Bitcoin

Posted by: Kevin Richardson on 06 August 2017

I'm selling all my material possessions, equities and bonds. So... I'll be back in 5 years once I have my Statement system up and running. Until then, thanks for all the good advice.

Posted on: 18 December 2017 by Kevin Richardson
Christopher_M posted:
Kevin Richardson posted:
....     Saving humanity from bankers seems like a pretty worthwhile activity.

Not in my name.

What?

Posted on: 18 December 2017 by winkyincanada

FLO! It's a rocket ship! What will be next! Wealth for all!

LSK! Go you good thing! What could possibly go wrong?

With the amount of wealth being created by crypto, pretty soon we will all be able to retire. No-one will have to work at all! Hooray!

winkyincanada posted:

With the amount of wealth being created by crypto, pretty soon we will all be able to retire. No-one will have to work at all! Hooray!

If you invested $36,000 into LTC on December 18, 2016, you'd now have over $3,000,000 USD in additional wealth. Maybe not enough to retire but plenty for most people to not have to worry about $ anymore.

Of course you had to actually make the investment.

Many who took the risk are now financially independent as a result.

Some people can see the future; others are stuck in the past. 

winkyincanada posted:

If you spent your time researching coins you would have discovered that Ripple is a coin that likely would have met your investment requirements. A "real" company with a "real" product. They have real clients using their system for interbank money transfers. You missed out on a real 300% ROI since this thread started.

I will never invest in Ripple since it is "the bankers" blockchain. However, I have little doubt it will continue to grow its market cap as they onboard new clients.

winkyincanada posted:

Lisk opens blockchain development to the JavaScript community. If you believe blockchain has a future then LSK is something worth investigating.

Real companies will use LSK to build their own blockchain applications. The companies will need LSK coins to make their programs work.

Another player in this space is Stratis. STRAT allows organizations to leverage C#/.Net skills to create private/public blockchain applications.

Posted on: 19 December 2017 by Hmack
Kevin Richardson posted:
winkyincanada posted:

If you invested $36,000 into LTC on December 18, 2016, you'd now have over $3,000,000 USD in additional wealth. Maybe not enough to retire but plenty for most people to not have to worry about $ anymore.

Of course you had to actually make the investment.

Many who took the risk are now financially independent as a result.

Some people can see the future; others are stuck in the past. 

But someone (very many someones) will lose out in the end.  

The someones who lose out are very much more likely to be those who cannot afford the loss, and end up losing life changing amounts of money, than those who are savvy enough to get out in time and bank their considerable winnings. It's always the same. 

Posted on: 19 December 2017 by DrMark

Sh*t...$3,000,000 should be enough on which to retire. I know I will have to do it on FAR less.

Posted on: 19 December 2017 by winkyincanada
Kevin Richardson posted:
winkyincanada posted:

Lisk opens blockchain development to the JavaScript community. If you believe blockchain has a future then LSK is something worth investigating.

Real companies will use LSK to build their own blockchain applications. The companies will need LSK coins to make their programs work.

Another player in this space is Stratis. STRAT allows organizations to leverage C#/.Net skills to create private/public blockchain applications.

Owning LSK crypto is not the same as owning a share of the company, or of the Lisk technology is it?

Kevin Richardson posted:
winkyincanada posted:

If you invested $36,000 into LTC on December 18, 2016, you'd now have over $3,000,000 USD in additional wealth.

I know, right! It's awesome!

Kevin Richardson posted:
winkyincanada posted:

If you spent your time researching coins you would have discovered that Ripple is a coin that likely would have met your investment requirements. A "real" company with a "real" product. They have real clients using their system for interbank money transfers. You missed out on a real 300% ROI since this thread started.

I will never invest in Ripple since it is "the bankers" blockchain. However, I have little doubt it will continue to grow its market cap as they onboard new clients.

Is owning the currency the same as owning the interbank system? If I hold USD, does it mean I share in the profits of Mastercard?

Posted on: 19 December 2017 by Hmack
winkyincanada posted:
Kevin Richardson posted:
winkyincanada posted:

If you invested $36,000 into LTC on December 18, 2016, you'd now have over $3,000,000 USD in additional wealth.

Isn't it just! 

Now, should I invest $36,000 dollars into LTC today and expect to have $3,000,000 in additional wealth at this date in December, 2018?

I don't think so! I would be willing to bet a fairly large sum on the return over the next year being an awful lot less than this. Additional wealth greater than $1.00? Now that's a much tougher call! 

Hmack posted:
winkyincanada posted:
Kevin Richardson posted:
winkyincanada posted:

Isn't it just! 

Now, should I invest $36,000 dollars into LTC today and expect to have $3,000,000 in additional wealth at this date in December, 2018?

I don't think so! I would be willing to bet a fairly large sum on the return over the next year being an awful lot less than this. Additional wealth greater than $1.00? Now that's a much tougher call! 

The added benefit is that the wealth is created without effort, and there are no losers!

REP! It's an express elevator to riches! All aboard!

And now it's LBC rising so steeply it can only keep going. Everything's turning up roses!

Posted on: 19 December 2017 by Bob the Builder
Kevin Richardson posted:
!

Not enough to retire on we truly are in La La land.  If you cannot make three million dollars work enough for you to retire on then you really should take a long hard look at yourself.

Posted on: 19 December 2017 by Kevin Richardson
Hmack posted:
winkyincanada posted:
Kevin Richardson posted:
winkyincanada posted:

Isn't it just! 

Probably will not see that large % gain y/y for LTC. However there are some coins that you could buy now that will have similar results in the next few years.

winkyincanada posted:
Kevin Richardson posted:
winkyincanada posted:

Is owning the currency the same as owning the interbank system? If I hold USD, does it mean I share in the profits of Mastercard?

Yes owning XRP is like owning part of the system/company.

winkyincanada posted:
Kevin Richardson posted:
winkyincanada posted:

Owning LSK crypto is not the same as owning a share of the company, or of the Lisk technology is it?

Yes owning LSK is the same as owning a share of the blockchain technology.

Posted on: 19 December 2017 by DrMark

“Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Consult your prospectus for details”

winkyincanada posted:
Hmack posted:
winkyincanada posted:
Kevin Richardson posted:
winkyincanada posted:

Isn't it just! 

The added benefit is that the wealth is created without effort, and there are no losers!

Are you married? If so then I am sure you understand the amount of effort it would have taken to convince your spouse to spend $36,000 on LTC in 2016.

If you want to be a successful investor then you need to apply significant effort. Cryptocurrency is particularly time consuming as the asset class is new and complicated.

There will be many "losers" in cryptocurrency. There are currently > 1,300 coins\tokens actively traded on exchanges. How many of them will deliver their claimed utility and thus remain relevant in the next 10 years? Probably only a small %. If you do your research and understand the value proposition of various coins then you have a good chance of profiting in the long term.

Posted on: 20 December 2017 by winkyincanada
Kevin Richardson posted:

Are you married? If so then I am sure you understand the amount of effort it would have taken to convince your spouse to spend $36,000 on LTC in 2016.

Wrong way 'round. The amount of effort my wife would have had to expend to convince me to buy $36,000 worth of LTC in 2016 is considerable, to say the least.

Posted on: 20 December 2017 by Kevin Richardson

Bitcoin is in a bit of a "free fall" in USD price. Hovering just above $16,000 down nearly $3,500 from its ATH. This is offset by massive appreciation of the Bitcoin Cash (BCH) fork coin which is up 145% in past week to $3,937.

For LTC holders.... Charlie Lee tweeted that he has liquidated/donated his entire LTC position. I suppose his dumping 500,000(?) LTC onto GDAX is partially responsible for today's drop to $313. [Just speculating]

Posted on: 21 December 2017 by winkyincanada
Kevin Richardson posted:

Bitcoin is in a bit of a "free fall" in USD price. Hovering just above $16,000 down nearly $3,500 from its ATH. This is offset by massive appreciation of the Bitcoin Cash (BCH) fork coin which is up 145% in past week to $3,937.

For LTC holders.... Charlie Lee tweeted that he has liquidated/donated his entire LTC position. I suppose his dumping 500,000(?) LTC onto GDAX is partially responsible for today's drop to $313. [Just speculating]

BTC @ $14,000

BCH @ $2,640