Concerts planned for 2019

Posted by: nickpeacock on 28 November 2018

Will this K-pop madness amongst the junior troops never end? So help me, I have purchased tickets for Day6 at O2 Forum, Kentish Town, for January 2019...

On the bright side, I'm also going to see Terry Riley and his son Gyan at the Union Chapel, London, in April - hurrah!

Posted on: 28 November 2018 by Richard Dane

Is anybody here planning to see Steely Dan at Wembley Arena in February?

Posted on: 28 November 2018 by Kevin-W

I've already got my tickets to see Bob Neil and Dylan Young in Hyde Park next summer...

Posted on: 28 November 2018 by DenisA
2019 Gigs taking shape (18 so far)...
Jan
Fran & Flora
black midi
Field Music
Feb
Neil Cowley
Steve Reich - London Sinfonietta
Yo La Tengo
Mar
This Is Not This Heat
Teeth Of The Sea
The Comet Is Coming
Oneohtrix Point Never
You Tell Me
Sharon Van Etten
Apr
TERRY RILEY + GYAN RILEY
UNKLE
Teleman
May
Nick Mason
Sept
Max Cooper
Nov
Big Big Train + Sweet Billy Pilgrim
Posted on: 29 November 2018 by nickpeacock

Wow [@mention:1566878603966915] - that is a comprehensive list!

(My mate is the live sound engineer for Teleman - I really must try and see them.)

Posted on: 29 November 2018 by DenisA
nickpeacock posted:

Wow [@mention:1566878603966915] - that is a comprehensive list!

(My mate is the live sound engineer for Teleman - I really must try and see them.)

Hi @NICKPEACOCK,

I've seen Teleman 3 times this year and the were excellent. The best show was at The Lightbox, a club 1 minute from Vauxhall station, fab sound system. My gig count has really been on the rise - 57 last year & 88 by this years end! There's so much great 'live' music about, if you know where to look.

I'm seeing them at EartH in Hackney if that's of interest - https://earthackney.co.uk/calendar/teleman 

Posted on: 29 November 2018 by Bert Schurink

So far North Sea Jazz Festival, Tord Gustavsen and the completion of my classical seasons. Much more to follow.

Posted on: 29 November 2018 by lyndon

Early days yet but got a few lined up

with the bands I like to see, quite often its a case of now or never

a lot of these bands are either retiring or dying, and the later tends to expediate the former

So far

Ozzy final tour and with the Priest

Metallica in the summer, never been to Twickenham

Lynyrd Skynyrd final uk tour

Download festival - this year is a good line up, including Slayer last ever UK show  and Tool - its easier to see Dodo's than to see Tool

Rammstein - trying to get tickets, as always ticketmaster were sold out of tickets before they went on sale, loads of tickets on tickmaster sister companies for 8x the price

and I love paying a £10 processing fee for each ticket

and love even more to pay a £10 delivery fee for an E ticket

lyndon

Posted on: 04 December 2018 by Geoff C

Jacob Collier, Bristol in Feb - will be the 3rd time - 1st at the Quincy Jones Tribute at RAH, then 2nd time in Bristol. Amazing young musician.

Sergio Mendes, Cheltenham Jazz Festival in May - Legendary older musician!

Posted on: 14 December 2018 by AndyP19

Just booked up to see Youn Sun Nah at the Centre Juliobona in Lillebonne France on 5th March. Having seen Stacey Kent a year or so ago that just leaves Cassandra Wilson on my list - tempting as I see she's playing Napa Valley in January.

Posted on: 14 December 2018 by Bert Schurink
AndyP19 posted:

Just booked up to see Youn Sun Nah at the Centre Juliobona in Lillebonne France on 5th March. Having seen Stacey Kent a year or so ago that just leaves Cassandra Wilson on my list - tempting as I see she's playing Napa Valley in January.

Hope to see her soon in my area, I would like a concert with her.

Posted on: 14 December 2018 by Proterra

So far Amy Macdonald atthe Hammersmith Apollo in London and Chris de Burgh at the Lowry

Posted on: 14 December 2018 by The Naim's Dave

Just booked for CHER next October at Manchester

Posted on: 14 December 2018 by IanG

A weekend of contrasting musical styles in early February with :

Richard Hawley, acoustic, at The Met in Bury (tiny venue)

followed by :

Ozzy at the Manchester Arena the following evening

Posted on: 14 December 2018 by Bart

Let's see . . . Mark Knopfler.  MAYBE The Stones here . . . it's a stadium show (bleh) and so I'll wait until I know the weather and if I'll be in town for sure.  It's a show that I would DEFINITELY NOT sit in the rain for!  My wish is that Norah Jones will be on the east coast of the US in 2019; I've really gotten hooked on her music and I want to hear her live!  And I'll take my wife to see Sir Paul (again) if he gets close; she's only seen him once.

Thinking about Nick Mason -- I need to read up on what the shows are like.

Posted on: 18 December 2018 by hungryhalibut

We are off to see Scott Hamilton at the Pizza Express in the first week in January, and Trygve Seim in Southampton in March. Then of course there are all the Wemsfest gigs around Emsworth, but as I’m helping rather than paying to go they sort of don’t count. 

Posted on: 29 December 2018 by nickpeacock

I see Cabaret Voltaire are playing in London at the end of March...sounds intriguing.

Posted on: 30 December 2018 by TK421

The Dead South at the Tramshed, Cardiff in February.

Art Garfunkel at St Davids Hall, Cardiff in April.

Elton John at Cardiff City Stadium in June.

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by Eoink

Mary Coughlan in April

Sweet Sorrows - June

Embrace and Hope & Social in June

Cropredy Festival in August

Steve Hackett in November

I’m not seriously thinking about the gig below, but will be interested to see the lineup.

https://www.bethelwoodscenter....odstock50anniversary

Posted on: 01 January 2019 by Johnell

Eagles at Wembley Stadium in June, guest is Sheryl Crow. 

Posted on: 01 January 2019 by Bart

There is a Frank Zappa tour coming up where some of the original Mothers are playing along with holograms of Frank playing.  I might have to check that out.

Posted on: 01 January 2019 by Clive B

Steve Hackett in November and Steve Hillage, hopefully in the south-west somewhere or, if he doesn't extend the tour, probably in London.

Posted on: 01 January 2019 by jsaudio

Would love to see Antonio Forcione but doesn’t seem to do any dates in the states.how is he in concert?  lots of dates in London.

Posted on: 01 January 2019 by Kevin-W
Bart posted:

Thinking about Nick Mason -- I need to read up on what the shows are like.

The shows are absolutely brilliant [@mention:6776267697733081] - I saw him three times last year and it's a show well worth catching. Tremendous fun!

Posted on: 01 January 2019 by Kevin-W
nickpeacock posted:

I see Cabaret Voltaire are playing in London at the end of March...sounds intriguing.

I saw that too, Nick, but it's at Village Underground, a venue I dislike almost as much as the 02.

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by Bert Schurink
Bert Schurink posted:

So far North Sea Jazz Festival, Tord Gustavsen and the completion of my classical seasons. Much more to follow.

Added Tord Gustavsen later this month and Star Wars with Live Orchester in mid January.