What new releases are you looking forward to?

Posted by: Voltaire on 02 May 2009

I am sure this thread has been started before but...What new releases are you looking forward too?

I'll start the ball rolling...

Posted on: 18 October 2018 by Bert Schurink

In 2 Weeks

2nd of November

End of October

Tomorrow

Posted on: 19 October 2018 by Bert Schurink

Very much looking forward to the new CD/DVD of Gregory Porter...

Posted on: 19 October 2018 by TomSer
Bert Schurink posted:

Mid of November

Downloaded volume 1 and 2 from Bert van der Wolf's website and store. Bert is the recording engineer who did the recordings/masterings. 

You can get those album in 24/352,8

Great recordings!

Google for : " Spirit of Turtle downloads "

His web shop is named "Spirit of Turtle"

TomSer posted:
Bert Schurink posted:

Mid of November

Downloaded volume 1 and 2 from Bert van der Wolf's website and store. Bert is the recording engineer who did the recordings/masterings. 

Great recordings!

Thanks I know the shop, didn't realize this stuff was in such a high resolution available.

Bert Schurink posted:
TomSer posted:
Bert Schurink posted:

Mid of November

Great recordings!

Thanks I know the shop, didn't realize this stuff was in such a high resolution available.

Just browsed around and realized I have quite a number of the recordings - also the great Van Zweden - Bruckner, while I would have loved to have it now in the huge resolution....

Posted on: 20 October 2018 by Stevee_S

6 CD box set releasing on November 2nd, £29.99 pre-order down at the river.

Posted on: 20 October 2018 by T38.45
Bert Schurink posted:
Bert Schurink posted:
TomSer posted:
Bert Schurink posted:

Mid of November

Great recordings!

Just browsed around and realized I have quite a number of the recordings - also the great Van Zweden - Bruckner, while I would have loved to have it now in the huge resolution....

Checked some others recordin as well, indeed- SQ is exceptional! Thx for tip:-)

Posted on: 20 October 2018 by Bert Schurink

Nice pre-Christmas present on the 7th of December...

Mid November...

Beginning of November ....

Posted on: 20 October 2018 by Gazza

Listening to “Buddy Holly from the Original master tapes”, excellent sound quality.

Posted on: 20 October 2018 by Bob_B

Due out mid-November on 5 LPs.

Posted on: 20 October 2018 by Richard Dane
Bob_B posted:

Due out mid-November on 5 LPs.

Wow.  How exciting!  I've been yearning for a reissue of Shades of Blue and Dusk Fire for some years.  I wonder whether they will be in mono or stereo.  It would be lovely to have them in stereo - judging by the tracks that made it into Stereo LPs (Dusk Fire on Jazz Explosion) a stereo LP issue could be amazing.

Unfortunately i can't seem to find anywhere in the UK to pre-order yet..

Richard - It will be coming out on Jazzman Records and their site has some details for it. I’m assuming that as with the (great sounding) BGO CD reissues these will all be in stereo. With the original LPs, the first two (‘Shades of Blue’ and ‘Dusk Fire’) Columbia LPs were in mono. Apparently these will be 180g facsimiles of the original LPs.

I agree, this release is exciting. Jazzman Records have spent 20 years on getting the permissions to use the masters etc.

I read they're from the original analogue masters, but, being cut at Abbey Road, maybe not a totally analogue cut..?  Still, very exciting, and if it leads to more Lansdowne reissues then that's VERY exciting. 

I agree. There are some real gems in the Lansdowne Series that have never been reissued on vinyl and (only some of which) appeared fleetingly on CD. Some great recordings by Mike Taylor, Guy Warren, Amancio D’Silva for starters. 

Yes, the two Mike Taylor LPs would be lovely - just impossible to find on LP, and even the CDs are difficult to find.  I have the CD of Trio and one of the tracks, Abena, made it (in stereo) onto the Jazz Explosion sampler and it's fantastic. Pendulum has proved elusive, but then I hear the CD was pulled soon after release. I'd really like to see Stonehenge by William Russo and the London Jazz Orchestra reissued, particularly if it makes it in Stereo - another one with a track (Trilothons) on the sampler that's stunning.

I have a copy of the ‘Stonehenge’ LP by Bill Russo. Undeservedly obscure !

The two Mike Taylor LPs are exceptional. His whole conception was unique. The ‘Pendulum’ CD was pulled shortly after release - I believe Universal weren’t happy as the tape used wad Adrian Kerridge’s copy at Lansdowne Studio. Great shame as it was a fine reissue.

Posted on: 21 October 2018 by Bert Schurink

Posted on: 21 October 2018 by Bert Schurink

Posted on: 21 October 2018 by Richard Morris

Chris Pasin: Ornettiquette.

http://chrispasin.com/release/ornettiquette

May already be out. The only download I can find is cdbaby but that is mp3 320 only.

Posted on: 22 October 2018 by Richard Morris

I was looking forward to this but is is LP only. No cd, no download. Infuriating.