Concerts planned for 2018.

Posted by: dave marshall on 09 February 2018

I couldn't find a current thread for this, so, thought I'd start a new one, mainly 'cos it's a good way of bringing to folk's attention, tours

which they might otherwise have missed.

So, Eric Bibb is kicking off a short UK tour in April, and I've captured tickets for an intimate local gig ............ woohoo!  

Posted on: 09 February 2018 by TK421

The White Buffalo in Bristol on 20th April (just happens to be my birthday).  I'm going with my best butty. 

Haven't informed SWMBO yet, waiting for the right moment!

Posted on: 09 February 2018 by TOBYJUG

Just looking at the line up for Love Supreme jazz festival 2018 with a piqued interest.   Mavis Staples,  Parliament Funkadelic, Elvis Costello, Steve Winwood.  James Taylor Quartet.  Earth, Wind and Fire.  wowza

Posted on: 10 February 2018 by Bob the Builder

Paul Weller is kicking off his UK tour at the Brighton Centre next Saturday night. I realise Weller is a bit marmite but he is a great live performer IMO and I'm looking forward to it very much.

Posted on: 10 February 2018 by MDS

Only one booked so far is to see Nerina Pallot again in April. I never get bored with seeing her live. 

Posted on: 10 February 2018 by DenisA
Feb
This Is Not This Heat - Café OTO (tonight)
North Sea Radio Orchestra - Oxford
Nils Frahm - Brighton
Nils Frahm - Barbican
Lee Ranaldo - Hoxton
Mar
Tonochrome - Sebright Arms
Steven Wilson - Lille
The Necks - Café OTO
Steven Wilson - Birmingham
Rae Morris - Brighton
Steven Wilson - RAH
Steven Wilson - RAH
May
Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith - Barbican
ExEye - Milton Court
Robyn Hitchcock - Cambridge
Palm - Corsica Studios
Field Music - Barbican
July
EppyFest 7 - Cheltenham
Posted on: 10 February 2018 by MDS

Crikey! You've got a busy few months, Denis.  

Posted on: 10 February 2018 by Clive B

OK, I'm planning ahead here, but yesterday I booked tickets to see Julia Fordham with Beverley Craven and Judie Tzuke on the tour they're calling Woman to Woman. It's in November!

Posted on: 10 February 2018 by Dougie Danger

April

The Waterboys. Cambridge Corn Exchange.

Beth Hart. Cambridge Corn Exchange.

Posted on: 10 February 2018 by Dazlin

Tonight

Sam Baker

Posted on: 11 February 2018 by DenisA
MDS posted:

Crikey! You've got a busy few months, Denis.  

Yeah, just booked - Let's Eat Grandma for 8 Mar as well  

Posted on: 15 February 2018 by Mike1951

Documentary "Walking In The Opposite Direction" with performance of songs by "The Sound" with Carlo van Putten on vocals, members of "The Convent" and - well - me on drums.

Osterholz/Scharmbeck near Bremen. April 18th.

Posted on: 16 February 2018 by Dave Smart

A beautiful day at Eden project to see Levellers, New Model Army, Dreadzone and Reef, thats in June then August is Cropredy Festival.

Broughton Dempsey in Hinckley tonight, Kevin Dempsey is one of the finest folky jazzy guitarists you will ever hear.

Posted on: 16 February 2018 by Wiltshireman

Very def seeing Antonio Forcione this year with Sarah Jane Morris. Saw him last year as well and come to think of it many times over the years but whose counting whatever the combination he's always stunning! 

Posted on: 16 February 2018 by seakayaker

This weekend......

Sunday Night - Regina Carter: Ella -Accentuate the Positive & Bill Frisell & Thomas Morgan (Portland, OR)

Monday Night - Bill Frisell & Thomas Morgan (Seattle, WA)

Posted on: 16 February 2018 by Eoink

Celestial Fire (spinoff from Christian celtic prog band Iona) next week in Bradford.

Snake Davis on sax in Halifax beginning of March

Dave Bainbridge and Sally Minnear - Bradford end of March (Bugger, just realised I'd double booked this date with the St Matthew Passion in York, time to book another Passion)

Paul Heaton/Jacqui Abbott supported by Elvis Costello - Manchester July

Cropredy Festival August

Posted on: 16 February 2018 by Mike1951

To hear that Elvis Costello is reduced to supporting the likes of Heaton is probably the most depressing music news I've heard this year...

Posted on: 16 February 2018 by Kevin-W

Some of the things I've got booked: Imarhan, Julius Eastman, Roger Waters, Sun Ra Arkestra, Thurston Moore, Pretty Things, Terry Riley, Anthony VBraxton, The Blasters, Bugge Westeltoft, and of course, lots of Rachel "Ukebitch" Darcy, Peter Parker's Rock & Roll Club and Ese & The Vooduu People....

Posted on: 16 February 2018 by Charles44
Mike1951 posted:

To hear that Elvis Costello is reduced to supporting the likes of Heaton is probably the most depressing music news I've heard this year...

Couldn't agree more, surely this is incorrect and the billing is the other way around.

Posted on: 20 February 2018 by nickpeacock

Transglobal Underground with Natacha Atlas - Under The Bridge, London - in May. Yay!

Posted on: 21 February 2018 by Pev

Boxer Rebellion; Calexico, Handsome Family, Eric Bibb, Gary Lucas, and Rich Hall's Hoedown (actually very good musically!).

Hopefully plenty more to come...

Posted on: 27 February 2018 by count.d

That's me in the pit for the Rolling Stones. Always like to stay away from the riffraff.

Posted on: 27 February 2018 by u77033103172058601

A trip to the Bolshoi, admittedly a ballet, but I will watch with eyes closed and listen to the music. And a few days later the Mariinsky theatre and a Saint-Saens opera. Both within the next couple of months. Let's see how good concert halls sound in Russia.

Posted on: 27 February 2018 by nickpeacock

Natalie Prass at Bush Hall, London in April.

Posted on: 27 February 2018 by dave marshall

The Strolling Bones at Old Trafford in June ............. woohoo!

Posted on: 27 February 2018 by Steeve

March to May always seems to be of the busiest for gigs. After not much so far this year I've got the following coming up:

01/03 Kali Uchis - Electric Brixton

05/03 Muncie Girls, Peaness - The Black Heart, Camden

20/3 Spinning Coin, Chorusgirl - The Victoria, Dalton

24/03 Martha - Moth Club, Hackney

20-21/04 Cologne Popfest http://colognepopfest.blogspot.co.uk/p/line-up.html

01/05 Angel Olsen - Union Chapel, Islington

05-06/05 Handmade Festival, Leicester http://www.handmadefestival.co.uk/