Pop Quizzz Mkii

Posted by: Rico on 27 October 2000

better than a MKii Ekos, it's : time to get yours on Pop Quizz, (MK ii).

It's friday, and we need some variety. Let's not get toooooo bogged down in detail (as long as we don't re-write history) and crack some quick-fire questions. Keep it moving! One new question set by supplier of right answer, number questions sequentially please, and use the number with your answer - that'll help us keep track. Here's two 80's questions to start with:

Q1.: Who did the art on the original editions of Speaking in Tongues by Talking Heads?

Q2.: Which fabulous blues legend who passed in a helicopter crash, played guitar on much of Bowie's hyper-commercial smash Let's Dance ?

Rico - musichead

Posted on: 10 November 2000 by Nigel Cavendish
Rico asked:
quote:
Which one-time Chillie Pepper, often slagged off by Beavis & Butthead, was recently replaced by a back-from-the-dead guitarist?

If said guitarists were/are still in the Chillies then did not Dave Navarro replace John Frusciante (who was then reported as dead) and did not John Frusciante then in turn replace Dave Navarro?

Or am I talking bollocks?

cheers

Nigel

Posted on: 12 November 2000 by Rico
10 points, Nigel. Over to you.

Rico - musichead

Posted on: 12 November 2000 by Nigel Cavendish
Who followed in her mother's footsteps by singing backing vocals on a Dave Gilmour album, also sang with Pink Floyd, has released four albums in her own right (but not as a box set - that's a bit of a clue) and recently sang with Deep Purple in concert with the LSO?

cheers

Nigel

Posted on: 14 November 2000 by Pete
Ooooh, that's easy, Sam Brown.

So, Q21... How many different ways (and we might as well ask what they are) is the title portrayed through images on the sleeve of Rush's jolly good "Moving Pictures" album?

Pete

Posted on: 23 November 2000 by Rico
"Oh oxford, stop stalling! Come on!"

As no answers on Q 20 and Q21 for well over a week: Pete, Cav - new questions please?

Rico - musichead

Posted on: 23 November 2000 by Pete
Q22 5 years ago Mr. Apollo was a "4 stone apology". What is he today?

(A21, btw, the removal men are physically moving pictures by carrying them. The pictures are moving the watching people to tears. On the rear cover this is shown to be a movie set, so they're making a moving picture. the inner sleeve has stop-motion multiple exposure shots of the band to give an indication of movement.)

Pete.

Posted on: 23 November 2000 by Nigel Cavendish
...and I don't.

Mr. Apollo was a Bonzo Dog track and Viv Stanshall is dead but that can't be it?

cheers

Nigel

Posted on: 24 November 2000 by Nigel Cavendish
This is for folkies but easy enough if you want to do some quick research:

The song "Ride On" is usually attributed to Christy Moore, but who wrote it?

cheers

Nigel

Posted on: 27 November 2000 by Pete
You're on the right line, Nigel. The outro lyric to "Mr Apollo" contains "5 years ago I was a 4 stone apology, today I am..." and all you have to do is fill in the gap. Is available with fairly obvious search terms through the web, I just checked.

Pete.

Posted on: 29 November 2000 by Nigel Cavendish
"Five years ago, I was a four stone apology
Today, I am two separate gorillas"

Took time but I have been busy and our system at work has been very cranky.

My q 23 stands but this thread is getting a bit tired perhaps?

cheers

Nigel