sounding great and we have very much enjoyed "Muscle Shoals" and "20...
Mr UnderhillPosted: 30 May 2015Last Updated: 06 June 2015
I have been updating the AV side of my system for the past year.   I replaced my Skibo Centre with an Audio Physic Centre, which tonally matches my Living Voice main speakers.   Last week I swapped out my much loved Linn Kans for Focal...
GMHRPosted: 03 June 2015Last Updated: 04 June 2015
HI, I have a nac252, nap250, supercap with an AV2 going through the unity gain on the 252 for surround. I also have a set of M&K satelight speakers and a M&K MX 7000SF Sub woofer. Before I bought thenac252, nap250, supercap I had the crossover on the AV2 set to 80 and the subwoofer set to bypass and everything was fine. Now I have both the supercap and the AV2 connected to the sub through RCA cables, as the NAC252/SUPERCAP doesn't have a crossover setting, what setting...
joerandPosted: 02 June 2015Last Updated: 02 June 2015
This film is apparently doing well in the UK and several critics seem to have liked it. I'd be interested to hear what folks here thought of it. My thoughts below ...     Not surprisingly, this was not an upbeat film. It's based largely on...
NigelPosted: 05 May 2015Last Updated: 30 May 2015
Hi Everyone   I recently bought myself a Samsung smart TV and this has got be thinking about ripping my DVDs as the NAS I have will allow me to stream videos.  All my music is ripped to FLAC and stored on the NAS.  Thus, if I need it in...