What Cars do people own?

Posted by: johno on 12 June 2002

It says in 2-3 peoples ids that they have an interest in cars too... Just wondering what people had and if any were of interest...

I have two at the moment..

Lancia Integrale Evo2 (modified)
Peogeut 205 GTi 1.6 (standard)

If I knew how to post images I would but eh..

John
Shore
Posted on: 06 November 2003 by Stephen Bennett
quote:
Originally posted by BLT:
Stephen, I'm impressed - 1958 Austin seven (Mini) - you managed to get one before they were launched in 1959!

Whoops! I got my birthyear and first car year mixed up!

Cool

It was of course a '59

I've just ordered a Toyota Mr-2 - and Alan, I've sold my X1/9.

Confused

Stephen
Posted on: 09 November 2003 by rch
Hi all,

currently car:
Audi A3

Regards
Christian
Posted on: 18 November 2003 by dani
my current car:
BMW E36 323TI Compact

my car in 3 days:
BMW E46 325I Touring Top Sport Edition

Dani
Posted on: 18 November 2003 by Fisbey
Rover 214 - 1993 - excellent!

Best 'car' owned - Honda CBR600FX....
Posted on: 18 November 2003 by JohanR
quote:
I've just ordered a Toyota Mr-2 - and Alan, I've sold my X1/9.

So, Stephen, it became a MR2 in the end.

Me?

- Toy MR2. Fun, no roof and attracts the girls.
- Honda Civic type R. Must think of keeping you britts in the auto making business.

I work for Volvo and have done so for 15 years. But never had one...

JohanR
Posted on: 18 November 2003 by Martin R
At the moment: a 5 weeks old Volvo XC 90 D5 Diesel in black ... an absolutely great car (well done, Johan)

Before ?

2001 Mercedes Benz C 220 CDI Sports-Coupe Evo.
1998 Mercedes Benz C 220 CDI Sedan
1993 Mercedes Benz 190 D
1989 Renault 19 GTR
1986 Renault 11 GTD
1980 Fiat 127 L/45 hp
1978 Fiat 127 L/50 hp
Posted on: 19 November 2003 by Martin Hull
Having taken voluntary redundancy and handed back my Passat 2 weeks ago my car is now a 1972 MG Midget 1275cc.

It gives off a fair bit of dirty-white smoke under hard acceleration until the engine is warm. Once warm though it doesn't seem to be smokey at all. Can anyone who knows something about engines suggest the possible cause of this problem.

Other than that its a joy. A kind of back to basics motoring experience.

Cheers,
Martin
Posted on: 19 November 2003 by Bruce Woodhouse
White smoke usually=oil. May be worn piston rings etc but a fair few other causes. Watch your oil consumption-if excessive it may need fettling.

Bruce
Posted on: 19 November 2003 by JohanR
quote:
At the moment: a 5 weeks old Volvo XC 90 D5 Diesel in black ... an absolutely great car (well done, Johan)

Thank you for paying my salary this month, Martin. It will be used to something good, like Naim HiFi Smile

JohanR
Posted on: 19 November 2003 by Bruce Woodhouse
Has anyone spied a new S40 yet Johan? I might consider as my 'sensible car' next year, especially if they bring out an estate/hatch version.

Bruce (never looked at a Volvo in his life before)
Posted on: 23 November 2003 by Jonathan Hales
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dani:
my current car:
BMW E36 323TI Compact

my car in 3 days:
BMW E46 325I Touring Top Sport Edition

Dani, I have the Ci version with Motorsport body and suspension, its also unusual for New Zealand being manual. My advice is to get it chipped as soon as you have got used to it.

Superchips do a reprogramme rather than a chip change so its painless and makes a big difference in torque, general driveability and even sound. Its well worth doing and will get you that much closer to 330 performance at a fraction of the cost.

No downside in wear etc, just dont tell the dealer who wont know even when they hook it up to the computer.

Its just a new code for the ECU and overides the standard Seimens spec that is written for average motorists who dont service their car on time.

Well worth doing.
Posted on: 24 November 2003 by Stephen Bennett
quote:
Originally posted by JohanR:

So, Stephen, it became a MR2 in the end.

JohanR

Yes. The Smart Roadster was not really finished - I'm looking forward to the MK II as the handling was great. The MX-5 too dull. The MR-2 is a nice comprise, though not as immediate as the Fiat.

Delivery Dec 24th! I think they are making one specially for me.

Smile

Regards

Stephen (Who is going to be in Sweden for Santa Lucia)
Posted on: 24 November 2003 by Markus S
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Woodhouse:
Has anyone spied a new S40 yet Johan? I might consider as my 'sensible car' next year, especially if they bring out an estate/hatch version.

The estate will be called the V50; it'll be a little bigger than the S40 and is scheduled for late 2004, I believe.
Posted on: 24 November 2003 by JohanR
quote:
Stephen (Who is going to be in Sweden for Santa Lucia)

Watch out for the drunk natives roaming the streets!

JohanR
Posted on: 24 November 2003 by JohanR
quote:

Haven't driven it yet, so I can't tell anything. But it can only be better than the outgoing model...

JohanR
Posted on: 24 November 2003 by Hammerhead
Might be going back to the blue and white propeller in the form of a 325ti Compact (need something a bit more discreet/practical than the 968, unfortunately). Had a look at a few over the weekend alongside the Cooper S. The 'S' looked very gimmicky in comparison.

Anyone want my 968?

Steve
Posted on: 24 November 2003 by Dev B
This year I switched from BMWs to a Mercedes E240. Very different experience, less involving to drive but kinda suits my lifestyle better. It is mega refined though and really easy to drive.
Posted on: 24 November 2003 by BLT
Picture of my pride & despair;
Posted on: 24 November 2003 by Stephen Bennett
quote:
Originally posted by Stevie Dempster:

Anyone want my 968?

Steve

You fickle man. drive 'em and dump 'em, eh?

Cool

Stephen
Posted on: 24 November 2003 by Hammerhead
Stephen

You betcha!

Steve Wink