How long until we see high end HDX?

Posted by: Merto on 27 September 2008

The consensus seems to be that the current HDX is at or around the level of a CDX2. When do you think we might see a 555 competitor? Is it even possible or will the technology mean that the voicing will inevitably move in a different direction?

Also, how likely is it that when (if) such a machine is released, we will be able to continue to connect it to existing power supplies such as XPS2 or 555PS?

I would not consider another CDP purchase now but am not ready to move to an HDX until it is at least on a par with my CDS3. I am considering adding a 555PS to my CDP but would be more convinced if I knew it would be compatible with a future HDX type player.

All supposition and guesswork I know but I would be interested in opinions?
Posted on: 05 October 2008 by Merto
quote:
Originally posted by Adam Meredith:
quote:
Originally posted by Merto:
... "have fully developed products awaiting release at a more commercially advantageous time".

.... you need a market leading product but at the same time you may want to preserve your own product hierarchy.

Your personal marketing strategy is not that of Naim.

Im not sure how you would know that since I have not mentioned my personal marketing strategy.
Posted on: 05 October 2008 by Erik
quote:
Originally posted by pylod:
quote:
Come and visit Sweden

hi erik...where in sweden do you live ?...do you own a hdx ?

p

I live far up in the northern part of Sweden. I don't have a HDX yet but maybe in the future if I get eager and can't wait for the "HDS". I have heard the HDX enough to be sure about the dead of CD-players.
For now I have to stick to vinyl and radio.
JanÅ has a DS but is open minded to look at Naim and he has visited me even if we live 1500km apart.

/Erik
Posted on: 07 October 2008 by JanÅ
Open minded for sure!
I care about the music, not the brand name.
During the years I also owned (back then top of the line) naim pre/stereo power amps.

I can tell you that Eriks CD555/PS555 sound incredible in his lovely naim system!!!!
Despite not even being fully burned in/adjusted at the time.

Top Naim and top Linn systems are VERY similar in performance. Different ways reaching the goal, but the goal is same!

EDIT spelling