Nice Photos.

Posted by: u5227470736789439 on 27 February 2008

Most of us have taken one or two nice photos.

Here is my candidate as being almost quite good. In fact it is two painstakingly joined.

Taken up in the mountain at Skurdalsvatn in 2000.

Though this one takien in Warsaw in November 2006 is not bad:

I know there are several good photgraphers here, and it would be nice to see some of you best efforts if you feel inclined to share!

George
Posted on: 28 April 2008 by nodrog
Colour definitely works for flowers.

Taken at Kew a while ago...
Posted on: 28 April 2008 by Cymbiosis
quote:
Originally posted by nodrog:
Colour definitely works for flowers.

Taken at Kew a while ago...

Hardly Kew - far too many weeds, but I took this yesterday in my back garden - I love Cowslips Smile
Posted on: 28 April 2008 by JWM
Anacamptis pyramidalis, taken in mid-Suffolk, 22nd July 2006:

Wild Cowslips, or better still Oxslips, are usually quite a good indicator of the likely presence of orchids. Some species of orchid are, of course, out at the same time as the 'slips - like the site I hope to be going to on Monday, at which five species of orchid have been recorded – Common-spotted, Green-winged, Bee, Pyramidal and Frog orchid (for which it is the last remaining site in Suffolk). Other flowers present that are now scarce in Suffolk include Spiny Restharrow and the Sulphur Clover.
Posted on: 01 May 2008 by Cymbiosis
quote:
Originally posted by JWM:

Wild Cowslips, or better still Oxslips, are usually quite a good indicator of the likely presence of orchids. Some species of orchid are, of course, out at the same time as the 'slips - like the site I hope to be going to on Monday.

Very nice picture James and enjoy your Bank Holiday botanical adventure!

No orchids here but the fritillaries are doing ok - just a pitty the blooms don't last for longer.

Kind regards,

Peter
Posted on: 02 May 2008 by KeanoKing
AH, gardening pictures- now we're talking. One of my favourites this time of year and definitely a sign things are changing. Magnolia Stellata - ahhh Smile
and another - why not...?
oh you've started me now..... Big Grin
Posted on: 02 May 2008 by Alexander
Obligatory <wide grin>
Posted on: 03 May 2008 by Bruce Woodhouse
In our greenhouse.
Posted on: 03 May 2008 by Blueknowz

Some of my Carnivorous Plants
Posted on: 03 May 2008 by Diccus62
quote:
Originally posted by AlexanderVH:
Obligatory <wide grin>

I presume you are the proud dad - ain't much better in life. Children are precious Smile
Posted on: 04 May 2008 by Chalshus
quote:
Originally posted by Sandy8:
Wish I was still here!

I'd like to see the person taking the photo. Winker
Posted on: 04 May 2008 by Sandy8
Christian
You'll have to refer back to the "from the listening chair" thread for that... Winker
Sandy
Posted on: 04 May 2008 by Alexander
quote:
Originally posted by Diccus62:
quote:
Originally posted by AlexanderVH:
Obligatory <wide grin>

I presume you are the proud dad - ain't much better in life. Children are precious Smile

Indeed. Third one it is, 7 years after the second. A very cute baby it is, though that's subjective assessment, but objective assessment would concur surely. Though that's subjective..
Posted on: 04 May 2008 by Diccus62
quote:
A very cute baby it is, though that's subjective assessment, but objective assessment would concur surely. Though that's subjective..

Exactly Smile
Posted on: 05 May 2008 by KeanoKing
My Acer. The colour was even more beautiful a couple of weeks back. It's just starting to turn to it's summer colour of green with pink edges. No such spectacular colour in Autumn with this one though....
Posted on: 05 May 2008 by KeanoKing
Another Maple - this one has flowered this year. Not seen it do this before - might be interesting....
Posted on: 05 May 2008 by Cymbiosis
quote:
Originally posted by KeanoKing:
AH, gardening pictures- now we're talking. One of my favourites this time of year and definitely a sign things are changing. Magnolia Stellata - ahhh Smile

Gardening pictures....Well, sort of. I'm more into wild gardening. I'm sure if you could ask these fellas having a gathering on a warm morning earlier in the week, they'd agree! - loads of bugs to eat Big Grin

Congrats AlexanderVH! Smile and for future reference - I find having a wild garden also helps when one has teenagers as neither wants to help me mow the lawn! Roll Eyes - Anyway, a very cute baby.

Kind regards,

Peter
Posted on: 05 May 2008 by JWM
quote:
Originally posted by JWM:
Wild Cowslips, or better still Oxslips, are usually quite a good indicator of the likely presence of orchids. Some species of orchid are, of course, out at the same time as the 'slips - like the site I hope to be going to on Monday, at which five species of orchid have been recorded...

A general view...

Green-Winged Orchid (Anacamptis morio)...

Albino variant...

And a fantastic swathe of Lady's Smock (Cardamine pratensis) at Saxted Green...

A happy and successful day Smile

James
Posted on: 05 May 2008 by Tony Lockhart
Not a nice photo, but it makes me chuckle!

I finally remembered to stop off and take this pic today.

Tony
Posted on: 05 May 2008 by 555
Family & I have been at the beach enjoying a lovely Spring Bank Holiday. Smile

Posted on: 05 May 2008 by Martin D
Where 555? Very nice local
Posted on: 05 May 2008 by 555
Isle of Sandy in Orkney.

Quite literally Cool today!
Posted on: 08 May 2008 by 555
The New Moon cradling the Old Moon last night.

Posted on: 09 May 2008 by KeanoKing
Moving your SOFA - Indian Style Cool