What Cars do people own?

Posted by: johno on 12 June 2002

It says in 2-3 peoples ids that they have an interest in cars too... Just wondering what people had and if any were of interest...

I have two at the moment..

Lancia Integrale Evo2 (modified)
Peogeut 205 GTi 1.6 (standard)

If I knew how to post images I would but eh..

John
Shore
Posted on: 17 June 2002 by Dr. Exotica
My daily driver is a '62 Lincoln Continental Convertible (aka a "Kennedy Lincoln"). The second is a '59 Austin Healey Sprite. I believe that it weighs all of 1300 lbs. wet and could probably fit in the trunk of my Lincoln (5250 lbs.). Unfortunately, the Healey is all torn appart at present. I need to rebuild the old A Series shortblock.

Erik
Posted on: 18 June 2002 by Willem van Gemert
My present car is a silver 1997 Saab 900 SE Turbo. Have only done 85.000 km, so I plan to keep it another five years. It's a great car for travelling, comfortable, lots of space in the boot and enough power to overtake at any moment and race uphill in the Ardennes. Handling in tight curves is not so good, but I've gotten used to it. The car came with full spec. One of the accessories which turned out very useful is the cruise control: everytime I'm in Holland on the A2 where they control your speed all the time, I just put the cruise control at the allowed speed and there's no problem. On longer journeys it's also very practical.
I saw some pictures of the new Saab 9-3. Incredible that they decided not to do a Hatchback version. I can't imagine many Saab 900 drivers going for a saloon version, they'll probably wait for the Estate/Break.

Ciao!

Willem

P.S. My previous car was a 1983 Opel Kadett. Was not so bad.
Posted on: 14 October 2003 by jason.g
My P&J is a japanese imported MITSUBISHI FTO GPX. It has a luvverly V6 2.0L engine and the smartest variable valve timing system called MIVEC which is better than the Honda v-tec system IMHO.It also has a super intelligent tiptronic gearbox. It won japanese car of the year 94 &95 and is very rare on the uk roads. I get head turns where ever i go.A stunning silver coupe on sale now in a padded cell forum near you. wife forgot to take pill-gutted!

what were barn owls called before barns were invented?
Posted on: 14 October 2003 by ErikL
Oh, yeah? Well I have a 1991 Honda Accord with only 128k, cracked windshield, rusted A-pipe and muffler, and leaky oil pan gasket. It also has a super slick 5-speed. I get head turns too- the exhaust is kinda loud. It's a stunning champagne coupe and I paid $1900 for it. Read it and weep, gearheads! Razz

Previously... 2000 Honda Accord, 1995 Honda Civic, 1991 3-door from that other "H" company.

Next... New Acura TSX, Acura RSX, or Honda Accord, or fix my car and drive it 10 more years (most likely).

Ludwig the VTEC
Posted on: 14 October 2003 by Martin D
Another co. car opt out scheme here....
New Audi A3 2.0Tdi bit too soon to tell till I can turn it up to 11, but so far - torque of the devil. 55+mpg ace hifi as well.
Martin
Posted on: 14 October 2003 by Don Atkinson
My list down 'memory lane'

1964-1967 Morris Minor
1967-1968 Singer Gazell
1968-1971 Land Rover (Sharjah-no roads)
1971-1973 Land Rover (Armour plated Salalah Oman)
1973-1978 Hillman Hunter Estate; first 'family' car
1974-2003 Piper Arrow PA 28; 4-Seat retractable, fuel injected; constant speed prop; (beats a bike)
1978-1980 Cortina
1980-1984 Range Rover
1984-1989 Mercedes 200
1989-1995 Mercedes 230E
1995- now Mercedes 420SE

OK mostly practical rather than posing, except the Range Rover. But it still went from A to B and back again, safely and reliably.

Cheers

Don
Posted on: 14 October 2003 by ken c
currently, Volvo S80 2.4. since june 2002.
prior to that, bmw 520i SE. initial change to volvo was a real "culture shock". very different drive. feels "loose". drive feedback not very apparent, so there is a little "disconnect" while driving.

however, i am getting used to it now, and i have come to enjoy its advantages. plenty of room at the back for my daughters double bass, through the boot. long distance drive OK. consumption so so. very stable -- manages to drive through deep puddles without losing it.

it will be interesting whether i decide to keep with volvo or go back to bmw next time i change...

enjoy...

ken
Posted on: 14 October 2003 by mykel
For family duties a Pontiac Grand-Am.
As my daily driver and general toy a highly modified Honda CRX-Si ( This one I do all my own wrenching - the modifications are more fun when done yourself )

http://crx.honda-perf.org/cgi-bin/profileget.pl?email=mcollins@occumedhealth.com

regards,

michael
Posted on: 14 October 2003 by matthewr
McClaren F1
Posted on: 14 October 2003 by jayd
Add me to the Saab stable - I currently own two, both 5-speed manual, non-turbo models:

1998 900S
1986 900

jay
Posted on: 15 October 2003 by Steve G
quote:
Originally posted by Stevie Dempster:
Porsche 944 2.7 Lux. Presently lusting after 928 S4's - feel the need for V8 throb, if not the big fuel bills. Sanity will probably prevail and I'll land a black 968 sport instead :-)

Still looking then?

quote:

Dev, yes definitely up for a spot of karting. Been a few times myself. Buckmore Park is a damn fine circuit - 1.2km outdoor jobby and 75mph karts!

Last time I did karting one of my opponents (almost typed "victims" there) ended up with broken ribs....

Regards
Steve
Posted on: 15 October 2003 by Hammerhead
quote:
Still looking then?

No. Finally landed a red 968 Lux in March. Upped the budget and got a mint one with 55k on the clock and FPSH. Go's very nicely indeed but is inclined to be a wan*er magnet which pees me off somewhat.
Wiltshire police took a nice picture of it recently as well...

Cheers,

Steve
Posted on: 15 October 2003 by domfjbrown
quote:
Originally posted by Don Atkinson:
1967-1968 Singer Gazell

What ever happened to Singer? My dad had their early hatchback model (believe it was one of the first of the type) when I was small (1980-ish) but the underseal hadn't been done properly and the poor thing was rusting from the bottom up...

I have lots of cars, but they're all small model cheapo ones (I'm physically unable to drive). I DO have a Lego Mk3 Capri that I built myself though...

My "car" is a Specialized Hardrock - much better in rush hour traffic Wink Not so good in the wet...

What would have followed if you had.

Posted on: 15 October 2003 by NB
I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee for normal day to day driving and then I have a Toyota Supra for the weekend driving.

I get plenty of comfort and luxury with the jeep and plenty of excitement with the Supra.

Regards

Nb
quote:
Originally posted by domfjbrown:
My "car" is a Specialized Hardrock - much better in rush hour traffic Wink Not so good in the wet...

Just bought a Specialized Epic myself, although I don't expect it to see much road work.

Regards
Steve
Posted on: 15 October 2003 by Mekon
How's that working out for you? The idea is interesting, but not having ridden one, I wonder how it feels. I love my Marin, but I can get the reasons why people liked things like the old GT RTS. It seems like this is locked until you take a sufficiently big hit. Is that right?
quote:
Originally posted by Mekon:
How's that working out for you? The idea is interesting, but not having ridden one, I wonder how it feels. I love my Marin, but I can get the reasons why people liked things like the old GT RTS. It seems like this is locked until you take a sufficiently big hit. Is that right?

Ask me in a couple of weeks as I only picked the bike up about 2 hours ago...

I test rode one last weekend and it was quite impressive. It's got a lockout fork and the rear does feel like a hardtail when climbing.

Regards
Steve
Posted on: 15 October 2003 by BLT
I have a "slightly" modified Citroen ZX;

SHELL Full multi-point weld-in cage by R &D
Motordrive Pro-Hybrid kevlar/carbon seats
TRS 6 point 3" aircraft harnesses
Electric plumbed-in extinguisher - AFFF
2 Handheld extinguishers
Alloy internal fuel & brake lines
Vertical hydraulic handbrake
Roof Spoiler
All non-critical fasteners by alloy pro-bolts
Seam welded shell
Custom engine mounting points
Strengthened front crossmember
Reinforced strut tops
Helmet hammock
Carbon fibre spare wheel holder
Internally mounted ECU
Aircraft wiring loom with Mil spec connectors
Critical circuits have aircraft circuit breakers
Dash mounted fuse box with "glow" fuses
AP adjustable bias valve
Webcon gear-shift light
Carbon dash panels
Terratrip 404 Trip Meter
Terraphone Intercom
Alloy sump guard
Plastic Tank Guard
Lamp pod & Corner lights
Full replica ZX Kit Car body Panels in Fibreglass
Lightened Rear hatch
Lightened Bonnet
4mm Polycarbonate side & Rear windows with sliders
Lightened Doors

ENGINE 306 Version 1 Kit Car Engine by Ravic (230bhp)
GP A Cams
Vernier wheels
Works Maxi induction system
Carbon Fibre Airbox
Works Maxi exhaust manifold
ARS Engineering exhaust with Jetex silencer
Polyurethane Engine mount bushes.
Fabricated upper LHS engine mount
GEMS modified Bosch ECU
Green injectors
Lightened flywheel
Lug-drive clutch
Custom Loom, with Raychem sleeving
19-row Oil cooler with thermostat
Silicon coolant hoses
Mocal FR232 Fuel & oil hoses
Twin Electric Fans with manual override
Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
Billet Fuel Filter

TRANSMISSION PTS 6-speed Dog Box
4.75 ZF LSD (90%)
Reverse lockout cable
Rosejointed gear linkage
Gearchange bellcrank mounted on gearbox
Billet Cr-Mo-Van inner drive shafts

BRAKES HI-SPEC RACING 4-POT Fronts, 300mm Vented Discs
Std Rear with Grooved & crossdrilled discs
Ferodo DS3000 Pads (Front)
Mintex M1155 Pads (Rear)
ARS Engineering bias pedal box
Goodridge flexible hoses
Castrol SRF Synthetic Brake Fluid

SUSPENSION Proflex 2-way adjustable Dampers all round
& STEERING Adjustable front platforms
Tarmac and Forest front springs
Group A front anti-roll bar
Uprated rear anti-roll bar
PTS uprated rear torsion bars
Gp A rear Beam alloy mounts
Gp A fabricated front wishbones
Fixed castor, adjustable camber
Electric power steering

WHEELS/ 6.0 +6.5" X 15 Raceline 7 spoke Alloys
7 X 17 Speedline Wheels

I also have a Mitsubishi L200 that I use to tow the above and a Honda Civic Type R.
Posted on: 15 October 2003 by NB
Nice one BLT!

Whats your BHP?

Regards

nb
Posted on: 15 October 2003 by Rick Weldon
just a 206 gti, however our shop cars are BMW m coupe and a new Noble 12 thingy
Posted on: 15 October 2003 by Kevin-W
I have a lime green Lamborghini Miura P400, the most beautiful car ever made.

Sadly it is only a Corgi model. I don't actually drive. But if I did, and could afford it, that would be my car.

Kevin
Posted on: 15 October 2003 by Don Atkinson
What ever happened to Singer?

Singer Gazell; Singer Vogue.....

I think they were swallowed into the Roots/Chrysler group and then some French outfit.....but i'm not really sure. Any helpers?

Cheers

Don
My new transportation:

Although mine is no longer as clean as that as I've given it it's first night ride up in the Pentlands. Climbs like a hardtail, descents like a full-suss - tremendous.

Regards
Steve
Posted on: 15 October 2003 by Geofiz
Mine is a somewhat antiquish (mid 70's) Legnano road bike that still is used for about 30km+ per day weather permiting.
Posted on: 15 October 2003 by Steve Toy
quote:
I have been threatened with divorce if I ever buy a Motorcycle and seeing as I cannot even boil an egg, I shall stick with Mrs Mick.

I take it you have either learnt to boil an egg, or Mrs Mick has relented...

Regards,

Steve.