???????????? Summer and Holidays ???????????? ???????? Greetings To You All ???? ????

Posted by: Peder on 01 July 2018

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? 

Hi,..I would like to wish everyone here at Naim's Forum,a Happy And Enjoyable Summer.

I live 1000 km north of Stockholm,in Sweden,..attaching two image links.

? The first is a summer-picture that I have taken today,1/7-18. It's 25 degrees C hot.
? The second one is taken this winter,it is 25 degrees C cold.

Both pictures have the same view from my house,which is located 800m from the centre of the small town I live in.Then you see the difference between summer and winter here in northern Sweden.

In the background of the summer picture you see a lake,which is centrally located in town.

Nice holiday..... ????

/Peder ????.

???? Summer picture from my house.
Https://i.imgur.com/RiE6HL2.jpg 

???? Winter picture from my house. https://i.imgur.com/2py5SsT.jpg

Posted on: 01 July 2018 by Bob the Builder

Thanks Peder and a happy summer to you too.  Your home in Sweden looks equally as beautiful both summer and winter you are very lucky.

We are having a bit of a heat wave here in England I'm right down on the coast in Brighton and at the moment it is a beautiful place to be.

Good luck in the next round of the world cup let's hope we both do well and arrive against one another in the quarter finals.

Posted on: 01 July 2018 by Mike-B

Tack Peder for sommaronskningarna.       Summer in UK for the last week is not as green & fresh as it looks in your home location.   UK had the warmest May month since records began over 100 years ago,  yes that was nice, but now its becoming a problem.  June was the driest since 1925 & everything is as dry as dust,  my normally nice green grass is grey.  All the nations in UK recorded >30'C on the same day last week,  my home has been between 27'C & 30'C for a week & its expected to continue until at least next weekend.  The upside is that sea, lake & river water temps are great for swimming,  its perfect for living outside,  great braai grill cooking so its all very positive.     However my forecast is a change is coming,  I see the jet stream forecast is for the weak stream thats now way north of UK to move down to be over south UK & strengthen,  that means low pressure & rain & that will happen on 15 July !!!   That is a day that holds an old farmer/folk lore saying,  15 July is Saint Swithin's Day & the old farmers saying is if it rains on that day it will rain for the next 40 days - for farmers this means a bad harvest season.    

Posted on: 01 July 2018 by Bob the Builder
Mike-B posted:

Tack Peder for sommaronskningarna.       Summer in UK for the last week is not as green & fresh as it looks in your home location.   UK had the warmest May month since records began over 100 years ago,  yes that was nice, but now its becoming a problem.  June was the driest since 1925 & everything is as dry as dust,  my normally nice green grass is grey.  All the nations in UK recorded >30'C on the same day last week,  my home has been between 27'C & 30'C for a week & its expected to continue until at least next weekend.  The upside is that sea, lake & river water temps are great for swimming,  its perfect for living outside,  great braai grill cooking so its all very positive.     However my forecast is a change is coming,  I see the jet stream forecast is for the weak stream thats now way north of UK to move down to be over south UK & strengthen,  that means low pressure & rain & that will happen on 15 July !!!   That is a day that holds an old farmer/folk lore saying,  15 July is Saint Swithin's Day & the old farmers saying is if it rains on that day it will rain for the next 40 days - for farmers this means a bad harvest season.    

J**** C**** Mike-B lighten up,  don't worry we'll be back to depressing grey skies and p****** down rain soon enough no need to wish it on the rest of us though just because you haven't got your normal nice green grass in the garden.

Posted on: 01 July 2018 by TOBYJUG

Don't worry, it'll be Christmas soon

Posted on: 01 July 2018 by Peder

???? BOB THE BUILDER,...Thanks,well..all countries, and different parts of countries have their advantages and disadvantages.
Up here it is pure white snow even inside the cities in the winter, it is incredibly beautiful.
The downside is that you get to shovel a lot of snow, this winter was the snow-record up here.

In the southern part of Sweden, if it comes snow, it thaws away in a few days and becomes directly grey and dirty..... depressing.

Hope also it goes well for England,and of course Sweden in the World Cup... and Brighton sounds nice.

/Peder ????

Bob the Builder posted:

J**** C**** Mike-B lighten up,  don't worry we'll be back to depressing grey skies and p****** down rain soon enough no need to wish it on the rest of us though just because you haven't got your normal nice green grass in the garden.

Steady on Bob,   just telling it like it is & you might just be reading it wrong.  Its pretty good for me & thats the way I said it,  semi joking about the grass but I do know grass & it's best not to try to keep it green.  As for the rest,  it really has been an unusual year,  forget the March freeze up but it was a fantastic May & June,  great temps,  perfect braai weather & I'll be sorry to see it change;    but change it must & ITR I'm having a little go at weather forecasting around 15 July.    

Posted on: 01 July 2018 by Peder

???? MIKE-B,...you wrote "Tack Peder for sommaronskningarna".

Måste fråga,har du bott eller arbetat i Sverige då du verkar kunna....i alla fall lite svenska.?

Write above text here below in English as well, so that all understand ????.
? Must Ask, have you lived or worked in Sweden when you seem to be able to.... at least a little Swedish.? ?

Thought,for you have told somewhere that you worked very internationally... I think it was in my Tina Turner thread,for there you also wrote something in Swedish.

? You also wrote:... " UK had the warmest May month since records began over 100 years ago".

The month of May was the same for us in Sweden, but last week there was a lot of rain luckily. Sweden introduced a fire ban, and the shops stopped selling disposable grills due to the firing ban.
The second you told me about,.... interesting,thanks.!

Just to MIKE-B,..Hoppas du får en fortsatt trevlig sommar.

/Peder???? 

Peder posted:

Måste fråga,har du bott eller arbetat i Sverige då du verkar kunna....i alla fall lite svenska.?
? Must Ask, have you lived or worked in Sweden when you seem to be able to.... at least a little Swedish.? ? 

Yes I stayed in Goteborg for over 1 year when my company bought out our Swedish dealer.   Prior to that I was responsible for the aftermarket in all Scandinavia (plus other regions) for many years & travelled to Sweden numbers of times a year.  My Svenska is very bad now because I don't get chance to practice & I will confess I do double check before I post.

But yes I've travelled a lot with my work & picked up a lot of little parts of languages,  collectively all a bit useless, but I enjoy using what I have & try to keep practicing.      

Posted on: 01 July 2018 by Christopher_M

Thank Peder. I like your enthusiasm. Have a great Summer too.

Best, Chris

Posted on: 01 July 2018 by Christopher_M

* Thank you Peder

Posted on: 01 July 2018 by Don Atkinson

I just typed "Vag och vattenbyggnadsverket" into Google.

Now, I thought that the Vag och Vattenbyggnadsverket was the Swedish highways authority that I worked for back in 1967 in Orebro. But since the fourth entry on the first page of Google was MY entry from a Forum article last year, I have my doubts as to whether I have accurately recalled the name of the highway authority.

We spent much of August that year preparing for Dagen H (again, I think that's what we called it) on 3rd September.

Happy days !

Posted on: 01 July 2018 by Fabio 1

Hej Peder,hur mar du?Nice to hear from you again.We discussed about an hi fi rack on the "Hifi corner",do you remember?Aren't you planning to come to Italy any more?Love your house in winter,that's real Sweden!Here in Milan we are having 33 C° today,it's very hot but it was not a long ago that temperature was really fine,say about 25/28.I wish you a beautiful summer to you too.Hej do.

Posted on: 01 July 2018 by Ardbeg10y

Peder, will you have a rotten fish party at end of summer? I remember my Swedish colleagues talking about that.

Posted on: 02 July 2018 by Peder
Ardbeg10y posted:

Peder, will you have a rotten fish party at end of summer? I remember my Swedish colleagues talking about that.

???? Ardbeg10y,...This I have to give you,and all of you who do not know what this is.... a little longer explanation of later ????????.
But yes, I eat it ????????.

/Peder ????

Posted on: 02 July 2018 by Tabby cat

Thanks for posting your pics Peder.Really nice looking house.Funny enough one of my oldest friends Kristina is Swedish  but has lived in the Uk for the last 25 years but she always goes home to her parents 3 times a year and they have a summers house on a lake and it looks pretty idylic.I must get over there one day.

Wishing you a very relaxing summer....love your emoji's btw.

Posted on: 03 July 2018 by Gianluigi Mazzorana

From this

to this

Have a good one Peder!

Posted on: 04 July 2018 by Peder

???? GIANLUIGI MAZZORANA,....Thanks ????????,.....but gets a little confused here ????. Thinking of your "nick-name",and the picture with a lot of snow.
Then I think that this must be from northern Italy,then look in your profile that you have a Peter Swain LP12....well then we are back in England again.

Anyway, nice pics....glad it's not just me who have a lot of snow in the winter.

/Peder ????

Posted on: 05 July 2018 by Gianluigi Mazzorana

Turntables travel sometimes

Posted on: 05 July 2018 by Peder
Gianluigi Mazzorana posted:

Turntables travel sometimes

????????????????....

/Peder???? 

Posted on: 24 July 2018 by Peder
Peder posted:
Ardbeg10y posted:

???? Ardbeg10y,...This I have to give you,and all of you who do not know what this is.... a little longer explanation of later ????????.
But yes, I eat it ????????.

/Peder ????

????NEVER,Never and NEVER,.What do I think of?

Well that ARDBEG10Y writes about,...ROTTEN FISH.!!

???? I would NEVER eat anything that smelled like that,..if someone offered it in any other country to me.But this requires a small explanation.....
? Sour herring, this dish is called.Surströmming in Swedish.
? Premiere third Thursday in August each year.

Sour herring is not ROTTEN fish,but it is a yeast fish.
To simply explain,a fish that is called herring you put into heavily salted water with different spices.
There it may be a few weeks in large barrels with lids and ferment,and then put into smaller cans to be sold,..Starting third Thursday in August.
There are 10 different producers in Sweden of this fish,and everyone has their secret recipe.

This sour herring should be eaten with......
? Almond Potatoes.
? Onions.
? Tomato.
? Flatbread.
? Beer.
And if you wish,a little "shot"...or as we say in Sweden "snapps" with Absolut Vodka.

Beer and "snapps" are optional,..Obviously.

This sour herring is eaten here in Sweden,..most in the northern parts of the country,from the premiere the third Thursday in August and some month ahead.
But it is sold in supermarkets all year round, even in many shops in southern Sweden.

Usually when you eat this sour herring so it is with friends in festive contexts,I personally find it difficult to eat it as a normal dinner.....even if I like it.

When it's premiere third Thursday in August each year,the newspapers are writing a lot about this....in all cases in the northern parts of Sweden.
Many famous people travel up to northern Sweden to eat this sour herring.

Every year I send some cans to an English friend living in London,so do you feel that it smells strange somewhere in London,..then you know who is responsible for the smell ????????????.
And yes,my English friend likes this sour herring.

Hope you were a little wiser of this explanation....

/Peder ????

Posted on: 25 July 2018 by Peder
Tabby cat posted:

Thanks for posting your pics Peder.Really nice looking house.Funny enough one of my oldest friends Kristina is Swedish  but has lived in the Uk for the last 25 years but she always goes home to her parents 3 times a year and they have a summers house on a lake and it looks pretty idylic.I must get over there one day.

????Wishing you a very relaxing summer....love your emoji's btw.

???? Tabby CAT,.....Clearly you have to go over to Sweden,and visit your friend Kristina in this summer house.
Do you know where in Sweden the summer house exists.?

The advantage of living in the northern part of Sweden is,..That you have seen the whole of Sweden.
Except when you are going to ski (slalom),then you go even further north,....otherwise you go most south.

Those who live in Stockholm and down,..Yes they have usually never been further north than to Uppsala ????.

????Wishing you a very relaxing summer....love your emoji's btw.

Thank you,..the same to you.

Peder???? 

Posted on: 25 July 2018 by Tabby cat

Hi Peder,

Thanks for your reply.

I spoke to Kristina and she says the summer house is in Halsingland  and her parents live in Fãrila if that means anything to you.

Out of interest have you visited the UK much over the years ?

Enjoy the Sun and some good music 

Posted on: 25 July 2018 by Peder

???? Hi again Tabby Cat,...

Right now I like that it is raining,after an incredibly warm and sunny day,it finally came a little rain.
I actually went out and put me in the rain,it was the nicest I experienced in a long time after this heat ????.
But tomorrow they have promised that it will be this year's hottest day here.....not so much fun anymore.

Yes, I have been in Hälsingland...will not remember if I passed Färila.
But I get a little worried when you say Färila,do not know if you know...but we have through all times,the largest forest fire right now in Sweden.

And just around Färila it burns too full in the forest,according to the map they showed in the news it is a bit left to Färila...but it burns like I said around.
We get help with firefighters,fireplane and fire-cars from many countries in Europe right now...that's a really serious situation.
Maybe you should check with Kristina how it goes for her parents.

I've only been to the UK twice,and then in the southern parts.
But Europe's other countries I have visited a lots of times,in many years I also drive motorcycle..a Honda Gold Wing if you know what it is.
It's a big touring motorcycle,so we were down on the continent several times a year.

From 1985 to 1997 I drove 300 000 km only in Europe,Sweden excluding...after that I stopped counting.
So I feel like I've been everywhere there,down on the continent ????.
The island of Jersey in the English Channel I liked,very beautiful places and nice population.

But as I said,...Färila,I am a bit worried about.

/Peder ????

Posted on: 26 July 2018 by Tabby cat

Thanks Peder,

When I asked Kristina she did mention the fires around her parents house.Sounds really bad,hope they can control it.Nice touring bike your Goldwing,it  must be incredibly comfortable to ride.Exploring a country by bike must be magic and must give you a great sense of freedom.

Wishing you a fine day

Cheers Ian   

Posted on: 30 July 2018 by Peder
Tabby cat posted:

Thanks Peder,

When I asked Kristina she did mention the fires around her parents house.Sounds really bad,hope they can control it.Nice touring bike your Goldwing,it  must be incredibly comfortable to ride.Exploring a country by bike must be magic and must give you a great sense of freedom.

Wishing you a fine day

Cheers Ian   

???? TABBY CAT, Ian,...It looks like the fire in Hälsingland and near Färila begins to be under control,a positive news for your friend Kristina.

Regarding the Gold Wing motorcycle,if I'm going to do some advertising ????. 

It is just as you describe,..it is not possible to compare with any other way to travel.
You are in the environment you are traveling in, you are experiencing things all the time when you drive....it is not possible to compare to travelling in a car.
In a car you sit and yearn to the goal of the trip, you do not on a Gold Wing....there it is the journey that is a big part of the experience.

Driving through the Mosel-valley in Germany, or over the Stelvio Pass (Europe's highest navigable) cannot be described...it must be experienced on a "bike".

Especially if you come from the south side of Italy,via Gustav O Thöni's (the skier's) birth village....and there begins to drive up in the mountain pass.
It's loud and steep,and you definitely get to have "the tongue right in the mouth".
Not uncommon that there is more than 2 m of snow on each side of the road, so you go as in a tunnel in some lots higher up.
With just two wheels you get to have "the tongue right in your mouth" ????......just that an experience in itself.

And as you say,you go incredibly comfortable, you do not feel like going 1000-1500 km in a day.....you are absolutely not tired of the body.
And you have music,..both in the helmet speakers and the external ones.
Intercom between the driver and the passenger,as well as the radio,so that you can talk to the other Gold Wing you travel with.

As you say,...it's magical to discover other countries from a bike.
An example explaining how it is....
On our first Europe tour with a Gold Wing in 1985,we would descend to southern Germany to visit a large Gold Wing meeting in Ketsch.

Ketsch is a small village outside Heidelberg, after this weekend we would go to Paris.
However,we met some new friends on this meeting so we ended up in the former Yugoslavia instead ????.

This gives you,just as you describe,.... "a great sense of freedom."

Sweden is part of GWEF = Gold Wing European Federation,..an interest-organization with 23 member States.
GWEF organises and coordinates activities in all these 23 Member States.....Various European tours, etc.
So if you are in any country, you can have a nice weekend among new friends before you drive further...where you drive,..Yes you may not know for yourself just then.....

Or a few years later when we were a few days in Monaco,..there we met a French Gold wing driver who said it was a great Gold Wing meeting in Spain.
We would later go to Italy,but then went to Spain instead..and got a great week with new friends.
A Spanish TV team recorded a program about this meeting,so we were also on Spanish TV with our Gold Wing (they sent the video to me from Spain).
It is this that is... "A great sense of freedom".

I hope somehow I managed to explain this "feeling" of driving Gold Wing....it's never too late to try ????????.

/Cheers, Peder ????