What new releases are you looking forward to?

Posted by: Voltaire on 02 May 2009

I am sure this thread has been started before but...What new releases are you looking forward too?

I'll start the ball rolling...

Posted on: 10 October 2018 by Richard Dane
Chris_T posted:

Thanks Richard, I don't think even Mike Westbrook knows about this. I'll let him know. There is also a vinyl re-release of "Love Songs" in the pipeline but no date for release as yet.

Great news, thanks Chris.

Posted on: 10 October 2018 by Dan Steel

Remind Me Tomorrow by Sharon Van Etten released 18th January 2019 vinyl preorder only £9.99 on the river. 8)

Posted on: 11 October 2018 by Bert Schurink

Next week...

Posted on: 11 October 2018 by audio1946

beth hart in London   

Mid November...

Posted on: 11 October 2018 by naim_nymph

Release date January 2019

Signals Into Space is the 2018 studio album by electronic duo Ultramarine.

Conceived by Ian Cooper and Paul Hammond over a three year period, it features four songs co-written with left-field singer Anna Domino.

Signals Into Space also features contributions from saxophonist Iain Ballamy (ECM RecordsBill Bruford’s Earthworks etc).

“To some extent Signals Into Space is an escapist record,” reveals Ian. “Our rehearsal space is a small windowless room on an industrial estate in Essex. Possibly as a result we ended up with a collection of visually suggestive tracks, conjuring mental images of cities, deserts and tropical islands, which gradually came into focus as Anna’s lyrical ideas developed. So while the music might have been conceived in a closed space it’s imbued with a positive spirit - looking outwards, seeking contact.”

Vinyl version including a free digital copy on MP3.

January 2019

Posted on: 12 October 2018 by Jeff Anderson

US release 11/02/18

Posted on: 12 October 2018 by christoph
audio1946 posted:

beth hart in London   

First 500 copies in gold marbled vinyl, only from mascot!

Posted on: 12 October 2018 by christoph
christoph posted:
audio1946 posted:

beth hart in London   

First 500 copies in gold marbled vinyl, only from mascot!

Update: sold out!

Posted on: 12 October 2018 by Bert Schurink

16th of November

Mid November

End of October..

Posted on: 13 October 2018 by Stevee_S

This looks very interesting, Esoteric label remasters of their four early 'pink years' albums. Esoteric in my experience have always made a great job of remastering Tangerine Dream. The price is very good indeed IMO, £23.99 for all four CDs.

Available for pre-order from Cherry Red Records.

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/pr...mp;mc_eid=e871abb1a3

Posted on: 15 October 2018 by Richard Morris

Unheard Eric Dolphy…

Posted on: 15 October 2018 by Bert Schurink

End of November

Posted on: 16 October 2018 by TomSer

26th October
This one could be worth a listening or even a download  !
Currentzis often offers interesting interpretations 

Posted on: 17 October 2018 by Bart
Richard Dane posted:

This week will see the release from Music on Vinyl of a reissue of Mike Westbrook's Metropolis. This is definitely up there as one of the great British Jazz albums.  1971 originals are a bit pricey, so MoV's reissue is very welcome.

I've not found a digital download -- if anyone knows of one, pls post.

Posted on: 17 October 2018 by Chris_T
Bart posted:
Richard Dane posted:

This week will see the release from Music on Vinyl of a reissue of Mike Westbrook's Metropolis. This is definitely up there as one of the great British Jazz albums.  1971 originals are a bit pricey, so MoV's reissue is very welcome.

I've not found a digital download -- if anyone knows of one, pls post.

The companies that reissue Mike's music on vinyl usually do it on vinyl only. That will almost certainly be the case with Love Songs when it finally comes out. There has never been a high quality download of Metropolis but there may have been an mp3 download in the past. The first CD issue of this was plagued with wow and flutter and was eventually remastered by BGO and they replaced copies for people who had complained. This vinyl release was news to Mike Westbrook himself. No-one thought to let him know.

Posted on: 17 October 2018 by Richard Dane

Chris, that's rather worrying that Mike wasn't informed that one of his albums (indeed, arguably his finest album) was being reissued.  I wonder what the source Music on Vinyl are using. Do you know whether Mike has the original master tape, or is that with BMG or somewhere else? I assume he will be receiving a royalty from the reissue?

Bart, there's a Japanese issue CD as well as a UK CD from BGO mentioned by Chris. I have the latter (the later remaster) and it's very good. Part IX also features as one of the tracks chosen by Giles Peterson for his second "Impressed" collection of British Jazz masterpieces. 

Posted on: 18 October 2018 by Chris_T
Richard Dane posted:

Chris, that's rather worrying that Mike wasn't informed that one of his albums (indeed, arguably his finest album) was being reissued.  I wonder what the source Music on Vinyl are using. Do you know whether Mike has the original master tape, or is that with BMG or somewhere else? I assume he will be receiving a royalty from the reissue?

Bart, there's a Japanese issue CD as well as a UK CD from BGO mentioned by Chris. I have the latter (the later remaster) and it's very good. Part IX also features as one of the tracks chosen by Giles Peterson for his second "Impressed" collection of British Jazz masterpieces. 

I agree Richard. Mike was only informed at the last minute when Dutton/Vocalion issued Love Songs on CD. Mike thought he owned the rights to that but apparently did not. He didn't really want it released in his lifetime for personal and artistic reasons but was unable to prevent it as it was too late by the time he was told. I would hope he would receive a royalty from this issue of Metropolis. I can't think why he wouldn't. I think the master tape will be with BMG. Mike has given a lot of tapes to the National Jazz Archive too. Talking of Japanese issues, Love Songs sounded much better on the Dutton/Vocalion release than it did on the Japanese issues. Too many important Westbrook albums are unavailable now. Citadel Room 315 being just one of them. Both CD issues are now deleted and there are currently no Vinyl releases available.

Posted on: 18 October 2018 by BLACKMASS

Posted on: 18 October 2018 by Bert Schurink

25th of January...

Melnyk, 7th of December...

Mid of November