Nice Photos.

Posted by: u5227470736789439 on 27 February 2008

Most of us have taken one or two nice photos.

Here is my candidate as being almost quite good. In fact it is two painstakingly joined.

Taken up in the mountain at Skurdalsvatn in 2000.

Though this one takien in Warsaw in November 2006 is not bad:

I know there are several good photgraphers here, and it would be nice to see some of you best efforts if you feel inclined to share!

George
Posted on: 28 May 2008 by anderson.council

Quinag, Assynt region NW Scotland 2006-07-25
Posted on: 28 May 2008 by anderson.council

Suilven, Assynt region, NW Scotland 2006-07-25
On the way back to our camp site after Quinag. Colours on both a bit washed out due to very hot hazy conditions.
Posted on: 12 June 2008 by Cymbiosis
Fantastic mountain pictures gentlemen Smile

Of course there's nothing like that in my neck of the woods but I get by with the rolling hills of Northamptonshire........ Brixworth, home of Ilmor, now Mercedes F1 engines amongst other things.......

I took the picture while on the old Northampton to Market Harborough railway line, now part of the National Cycle Network.
Posted on: 12 June 2008 by Steve S1
Feeding time, had to be quick - no time to cancel the damn auto flash fill-in, hence the reflections but I love watching these guys at this time.

Posted on: 12 June 2008 by arf005
Seeing as we're on the subject of birds - this one was shot at KL Bird Park on a very hot and humid day.....

Nikon D70s and my new purchase - the 105 2.8 VR Micro lens, and I'm very happy with it to say the least!!

Posted on: 12 June 2008 by BigH47
A Mackerel sunset about a week ago.Taken with Sallys (Mrs) new Panny TZ3.

Posted on: 12 June 2008 by count.d
I like your effort Derek. You've found character in an image and I'm impressed.

My criticisms are that the car is too central and the buildings are leaning over to the left. I also think it would look better if it was shot a little later with more mood.

Great effort though.
Posted on: 12 June 2008 by Derek Wright
Count.D
Blush - thanks

from your own neck of the woods as well <g>

If I shot it a bit later the car may well have splashed me.

I took several shots with different cars but did not let the car get close enough to the camera. This shot did get the best headlight reflections straddling the stone bollards.
Posted on: 12 June 2008 by count.d
Just played with this a little. What do you think if the car was shot a bit later? The reflections from the shop windows would have come through to balance the image nicely. Just a thought.
Posted on: 12 June 2008 by winkyincanada

My girlfriend's race whippet, Anakin. And his sister, Padme. (Just testing my photo posting skills)
Posted on: 13 June 2008 by Derek Wright
Count.d

Yes - an improvement - I actually have pictures with the rain really boiling off the road surface that increase the dramatic atmosphere all the more. However the car is to far to the rear - I will have to have a play.

Using your Coloseum panorama from a few years back as an in inspiration I created a partial one - I did not take sufficient pictures in the lower quarters of the view. However I got a complete single level one for Siena Compo - which is suitable for consenting adults only - ie not public show.
Posted on: 13 June 2008 by count.d
Hi Derek,

The rough example I did with yours was just to show what it could have looked like if the car had been shot a split second later. Obviously the reflections from the two windows look false. However, if you had other shots (taken on a tripod so the camera postion remains exactly the same) you could taken the window reflections from those and add it to this one.

It might also have looked better with the car just entering from the left with the rain lashing down on the road to the right.
Posted on: 13 June 2008 by Derek Wright
Something very similar to this one

Posted on: 13 June 2008 by Lontano
quote:
Originally posted by winkyincanada:
My girlfriend's race whippet, Anakin. And his sister, Padme. (Just testing my photo posting skills)

Great picture Winky. What equipment did you shoot it with?

Adrian
Posted on: 13 June 2008 by Frank Abela
Say hello to Phoebe, on a visit while her parents were on holiday...

OK, I admit, this is a deep crop of the original, hence the grain.
Posted on: 13 June 2008 by arf005
Here's some other four legged creatures, this time from Singapore Zoo.....

All shot with the same body (D70s) but with Nikon's 70-300 VR lens.....

Oh, and another one for a laugh!!

Cheers,
Ali
Posted on: 13 June 2008 by winkyincanada
quote:
Originally posted by Lontano:
quote:
Originally posted by winkyincanada:

Great picture Winky. What equipment did you shoot it with?

Adrian

Thanks,

D300 and a 80-200mm F2.8 AFS Nikkor. ISO cranked right up (1600?) to allow both high shutter speed (1/1250) and decent DOF. Pre-set focus then pan and shoot at whatever FPS the D300 will do. The auto-focus can't keep up at all. It's a bit of a lottery, but sometimes you get them just right. Those little suckers are fast!
Posted on: 13 June 2008 by Geoff P
A rich mans swimming pool

Posted on: 14 June 2008 by Polarbear
Geoff, you kept that one very quiet Big Grin
Posted on: 27 June 2008 by KeanoKing
Pics from Sirmione. Great holiday Cool
from the pool side Cool
er from the pool side Cool
one taken from my better half
and the view of Sirmione from the top of castle scaliger
Posted on: 28 June 2008 by JWM
Nostalia! Thanks for bringing back many happy memories of the JWMs' honeymoon on Lake Garda in 1988. We were at Malcesine, but enjoyed a fabulous boat trip across to some fabulous gardens, at Limone I think, and down to Sirmione, and Virgil's exile mansion. One highlight was walking back down from the halfway cablecar station on Monte Baldo and being beckoned in by a hilside farming family to help celebrate grandma's 100th birthday - wonderful hospitality, fiery grappa (wooww).

James