What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested? (Vol. XV)

Posted by: Richard Dane on 31 December 2018

On the eve of a new year, it's time for a new thread. 

Last year's thread can be found here:

https://forums.naimaudio.com/t...e-interested-vol-xiv

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by nigelb

The Barr Brothers - The Barr Brothers

Never thought this would be my kind on thing, but it is, big time.

Belter.

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by Tony2011

Untitled

1973 - UK first pressing...

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by nigelb

Cara Dillon - Wanderer

Just lovely!

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by Bob the Builder
dave marshall posted:

Massive Attack v Mad Professor - No Protection.

Mad Professor works his deep dub magic on Massive's "No Protection" album ............ and its a winner.

Great reworking of a fantastic record one of the very few occasions when a debut follow up is as good or better than the debut. Horace Andy's live version of The Door's - Light my Fire is very, very good.

The Mad Professor is also capable of turning out some fantastic Lovers Rock on his own Ariwa label, Sandra Cross, Kofi, John MaClean and Johnny Clarke amongst many others have all made some fantastic records with the Mad Professor.

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by Bob the Builder

R-9220498-1488207205-4062.png

One of the few records that sounds much better than you remember and can be played and enjoyed in it's entirety from begining to end a fantastic debut.

Sonically very, very good as well an excellent pressing I didn't own the original single vinyl LP only the CD but this 2xLP reissue sounds fantastic.

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by MDS

Some classic Bowie. Never a bad time to give this a spin.

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by DrMark

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by Tabby cat
Bob the Builder posted:
dave marshall posted:

Massive Attack v Mad Professor - No Protection.

Mad Professor works his deep dub magic on Massive's "No Protection" album ............ and its a winner.

Great reworking of a fantastic record one of the very few occasions when a debut follow up is as good or better than the debut. Horace Andy's live version of The Door's - Light my Fire is very, very good.

The Mad Professor is also capable of turning out some fantastic Lovers Rock on his own Ariwa label, Sandra Cross, Kofi, John MaClean and Johnny Clarke amongst many others have all made some fantastic records with the Mad Professor.

Thanks Bob,

Reading your thoughts on Massive Attack v Mad Professor has made me get some Mad Professor off the rack.Glad I did.Have got the Ariwa Dub me Crazy parts 1 -6 - My Technics SL1210  is digging deep with the basslines and Focals moving some air.

Wishing you a good 2019

Cheers Ian 

https://cps-static.rovicorp.com/3/JPG_500/MI0002/017/MI0002017669.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by dave marshall

Sly & Robbie - Dub Sessions 1978 - 1985.

If you like that, you'll love this ............. Sly and Robbie do dub bass & drums as only they can. 

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by Bert Schurink

Interesting album, while every now and then the explorations seem to go off to far....

A highlight in the catalogue of this trio, silent nordic Tradition a la Tord Gustavsen, while an own sound...

Ignored them after the initial two albums as they drifted off, this album however is a return to old form...

A nice Spanish rhythmic base for the trio, recommended trio have their other album from 2017...

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by Nagual

Revisiting old faves with the 555 ????

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by dave marshall

Sound Iration - In Dub.

Heavyweight UK 80's dub ................ a long time, late night, wind down, favourite of mine.

Nighty night.  

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by French Rooster
Mike-B posted:
TK421 posted:

In the early hours of this morning I stumbled across and watched the last 30 minutes of Jeff Beck: Still on the Run, showing on BBC 4. 

I was rather intrigued and as a result have now listened to:

Emotion & Commotion

Loud Hailer

I will watch the entire programme via iplayer this afternoon.

Yes,  interesting program.   

Have a listen to the 1975 album 'Blow by Blow',   its all instrumental, more jazzy than blues/rock,  my go-too Jeff Beck album.

hey Mike, blow by blow is one of my favorite album, with “ wired “ too.   I have the japan 75 pressing and us 75 pressing.  The dsd from hd tracks is fabulous too, very near the lp.

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by HamiltonNZ

Etherwood - In Stillness 

26 degrees and sunny today, so only the best liquid DnB required.

Cheers

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by DrMark

One of the most underrated guitarists ever, and one of the most tragic wastes of a talent and life ever...

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by Richard Morris

A rare Ornette record in more ways than one - no alto -  (tenor and trumpet only). Duets with Charlie Haden.

Posted on: 03 January 2019 by Dan Steel

Playing this fine album again.

Double vinyl released 2007 - Great harmonies, inspired lyrics, plenty of Canadian geographical mentions, all contribute to Dustbowl Revival’s distinction as a top-notch album. ????

Posted on: 03 January 2019 by Bryce Curdy

Anthology: Through The Years

Not played this for a couple of years but thoroughly enjoying.

Posted on: 03 January 2019 by Clive B

Richie Cole and Hank Crawford Quintet - Bossa International

Featuring Emily Remler on guitar. Great album.

Posted on: 03 January 2019 by Clive B

Posted on: 03 January 2019 by Tabby cat

Playing on Cassette on Maxell UL - S C90  - Great acoustic round up from Jack White ......take this over Ed Sheeran anyday.

http://spillmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Jack-White.jpg

Posted on: 03 January 2019 by Dan Steel
Tabby cat posted:

Playing on Cassette on Maxell UL - S C90  - Great acoustic round up from Jack White ......take this over Ed Sheeran anyday.

http://spillmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Jack-White.jpg

Take anything over Ed Sheerag any day. ????