RasPi 3B - Noob Guide

Posted by: Obsydian on 20 November 2018

If i wanted to setup to Raspberry Pi to use Bubble to stream Tidal to my Naim streamer, what else do I need and how do i configure.

I understand the Raspberry Pi is a good solution, but do i need a bare bones version or one with a DAC built in.

Posted on: 30 November 2018 by Obsydian
dknk posted:
Obsydian posted:

Thanks DKNK - i will try that later, as for now i unplugged the keyboard, mouse and TV.

Sadly i realized, well forgot gapless playback does not work (yes i checked it in the Bubble settings) 

I think you mentioned that you had a Nova? I have a lowly Mu-so and I can transcode to wav and stream gapless from Tidal to it no problem via the BubbleUpnp app on Android. You have created an OpenHome device for the Nova in the Bubble server Media Renderer settings and checked gapless?

Yes did that, I will double check.

Posted on: 01 December 2018 by Obsydian

Script works.

But all settings correct but no gapless ????

Posted on: 01 December 2018 by Guinnless

Gapless works on my ND5XS.  Does your Nova do gapless via the Naim App?

As in controlling bubble via the Naim app, yes for media local on my phone, but I cannot see Tidal through the Naim app (UNPnP).

And gapless is fine on the Nova just using Tidal without Bubble.

Seems bubbleupnp does NOT stream gapless to the newer Naim streamers (Nova, Star, Atom - don’t know about ND555), only older naim equipment. 

Makes total sense 2????

Posted on: 02 December 2018 by Simon-in-Suffolk

The newer Naim streaming architectures (including ND555) don’t currently support gapless in some modes where the media is pushed, the legacy products have no such issue. Naim are aware of this shortcomg and are, I understand, working on a fix.

Posted on: 02 December 2018 by garyi

Is there any reason not to simply use Volumio, lovely to install does gapless in my experience, taps into various online music streaming services etc etc, not sure of the point of bubble in this context.

Posted on: 02 December 2018 by Obsydian

Thanks SIMON and GARYI.

Shame Naim missing this basic function.

GARYI will look into that, to be honest all new to me.

SIMON, got me thinking of this with his thread earlier in the year, so based on that i also signed upto Qobuz Hi res service, much better than Tidal, but drama for me is Qobuz has no Android Auto or Car Play integration, with Tidal at least I have a seemless car, home, mobile setup.

Qobuz Hi res is better, but it got me hankering over the SR power cable again, which to me was like a 10 fold improvement than going native streaming vs Qobuz via Bubble.

I have ordered an Ifi smps for the PI.