Bitcoin

Posted by: Kevin Richardson on 06 August 2017

I'm selling all my material possessions, equities and bonds. So... I'll be back in 5 years once I have my Statement system up and running. Until then, thanks for all the good advice.

Posted on: 08 January 2018 by winkyincanada

Go STRAT!!! It's an express elevator to private jets and exclusive islands!

Posted on: 08 January 2018 by Kevin Richardson
winkyincanada posted:

I hope you're invested in some of these coins.

Posted on: 11 January 2018 by Peter Dinh

Looks like BTC and related stocks take a bashing today when the news from the South Korean government came out.

Posted on: 11 January 2018 by winkyincanada
Kevin Richardson posted:
winkyincanada posted:

I hope you're invested in some of these coins.

Not likely.

Posted on: 11 January 2018 by Simon-in-Suffolk
Peter Dinh posted:

Looks like BTC and related stocks take a bashing today when the news from the South Korean government came out.

A little, but politics are evolving in SK, and of course since many of the recent rumours reported by the western media about SK and crypto currency have been declared ‘fake news’ by the authorities there has been a modest rise over night, however many Cryptos generally have been correcting and in a downward path as part of their regular cycles for a few weeks now. It’s only Ethereum from the main Cryptos that has been pushing it’s all time highs.

Posted on: 13 January 2018 by Kevin Richardson

NEO trading at $135. Price prediction for EOY 2018: $395 - $700.

Posted on: 16 January 2018 by winkyincanada

Bit of a bloodbath in the markets this morning.

Posted on: 16 January 2018 by Jan-Erik Nordoen

Cannabis stocks bouncing nicely though

Posted on: 16 January 2018 by Simon-in-Suffolk

Yep... best leave it for a few weeks, in recent years this time of year has always been a blood bath... the smart ones are buying the dips

Simon-in-Suffolk posted:

Yep... best leave it for a few weeks, in recent years this time of year has always been a blood bath... the smart ones are buying the dips

Buying in the dips is only half-smart. The really-smart are also selling at the peaks.

Kevin Richardson posted:
winkyincanada posted:

With the amount of wealth being created by crypto, pretty soon we will all be able to retire. No-one will have to work at all! Hooray!

If you invested $36,000 into LTC on December 18, 2016, you'd now have over $3,000,000 USD in additional wealth. Maybe not enough to retire but plenty for most people to not have to worry about $ anymore.

Of course you had to actually make the investment.

Many who took the risk are now financially independent as a result.

Some people can see the future; others are stuck in the past. 

And if you invested $36,000 into LTC on December 18th 2017, you'd have less than half of it left.

Most crypto way down, and volumes rapidly swelling. A rush for the door? Who has the courage to wait it out? This might be the trough I was waiting for.....or not.

There looked to be some support at $10,000 for BTC, but not sure what happens now that is breached.

Posted on: 16 January 2018 by Simon-in-Suffolk

This happens annually, almost at exactly the same dates... I would stick it out unless you want to day trade... look at the stats there is lot crypto changing hands right now... I think this is healthy... this is why it is not really a bubble, it corrects annually... but of course this year there is a lot of new money because of media interest and crypto has become fashionable...I suspect a lot of these people who have only ever seen growing values in the last three months are panicking and selling and the seasoned Crypto investors are mopping up... so I suggest you hold and leave it for several weeks

Simon-in-Suffolk posted:

This happens annually, almost at exactly the same dates... I would stick it out unless you want to day trade... look at the stats there is lot crypto changing hands right now... I think this is healthy... this is why it is not really a bubble, it corrects annually... but of course this year there is a lot of new money because of media interest and crypto has become fashionable...I suspect a lot of these people who have only ever seen growing values in the last three months are panicking and selling and the seasoned Crypto investors are mopping up... so I suggest you hold and leave it for several weeks

"Corrects" is an interesting term. Any idea of what the seasonality is caused by? If it is just because that's what everyone else thinks is going to happen, then it a classic example of a bubble.

I saw an article about some early-adopter silicon valley "crypto-bros" this week. They have a pact that the only thing they are permitted to buy with their gains is a Lamborghini.

Posted on: 16 January 2018 by Kevin Richardson
winkyincanada posted:
Simon-in-Suffolk posted:

"Corrects" is an interesting term. Any idea of what the seasonality is caused by? If it is just because that's what everyone else thinks is going to happen, then it a classic example of a bubble.

I saw an article about some early-adopter silicon valley "crypto-bros" this week. They have a pact that the only thing they are permitted to buy with their gains is a Lamborghini.

Funny but I googled "orange Lamborghini Huracan" and within an hour the market started crashing. ???????????????????? 

winkyincanada posted:
Simon-in-Suffolk posted:

Could be tax harvesting every January. 

winkyincanada posted:
Kevin Richardson posted:
winkyincanada posted:

With the amount of wealth being created by crypto, pretty soon we will all be able to retire. No-one will have to work at all! Hooray!

If you invested $36,000 into LTC on December 18, 2016, you'd now have over $3,000,000 USD in additional wealth. Maybe not enough to retire but plenty for most people to not have to worry about $ anymore.

Of course you had to actually make the investment.

Many who took the risk are now financially independent as a result.

Some people can see the future; others are stuck in the past. 

And if you invested $36,000 into LTC on December 18th 2017, you'd have less than half of it left.

And the December 2016 investor still has 1.7 million USD. Give it another year.

Kevin Richardson posted:

And the December 2016 investor still has 1.7 million USD.

Only if they sell it.

Posted on: 17 January 2018 by TOBYJUG

Buy,Buy or Bye,Bye ??

Posted on: 17 January 2018 by Peter Dinh

Buy now

Posted on: 17 January 2018 by kuma

Did you?

Posted on: 17 January 2018 by Simon-in-Suffolk

Yes!

Posted on: 17 January 2018 by Kevin Richardson
winkyincanada posted:
Kevin Richardson posted:

Only if they sell it.

Then the 2017 investor only has the loss if she sells it.

Posted on: 17 January 2018 by winkyincanada
Kevin Richardson posted:
winkyincanada posted:
Kevin Richardson posted:

Only if they sell it.

Then the 2017 investor only has the loss if she sells it.

That's one way to look at it, I guess. But the USD they bought the crypto with aren't all coming back, whether sold or not.