Mazda RX8

Posted by: NB on 14 November 2003

I am thinking of selling my Toyota Supra and buying the new Mazda RX8.

Has anyone had the pleasure of driving one yet? and are they as good looking as the new advert suggests?

Regards

NB
Posted on: 20 November 2003 by NB
Quote:-

88,000 miles over 48 months, 3 payment in advance. The balance of 47 rentals commences 1 month after delivery
Includes : Road Fund Licence:

Sounds pretty good to me!

Regards

NB
Posted on: 23 November 2003 by Not For Me
Top Gear 23/11/03

Clarkson: 'Best Car I have driven this year'

Hmmm! Is this a good or bad thing ?

DS

OTD - Harthouse Chapter 8
Posted on: 23 November 2003 by MichaelC
quote:
Originally posted by NB:
What car did you own?

Regards

NB

NB

It was a Celica GT4

Mike
Posted on: 06 December 2003 by Not For Me
I had a sit and fiddle about in one today with the Wife, got management approval, going for a test drive on Thursday.

DS

ITV - Various Artists - K7! retrospective
Posted on: 06 December 2003 by Not For Me
Nick /Tom

Very Smile

I will get the car transporter to drop them off outide!

I don't think it will be very easy to fiddle with one's The Wife or significant other, because of the low slung seats and high transmission tunnel, but there you are.

DS

ITC - Ilsa Gold - UP!
Posted on: 08 December 2003 by Not For Me
Alan

Faarngh Faarngh

(if that's how to spell it?)

DS

OTD - TG - After cease to exist soundtrack
Posted on: 12 December 2003 by Not For Me
Very pleasant test drive, am now looking to order one with the extra bits. (Just one)

DS

ITC - Phillip Glass - Nygaturrua (or something like that)
Posted on: 15 December 2003 by Rockingdoc
Before you buy a Mazda, I suggest you try a Mitsubishi Evo VIII FQ300. Smile I bought one and certainly have not wanted to bother looking at Hi-Fi forums for the past year.

malcolm
Posted on: 16 December 2003 by NB
David,

did you test drive anyting else or was it just the Mazda?

I am also considering the new Nissan 350 and will be arranging a test drive in the new year.

The Nissan has it on looks and performance!

Regards

NB
Posted on: 16 December 2003 by Rockingdoc
My obsessively researched and tested short-list was;
Honda S2000
Audi TT 225
Nissan 350Z
Mazda RX8
Subaru Imprezza STi
Mitsubishi Evo VIII FQ300

Bought the Evo because in reality having a bit of space is handy. Oh yes, and it makes the others semm like they're standing still as they dwindle in the rear view mirror.

It depends whether you want a car that looks like a sports car, or one that drives like a sports car.

malcolm

p.s for a strict 2 seater I'd take the new 2004 S2000 if garaged (leaky top) or the Nissan if kept outside.

[This message was edited by Rockingdoc on TUESDAY 16 December 2003 at 12:05.]

[This message was edited by Rockingdoc on TUESDAY 16 December 2003 at 12:07.]
Posted on: 16 December 2003 by Dave J
quote:
Subaru Imprezza STi
Mitsubishi Evo VIII FQ300

Bought the Evo because in reality having a bit of space is handy. Oh yes, and it makes the others semm like they're standing still as they dwindle in the rear view mirror.

Like you, I short-listed the Evo VIII and Sti and I found the Prodrive'd Sti at least as quick - the other's, I'd agree, are an order of magnitude slower. It was a close call but I decided on the Subaru because I couldn't put up with the ridiculously short (and expensive) service intervals every 4,500 miles and, OK I admit it, the wonderful sound from the boxer engine. The Evo sounded like a lethal food processor in comparison.

Dave
Posted on: 16 December 2003 by Not For Me
NB,

I liked the idea of the Nissan, but it is out because it only has two seats. likewise TT, likewise Crossfire, (and that is pig ugly as well)

I am not interested in having a rally car, so Mitsubishi / Subaru etc. weren't in it.

DS

ITC - Anthony Rother - Life is Love is Live
Posted on: 17 December 2003 by NB
David,

I had a look at the crossfire and sat in the drivers seat, problem was I couldn't move it was just far too small for me.

It looked good though.

Like you I don't fancy the Subaru or the Mitsubishi, they remind me of Tonka toys. Its a shame Toyota have stopped producing the Supra, now that was a real sportscar!

Regards

NB
Posted on: 17 December 2003 by BLT
"Golf chassis" - I think that may be it's downfall.
Posted on: 18 December 2003 by BLT
Alex, you forget, the back ends of cars are now supposed to look like arses! Renault have based a whole advertising campaign on this.
Posted on: 19 December 2003 by Not For Me
Renault = J-Lo
Mazda = Kylie

DS