Streaming Audio

fernarPosted: 04 December 2018Last Updated: 04 December 2018
Looks as if Radio Paradise are having problems this morning - stuck in a loop playing Ekova — Siip Siie over and over again - nice song, but gets a bit boring when played back to back repeatedly Wonder what up...
MeerkatPosted: 04 December 2018Last Updated: 04 December 2018
Is anyone experiencing this issue on Radio Paradise? They have played the same track ten times in a row (Slip Side - Ekova - Space Lullabies) Followed by the usual comment, "Thank you, we could not do what we do without you". Ten times in a row. What's going on?
ParlowPosted: 01 November 2018Last Updated: 04 December 2018
i have enjoyed using internet radio to stream BBC radio “on demand” programmes. However it’s stopped working. My Uniti2 reports “Can’t Play”. It still works great for live broadcasts but not the old stuff. I’m reduced to using Bluetooth and the iPlayer app on my phone. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
ChrisR_EPLPosted: 03 December 2018Last Updated: 03 December 2018
This is trivial, but annoying. I long ago accepted that BBC local radio football commentaries are blocked on streamed audio, but on Saturday on the still new Muso I put R Leicester on and had full commentary of Leicester v Watford. Great. Then I accidentally switched off the router, when it came back up commentary had been replaced by the recorded message on a loop, that due to contractual reasons blah blah. I can't test it post full network reboot till the next game (v Fulham on Weds) but...
CurvePosted: 02 December 2018Last Updated: 03 December 2018
I'm having some challenges with getting the best out of my NDX and I've not seen anything that quite gets to the bottom of this on the forums, so I'd appreciate learning from other's experience. I have a Synology NAS serving my FLAC music files, and I've tried both Synology Media Server and Plex Media Server on the NAS. I have some primary and secondary requirements: Primary - Rapid catalogue access, gapless playback Secondary - Artist and album art, file seek (e.g. fast fwd, rewind within...
kdl6769Posted: 01 December 2018Last Updated: 02 December 2018
I am using a Uniti Nova, mainly with Tidal but sometimes with my music library via Airplay. At some point I will go the NAS/server/Roon route, but for the time being, my music library (including ripped CDs) is all stored on a Mac desktop in iTunes. Some files are lossless, some are not. My question: does it make a difference if I stream from my synched iPhone or directly from the desktop, in terms of the size of the file that is sent to the Uniti? As a practical matter it's much easier to...
RadjiPosted: 19 November 2018Last Updated: 02 December 2018
I’ve just purchased an NDX2 and want to connnect to my AV amp which only has either digital input or RCA input. Ive read that the analogue outputs will provide better quality. Will an interconnect that is 5pin DIN to 2 RCA be better than RCA to RCA. I’ve seen that Chord have Shawline cables that provides either option and so has anyone any experience of these and which will give the best sound. Radji
RevoliñoPosted: 28 November 2018Last Updated: 02 December 2018
As I am encountering the disabilities of my NAC-N272 quite a lot now I am thinking of replacing my separates to a single box, a new Uniti Nova. I am keen on the sound of my system now so I am afraid I will just loose a lot with the change so maybe you can help me with some information about it. At the moment my system consists of a NAC-N 272, a NAP 200DR and two Dynaudio Contour 20’s. My annoyances are coming from the streaming (dis)abilities of the NAC and I think the Nova will do this...
ObsydianPosted: 20 November 2018Last Updated: 02 December 2018
If i wanted to setup to Raspberry Pi to use Bubble to stream Tidal to my Naim streamer, what else do I need and how do i configure. I understand the Raspberry Pi is a good solution, but do i need a bare bones version or one with a DAC built in.
charlieoPosted: 13 September 2018Last Updated: 02 December 2018
Hello all, hoping there's something out there that will fill my needs: In addition to an LP-12 and CD5XS, I have a Sonos Connect feeding into my 282 pre. I don't want to invest in a Naim streamer, or even the DAC-VI, but I understand that the built-in DAC in the Sonos is not of great quality. I'm looking for a bargain DAC, maybe up to $600 or so, that will dramatically improve the Sonos signal while not breaking the bank. Are there any DAC's out there known to be great value for the money?
Matty.sPosted: 01 December 2018Last Updated: 01 December 2018
Hi, Is it possible to get radio Luxembourg on the naim streamers.I am hoping to play it via my ndx and have done a few searches with no luck. Thanks Matty
teodosiPosted: 29 November 2018Last Updated: 01 December 2018
Hello to all of you. Please excuse me for my very bad English. Most importantly, I'm a hot fan of Naim and I think it's the pride of the British Audio Industry! Now the question related to my problem ... My digital source is Dune HD TV 303D. When I play files 24/192 through the optical input of DAC V 1, there is a lot of sniping and scratching. More often, V1 punches and the display shows: DSPDAC Reg18 (W) Fail. None of the V1 functions works. Not on the remote or the front panel. I need to...
PlumptonfcPosted: 26 November 2018Last Updated: 01 December 2018
Hi All, I was interested in your opinions on the best Routers / Modems and cables to achieve the highest quality / reliability for streaming music. Many thanks Gary
balma01Posted: 29 November 2018Last Updated: 01 December 2018
my first generation uniti (24/96) is not able to stream tidal directly. Do you have any suggestion on how to stream from an android device or a pc?
EcholanePosted: 30 November 2018Last Updated: 30 November 2018
This has happened to me more than once. Disc1 is perfectly filled in with all track info properly identified. But all data fields are completely blank on Disc 2. I added Title and Artist and Cover with the edit metadata feature and then invoked “lookup metadata” but it returns nothing. However when I specifically select Rovi, where it appears Disc 1 got its metadata, a message comes up NO ONLINE METADATA. That has me really puzzled because how else does Naim affix metadata? if anyone has any...
Man with no NaimPosted: 27 November 2018Last Updated: 30 November 2018
Hi everyone, As everyone knows, there is a lot of speculation around whether Naim will release a replacement/upgrade/MK2 for the N272. However no one knows for sure if and when. So this is my dilemma, do I purchase a current N272 or sit it out and wait for the replacement, if it happens? Current system is Uniti Nova, XPS DR (not being used at present), Nap 250 DR and PMC Twenty5 26. All replies gratefully appreciated.
andreaPosted: 06 October 2018Last Updated: 29 November 2018
Hallo everyone. I'm recently streaming very often on my 32-5/110/Kan system (very good, by the way), through iPhone or iPad. (I feel CDs sound a bit better though. Isn't that strange?). I wonder if there would be a preferred input to use, a preferred cable to connect, a preferred streaming source. I'm using tape input, a cable made by Flashback, and Tidal Premium. But there could be better? Like a special board made for, or better fitted to the source? or a better cable, or a better...
Abbey-CrunchPosted: 29 October 2018Last Updated: 29 November 2018
I have a Synology DS215j playing through an NDS. All was working fine up until a couple of weeks ago. Now if I go in through Music/By Folder/[Artist] it comes up with "no results". This is the case with every artist. All the music is there if I go in through "All music" but of course it's a pain trying to find / play what I want. Any suggestions?
AndibPosted: 29 November 2018Last Updated: 29 November 2018
Hi all, I kindly ask for some support. I tried to connect 3 components to a multiroom system: muso, muso qb, nd5xs2 The musos play together, the nd5xs2 only plays alone. Is it not able to do multiroom via airplay2 with it? It has the latest update. Thank you, Andreas
kdl6769Posted: 27 November 2018Last Updated: 29 November 2018
Recently got a Nova, and am still experimenting, but one thing I think I have observed is that Tidal sounds much better via Airplay or Chromecast than via the Naim app. Through the app it sounded shrill and uncontrolled, and I started to worry about things like speaker placement, cabling, room dimensions, whether the Nova is all it's cracked up to be etc. I noticed a substantial improvement when I ran the Tidal app via Airplay and Chromecast - the presentation was much smoother and had none...
Mr PawsPosted: 25 November 2018Last Updated: 29 November 2018
Just a thought, Powerline adaptors are not popular with some on here but a mate of mine does use them to send ripped files to his NAS. I advised him not to do this but am I right here ? I’m assuming the digital signal will somehow get degraded but is this really the case? After all it’s all 0’s & 1’s . Cheers.
ursus262Posted: 28 November 2018Last Updated: 28 November 2018
I am wondering if I am the only one in this position. I have had problems with streaming with internally (album art not showing) and files not playing, to my Uniti losing connection with the router (I use a wi fi bridge) and have difficulty getting it connected again. I recently got onto Tidal, only to find that many albums won't load on the app. There is another thread about this subject, and switching to Tidal HiFi seems to solve the problem. But overall, the technology is not reliable...
WojPosted: 08 November 2018Last Updated: 28 November 2018
Hi, do anyone of you know whether it is possible to access Radio Paradise's alternate streams on the Uniti streamer? On the Squeezebox platform there are 4 available: Main Mix, Mellow Mix, Rock Mix and Mellow Mix. All in FLAC and all fantastic!
john VPosted: 10 November 2018Last Updated: 28 November 2018
I occasionally need to add or edit metadata when my Unit Core is unable to find the information. I follow the instructions adding the name of the artist and naming the album. Then I click on"save". I check the album on the CD list and everything seems fine. Then later, when I go back to that CD, it has reverted back to "unknown" . Any suggestions ?
Thorsten_LPosted: 27 November 2018Last Updated: 28 November 2018
Hi! I exchanged my Unity Core to a demo ND5XS and I upgraded the firmware successfully to 4.6 (no error). Everything works perfectly, but I can´t find TIDAL...not on the inputs settings...nowhere. Like I said, the upgrade was successful and I already did a factory reset...no success in regards to Tidal. NAIM ap = 5.11.2 Yes, my ND5XS is able to stream 24/192 (3Dxxxxx...). Any advice? Thank you