Nice Photos.

Posted by: u5227470736789439 on 27 February 2008

Most of us have taken one or two nice photos.

Here is my candidate as being almost quite good. In fact it is two painstakingly joined.

Taken up in the mountain at Skurdalsvatn in 2000.

Though this one takien in Warsaw in November 2006 is not bad:

I know there are several good photgraphers here, and it would be nice to see some of you best efforts if you feel inclined to share!

George
Posted on: 31 March 2008 by Sandy8
Believe it or not, there are some areas here in Vancouver that look as run down as Havana.

I'd love to go back to Cuba one day....

Sandy
Posted on: 02 April 2008 by Mabelode, King of Swords
This is the world's only fleet of sailboats still operating commercially - photographed in the Jakarta harbour established by the Dutch several centuries ago.

To get on the boat, labourers simply walk up those planks carrying loads of cargo on their backs.

Posted on: 02 April 2008 by Mabelode, King of Swords
A bit more serene - ancient Hindu relics at the national museum in Jakarta.

Posted on: 02 April 2008 by nodrog
Tuesday morning from the 23rd floor of the building I work in. Looking towards a snow-covered Fuji-san.

Posted on: 02 April 2008 by Diccus62
Nice shot Nodrog, what camera you using?

Diccus
Posted on: 02 April 2008 by nodrog
Diccus62

that shot was taken with a Nikon D200, 5 bracketed shots tonemapped and a bit of Lucisart filtering for impact.

Post-processing is key, for me, in digital photography. I'm not much of a traditionalist, although I use still film sometimes.

Like this, for instance:

Konica Hexar RF, Fuji Velvia, Summicron 35mm

Cheers,
Peter
Posted on: 03 April 2008 by Shayman
Huddersfield. So good they named it once.
Posted on: 04 April 2008 by jz
Nodrog.....the fugi-san picture

D200, ok..... which lens ?

Good work !
Posted on: 04 April 2008 by Geoff P
Nodrog lovely clear air .....

I couldn't find so much of that on an evening in Tokyo.

Posted on: 04 April 2008 by Diccus62
quote:
Originally posted by nodrog:
Diccus62

that shot was taken with a Nikon D200, 5 bracketed shots tonemapped and a bit of Lucisart filtering for impact.

Post-processing is key, for me, in digital photography. I'm not much of a traditionalist, although I use still film sometimes.

Like this, for instance:

Konica Hexar RF, Fuji Velvia, Summicron 35mm

Cheers,
Peter

That is gorgeous. Stunning.

Diccus
Posted on: 04 April 2008 by Diccus62
quote:
I'm not much of a traditionalist

It's not done Jordan any harm either. Pimp your Ride Smile
Posted on: 12 April 2008 by Cymbiosis
Taken a little earlier this morning:
Posted on: 12 April 2008 by Cymbiosis
Early breakfast!
Posted on: 12 April 2008 by andy c
Peter,
I'm a fan of the colour blue, as you know - the swan picture is lovely - can you send me the hi-res version?
Posted on: 13 April 2008 by KeanoKing
What about Green? Colours from India, Lamb Saagwala anyone? It tasted Smile Smile
Some local scaffolding... Eek
the traffic in mumbai - it doesn't even begin to explain ...
Posted on: 13 April 2008 by Cymbiosis
quote:
Originally posted by andy c:
Peter,
I'm a fan of the colour blue, as you know - the swan pictu

re is lovely - can you send me the hi-res version?

Sure thing Andy,

I have a few you may like!

Nice pics Keano Cool - Hope the new employment's working out for you!

Kind regards,

Peter
Thanks Peter. Work is going well. Very Busy but enjoying it.

Hey and great picture

ATB
KK
Posted on: 13 April 2008 by u5227470736789439
I actually hate photos of me, but this one is okay! Taken earlier today after this afternoon's concert.
t:

George
Posted on: 13 April 2008 by northpole
What's this I see - Fredrik reunited with George??!!! Winker

Peter
Posted on: 13 April 2008 by u5227470736789439
Dear Peter,

Almost like the old days!

These two instruments could hardly be more contrasted. The one taken today [two posts up] is a 60 year old Czech bass made of plywood, but actually very playable with some guts to the sound, which is not always the case, and then this beautifully made 1995 copy of a 1666 Maggini photographed in 2000. Best tonewood and gut strings, as opposed to the relatively unresonant laminated tonewood with much heavier steel strings.

Also note the violin corners on the big bass, compared to the plain "viol" corners on the Czech bass. The violin corners were introduced in 17th century Italy, and caught on in England, but not the German, and Austo-Hungarian speres of influence.

George
Posted on: 13 April 2008 by Exiled Highlander
First time I have tried Photobucket instead of Imageshack so I hope this works..

First image is the deliberate use of lens flare in order to dramatize the intensity of the sun at our camp somewhere around 16,000ft or so......actually that's a load of bollocks as the flare was totally unintentional but it does seem to add something to this picture as the sun is relentless at that altitude. It wasn't the most comfortable of camps but I've slept in worse!

This one is of an old man who was resting after carting a load of firewood on his back for almost 12 miles as the part of India we were in had no roads and he had no option!

And this one of a girl in the village who seemed to do nothing except get into trouble constantly....I just love the colours in it...

Good trip and good memories....

Cheers

Jim
Posted on: 13 April 2008 by Exiled Highlander
Keano

I take it you are living and working in Mumbai....I lived in Bangalore for six months and you are right in that no photo or even video can describe the traffic and the driving in any major Indian city!

Great country and great people though...enjoy it!

Cheers

Jim
Posted on: 14 April 2008 by Diccus62
Dunstanburgh Castle in Northumberland yesterday. Think I need to clean my point and shoot lens.