ND555 Impressions

Posted by: Bert Schurink on 26 July 2018

The Beast will arrive and will be installed tomorrow morning in my system. So I thought it was a good moment to open up a thread with the fist experiences, also giving others the possibility to share their first impressions with the beast.

I feeel a bit like a little child who has his birthday tomorrow. I assume that even while it will be nice weather during the weekend that I will be a spending a lot of hours with my system.

And as expected my car will not arrive before the ND555.

Posted on: 26 July 2018 by james n

Enjoy Bert (you lucky B....) 

Posted on: 26 July 2018 by Peder

???? Do not forget to change your profile ????.

An exciting weekend for you...congratulations.!!

/Peder ????

Posted on: 26 July 2018 by yeti42

You beat me to it, mine won’t be installed until Saturday afternoon. Thunderstorms are promised tonight so the 555ps I’ve been warming up for two weeks will have to get cold again just before it’s needed, not to mention the rest of the system.

Posted on: 26 July 2018 by Simon-in-Suffolk

Probably this should be in its rightful home of the streaming forum... but look forward to your updates.. perhaps Richard could move over?

Posted on: 26 July 2018 by wenger2015

Congratulations  on your purchase, really looking forward to hearing your thoughts once it’s up and running...... happy days as they say....enjoy 

Posted on: 26 July 2018 by Emre

Looking forward to hear your impressions about it....

and enjoy it 

Posted on: 27 July 2018 by Chag...

Could this mean that you will be first on the continent? ????

Music line or parallel import?.. ????

Chag -

Posted on: 27 July 2018 by Bert Schurink
Chag... posted:

Chag -

I don’t think so, but perhaps the first one on the forum who is writing about it....the stack was in at my dealer yesterday see picture...

one of those machines is mine :-)

Posted on: 27 July 2018 by hifi-dog

Nice 

Chag... posted:

Chag -

Ps My dealer get’s as far as I know things through Music Line, but I belief with some other customers we created a significant pre-order....

Posted on: 27 July 2018 by Richieroo

My dealer in Manchester has one ....... for demo but the analogue out has a fault! Unit trips out and reboots - when analogue out is selected......... Bert make sure you systematically test all the input/outputs. Otherwise I can't wait ..... to see what your feedback is............do you still have your NDS to compare???

WOW the beast has arrived. And immediately from the start without warm up I am in a different league. First what you notice is how much more relaxed it is to listen to the player. Incredible micro detail, you have the feeling you hear everything which is somewhere available on the recording. Tonality is even more natural. Soundstage improved a lot. And the key better PRAT, I belief that this will also easily convince now CD555 owners to make the switch to streaming. Interested to see what happens in the next days....

Listening to my usual start up. And even if I would have an amputated foot, it would still tap.....

Posted on: 27 July 2018 by Gazza

At the Naim demo the music was unfamiliar and difficult for

me to follow. Then they put a high Res track from Pink Floyd, it sent a shiver down my spine and my jaw dropped.......and that was it the demo was over. Do yourself a favour and try a high res file.

I am really happy it sounds so good straight out of the box, enjoy.????

Posted on: 27 July 2018 by Yetizone

Congrats on the new purchase Bert - enjoy!

Posted on: 27 July 2018 by Mr Underhill
Bert Schurink posted:

First what you notice is how much more relaxed it is to listen to the player.

Congrats Bert,

I think this is the key aspect of better digital replay; the musical tension is there, together with the dynamics & detail, but a certain tension in the listener is gone. This was the first thing I noticed about the 555 in the demo I had.

M

Posted on: 27 July 2018 by wenger2015

And to think it’s not even warmed up yet.....I’m assuming you have a very big smile on your face ......

Posted on: 27 July 2018 by Iver van de Zand

wow, really eager to hear more of your experiences Bert

With rock and blues much more authority. It immediately connects to your spine.

Posted on: 27 July 2018 by Obsydian

Hi Bert, love following your posts, even on holiday on the beach I was waiting your post in anticipation.

Seems a game changer, look forward to hearing more from you.

Very interesting to keep hearing the word tension, seems Naim have once again pushed the boundaries.

I think you will single handily increase ND555 sales and debt ????

Has your NDS gone, or is it still around to A B A

Obsydian posted:

Hi Bert, love following your posts, even on holiday on the beach I was waiting your post in anticipation.

Very interesting to keep hearing the word tension, seems Naim have once again pushed the boundaries.

It is indeed a game changer. When you hear music on this machine you immediately have the feeling to dance or sing along. Now singing is in my case not a good idea, and I am even a bad dancer....., but what I mean this device brings you to the center of the music. 

The NDS is already gone. But I don’t need it to confirm the difference as it so far ahead of the NDS. While I definitely will come to my dealer if their is a A-B comparison as it’s nicer to hear the difference with real comparisons.

Posted on: 27 July 2018 by Gazza

Now we know why Naim made sure you got this Xmas present early, we all want one.....

Posted on: 27 July 2018 by Obsydian
Bert Schurink posted:
Obsydian posted:

It is indeed a game changer. When you hear music on this machine you immediately have the feeling to dance or sing along. Now singing is in my case not a good idea, and I am even a bad dancer....., but what I mean this device brings you to the center of the music. 

The NDS is already gone. But I don’t need it to confirm the difference as it so far ahead of the NDS. While I definitely will come to my dealer if their is a A-B comparison as it’s nicer to hear the difference with real comparisons.

Bert, I think your NDS comment is awesome, you know an upgrade it HUGE when the A B A is blown away as not required.

Sadly you have allot of NDS owners feeling itching now ???? and others much further down the chain like me drooling ????

Posted on: 27 July 2018 by Richieroo

Wow ..... I am well impressed by my NDS ......... I will definitely have a good listen at the dealers when they get their ND555 fixed......... Bert sounds like this is an epic upgrade..........keep your observations coming as your beauty beds in.......... 

Posted on: 27 July 2018 by mattl

May I ask which Manchester dealer you're referring to?