Prince Harry's Wedding

Posted by: joerand on 18 May 2018

Does anyone outside of the UK give this much consideration?

Posted on: 18 May 2018 by Eloise

I’m in the U.K.: who is it he’s marrying?

Intended to indicate I really don’t give it much consideration either... I was reading that applications for road closures for street parties are down considerably since William got married (which is to be expected probably as Harry is v.v.v.unlikely ever to become king) - down everywhere that is except Glasgow that had zero applications in 2011, and now zero applications in 2018.

Posted on: 18 May 2018 by james n

You could ask the same within the UK too. Lovely couple and i wish them the best of luck but the continuos coverage is starting to get a bit wearing now...

Posted on: 18 May 2018 by Mike-B

MODERATOR ALERT  ..............  this is a wedding free zone.   

Posted on: 18 May 2018 by TOBYJUG

I would imagine Williams a bit miffed he's not watching the FA cup footy instead.

Posted on: 18 May 2018 by GraemeH

I was surprised Angela Merkel's dad is still alive.

G

Posted on: 18 May 2018 by Mike-B
GraemeH posted:

I was surprised Angela Merkel's dad is still alive.

G

...............   sadly dear old Horst passed away in 2011

Posted on: 18 May 2018 by MDS

Yawn........

Posted on: 18 May 2018 by T38.45

Prince who?

Posted on: 18 May 2018 by Hook

I’ll watch just for the fascinators.

Posted on: 18 May 2018 by hafler3o

Plenty of interest here in France (from the ladies of the village) but I won't be watching. I've a sander and power drill to strip down.

Posted on: 18 May 2018 by Paper Plane

Will Harry's father be there?

steve

Posted on: 18 May 2018 by Paper Plane

I'll be at a model railway exhibition with one of my layouts. Been wondering how the attendance wiil be affected, if at all.

steve

Posted on: 18 May 2018 by Drewy
Paper Plane posted:

Will Harry's father be there?

steve

I don’t think any of his parents will be there. In fact I question whether it’s even a royal wedding 

Posted on: 18 May 2018 by DBS-Al

I understand Meghan's father isn't going, sort of takes the sparkle off for Markle.

Posted on: 18 May 2018 by docmark

Another royal wedding.  ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................  Thank God for my Naim gear - I won't have to listen to all the crap surrounding this affair.

Posted on: 18 May 2018 by docmark

Are those hats (above about 7 images) for real?

Posted on: 18 May 2018 by NickSeattle
docmark posted:

I wear mine every day, to the shipyard.  Gets me "respect".  I take it off when I am working, mind.

Posted on: 18 May 2018 by joerand
docmark posted:

Unfortunately the hat on the Queen's Guard on the right was out of frame. Possibly the most extravagant of the bunch.

Posted on: 19 May 2018 by Don Atkinson
docmark posted:

Never mind the hats.........are the two girls for real ?

Posted on: 19 May 2018 by TOBYJUG

I've got my best dress, heels and fascinator on.

Posted on: 19 May 2018 by Rich 1

Every one to their own, I'm watching now and will be listening to the wedding music through my Naim bits and pieces. I'm also thinking about the hopefully lucrative publicity these types of events seem to make around the world. Rich 

Posted on: 19 May 2018 by Kiwi cat
joerand posted:

Does anyone outside of the UK give this much consideration?

I'm enjoying it in New Zealand. Quite a glamorous crowd with Luther, George and Amal and Becks with his misery-guts wife.

it reminds me of when I was working as a surgical SHO in the Royal Hampshire County Hospital in Winchester in 1986. Back then it was Andrew and Fergie tying the knot. It was a very happy day, and it made me realise the Queen is my Queen as well. I am happy to be part of the Commonwealth and I wish Harry and Megan well.

I’m very much in favour of our constitutional monarchy. Lots of historic traditions that remind us of what’s good and bad about society, morals and leadership.

It also separates the “goodwill handshakers” from the politicians. And it avoids the need for a Presidential election every four or five years.

Far better than American, Russian, Chinese or even many European systems.

And Charles, William and George all have plenty of time to train for the top role and the others for their supporting roles.

Oh! And my daughter and granddaughters tell me they are up at some stupid time in Canada and watching events, presumably live on I-pads.

Posted on: 19 May 2018 by Simon-in-Suffolk

She looks rather good me thinks....