Music you can't stand and hearing it puts you in a bad mood :(

Posted by: Tabby cat on 20 August 2018

One Genre which always doe's it for me is Skat Jazz - God I lothe it with a passion.Sometimes on Radio 3 on Saturday at 5 pm they have the Jazz programme.I enjoy the show but the moment they play some Skat I turn it off instantly.A couple of weeks ago I was listening to a old Garage House Mix Cassette tape and was enjoying it until some Skat was mixed over the track.I just ejected the tape and threw it in the bin.....argh Skat I hate it.If I went to Hell that would be my definition having to listen to Skat for an eternity.

Always enjoy normal Jazz though - although there is a huge amount that I haven't yet.

Posted on: 29 August 2018 by Ghettoyout

I just get a feeling that's the way it will go.

Posted on: 29 August 2018 by Kevin-W
Ghettoyout posted:

Although I've never heard any of her music, I'm sure Eva Cassidy would make me vomit within seconds.

I have heard it, and yes, it is vomit-inducing, lachrymose dreck.

Posted on: 29 August 2018 by Peder
Kevin-W posted:
Ghettoyout posted:

Although I've never heard any of her music, I'm sure Eva Cassidy would make me vomit within seconds.

???? Kevin-W,Ghettoyout,....Interesting how different we are.!!

I have Rock'n'Roll in my roots,but some of Eva Cassidy's songs played through the Audion Silver Night 300B Single End monoblock makes me "Go Bananas"....in other words,amazingly good.

/Peder ????

Posted on: 29 August 2018 by Innocent Bystander
Peder posted:
Kevin-W posted:
Ghettoyout posted:

???? Kevin-W,Ghettoyout,....Interesting how different we are.!!

I have Rock'n'Roll in my roots,but some of Eva Cassidy's songs played through the Audion Silver Night 300B Single End monoblock makes me "Go Bananas"....in other words,amazingly good.

/Peder ????

Yes, I’ve noticed how some people’s tastes are diametrically opposed to mine, on this and the favourites thread!

Maybe it explains different equipment likes as well...

Posted on: 29 August 2018 by Quad 33

Pretty much anybody that has been on Jules f...ing Hollands Hootenanny for the last decade, please make it stop....

Posted on: 29 August 2018 by T38.45

Genesis and Phil Collins, Michael Jackson, Metallica, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith ????

Posted on: 29 August 2018 by Adrian_P

Third page and nobody has mentioned Bob Dylan? Some great songs, just not sung by Dylan, please. And when the bleedin' harmonica comes in, give me strength...

Posted on: 30 August 2018 by bill-a-bong

Anything that Ken Bruce (Radio 2) describes as 'album of the week'. Seemingly applicable to any artist who has survived since the seventies or eighties, despite not making particularly good music even then. Oh, and anything by Robbie Williams.

Posted on: 30 August 2018 by Smithfire

Annie Lennox. Thst is all.

Posted on: 30 August 2018 by Kiwi cat

Lovin’ You- Minnie Riperton

Close to you- Carpenters

Have you ever been Mellow-Olivia Newton F’n John

Anything by Maddy Prior- Steeleye Span

Courtney Pine- Free form jazz

Screeching Sopranos singing tuneless obscure classical shit

Posted on: 31 August 2018 by Peakman

All music that compels car drivers to roll down their windows and turn the volume up to maximum when they’re passing our garden.  Oh, and anything that results in screaches from the Dungeon Dimensions leaking from headphones worn by passengers on public transport.

Roger