Nice Photos.

Posted by: u5227470736789439 on 27 February 2008

Most of us have taken one or two nice photos.

Here is my candidate as being almost quite good. In fact it is two painstakingly joined.

Taken up in the mountain at Skurdalsvatn in 2000.

Though this one takien in Warsaw in November 2006 is not bad:

I know there are several good photgraphers here, and it would be nice to see some of you best efforts if you feel inclined to share!

George
Posted on: 02 December 2018 by rodwsmith

Fremantle.

I'm think Varini's yellow line installation went down better here than in Carcassonne...

Posted on: 02 December 2018 by Mr Fjeld

EmptyName 127

Posted on: 03 December 2018 by Haim Ronen
Mr Fjeld posted:

EmptyName 127

A family portrait?

My D810 and the used Nikkor 300 f/4 AF-S (non VR) which I purchased recently used are visiting the Nikon lab for a re-calibration (hopefully only for that). The 300mm cannot produce any sharp images when focused at long distances, regardless to if I use the AF or do it manually. A 43 years old AI lens outperforms it by a large margin. They insisted on  seeing the camera as well but since I do not encounter any similar problem with my other lenses I am guessing that it  must be the glass.

Posted on: 03 December 2018 by Mr Fjeld
Haim Ronen posted:
Mr Fjeld posted:

EmptyName 127

A family portrait?

My D810 and the used Nikkor 300 f/4 AF-S (non VR) which I purchased recently used are visiting the Nikon lab for a re-calibration (hopefully only for that). The 300mm cannot produce any sharp images when focused at long distances, regardless to if I use the AF or do it manually. A 43 years old AI lens outperforms it by a large margin. They insisted on  seeing the camera as well but since I do not encounter any similar problem with my other lenses I am guessing that it  must be the glass.

That’s a good suggestion for a title Haim

I hope you get your photo equipment back soon!

Posted on: 04 December 2018 by pete T15

Argegno on Lake Como . Motorcycle trip last year. 

Posted on: 04 December 2018 by rodwsmith

Barossa Valley

Posted on: 05 December 2018 by Mr Fjeld

"Not for hoodies"

Grieghallen - a national concert hall for classic music.

EmptyName 24

Posted on: 08 December 2018 by rodwsmith

Dongsi West St, Beijing.

Posted on: 08 December 2018 by Mr Fjeld

A cabin by the lake EmptyName 130

Posted on: 08 December 2018 by Haim Ronen

Afternoon Divide

Afternoon's divide

Lens & camera back home.

Posted on: 09 December 2018 by Mr Fjeld
Haim Ronen posted:

Afternoon Divide

Afternoon's divide

Lens & camera back home.

Good to see you got your camera back Haim! Your post made made me wonder about if my camera was in need of calibration. Until now I thought it may have been due to a slightly failing eyesight of my right eye. Apparently it's not... I've checked it by live view and it's particularly noticeable with large apertures.

I only hope it doesn't have to be sent to the factory.

Posted on: 09 December 2018 by Haim Ronen
Mr Fjeld posted:
Haim Ronen posted:

Afternoon Divide

Lens & camera back home.

Good to see you got your camera back Haim! Your post made made me wonder about if my camera was in need of calibration. Until now I thought it may have been due to a slightly failing eyesight of my right eye. Apparently it's not... I've checked it by live view and it's particularly noticeable with large apertures.

I only hope it doesn't have to be sent to the factory.

Thanks, Fjeld. The lab adjusted (if needed) the front body alignment of the 810, the focus accuracy, the synchronization and the auto white balance on top of cleaning the sensor and updating the firmware. They maintained that nothing was wrong with the 300mm lens and just cleaned it. So farI cannot tell the difference but I feel a little better that things have been thoroughly checked. Do you have an authorized lab around you or does the camera have to be sent to the factory? The Nikon lab is 50 km from our house so shipping was not involved and I got a chance to speak personally to the technicians and ask all the questions I had. Good like with yours.

Haim

Posted on: 10 December 2018 by rodwsmith

Freezing and Chilly! It's the Forbidden City!

Posted on: 11 December 2018 by Fabio 1

Piazza Ducale,Vigevano(Pv)._DSC1313 2

Posted on: 11 December 2018 by ynwa250505

Taken by my wife on her IPhone 6 through a seaplane window ...

Posted on: 11 December 2018 by ynwa250505

Alpine lake in the Selkirk Mountains, near Golden, BC, Canada.

Posted on: 13 December 2018 by rodwsmith

Drum Tower

Posted on: 14 December 2018 by count.d

mo

Still can't make my mind up about the 'oil painting' filter I applied at the end. Still, it's a bit of fun for my Christmas card.

Posted on: 16 December 2018 by GraemeH

Forest

Getting our Christmas tree this morning.

G

Posted on: 16 December 2018 by Mr Fjeld

I see you put that Leica Q to good use Graeme  A nice photo!

Posted on: 16 December 2018 by GraemeH
Mr Fjeld posted:

I see you put that Leica Q to good use Graeme  A nice photo!

Thank you Mr Fjeld.

G

Posted on: 16 December 2018 by Mr Fjeld

Light

Posted on: 18 December 2018 by Dozey

Nicely exposed.

Posted on: 18 December 2018 by Mr Fjeld

Thanks Dozey - much appreciated 

Posted on: 20 December 2018 by GraemeH

MktSt

Edinburgh Night

G