System Pics 2018

Posted by: hungryhalibut on 17 December 2017

Welcome to System Pics 2018.

To start things off, here are a couple of pictures of my setup. There have been some big changes over the past year; a 300 and a 555PS, and some extra shelves to accommodate them. 

Posted on: 01 December 2018 by kevin J Carden

Empty spaces in your wine racks => your system probably sounds great . Enjoy!

Posted on: 01 December 2018 by Mike Sullivan
kevin J Carden posted:

Empty spaces in your wine racks => your system probably sounds great . Enjoy!

Christmas reinforcements have arrived. Party mode, wine and a beer fridge in the room for good measure.

Untitled

Posted on: 02 December 2018 by Mr.Tibbs

Wet Sunday afternoon, roast in the oven, kind of blue on the Karik, big mug of strong tea.  Sorted.

Mr Tibbs

Posted on: 02 December 2018 by james n
Mr.Tibbs posted:

Wet Sunday afternoon, roast in the oven, kind of blue on the Karik, big mug of strong tea.  Sorted.

Mr Tibbs

Lovely as usual Mr Tibbs. It looks a very nice place to spend a wet afternoon. 

Posted on: 02 December 2018 by Richard Dane

Indeed, and I for one, never tire of looking at those gorgeous Gales.

Posted on: 02 December 2018 by Jonners
ynwa250505 posted:

My wife swears by "Farrow & Ball" for paint. I just swear at the price ...

Yep - "Cooking Apple Green" is possibly the one to go for, lovely.

Posted on: 02 December 2018 by joe9407
Richard Dane posted:

Indeed, and I for one, never tire of looking at those gorgeous Gales.

me neither -- they are "verri sexxi"! 

Mr. Tibbs: do you have the chrome stands for them, too? there's not a chance in hell of finding any Gales on this side of the Atlantic (rocking-horse droppings come to mind) but if i ever saw any, i don't think i could help myself.

Posted on: 02 December 2018 by HiFiman
Mr.Tibbs posted:

Mr Tibbs

Also a lovely touch on the 102 with the LEDs on the volume and balance knobs.

Posted on: 02 December 2018 by kevin J Carden
Jonners posted:
ynwa250505 posted:

F&B are lovely paints. Worth the extra money. I was thinking Card Room Green, but now I’m thinking it’s a bit too strong for a large wall. Purbeck Stone is always a good go to choice, but still considering options.. maybe we should head to the padded cell with this..!!

Posted on: 02 December 2018 by Eoink

The paint on the wall is F&B Lime Green (hope this isn’t advertising Richard). It looks like a slightly deep magnolia, yet picks up wonderfully the greens in the sofa, rug and the sage wallpaper on the wall behind the camera.

Posted on: 02 December 2018 by Mike Sullivan
Eoink posted:

The paint on the wall is F&B Lime Green (hope this isn’t advertising Richard). It looks like a slightly deep magnolia, yet picks up wonderfully the greens in the sofa, rug and the sage wallpaper on the wall behind the camera.

Nice tidy set up with the Nova on display. Mine is on shelf in a TV set up, but I'd like to find a solution like this, but really needs a new overall furniture overall, which is now out of budget after getting the Nova and new speakers!!

Posted on: 02 December 2018 by hungryhalibut

Off White No. 3. It’s a great colour. 

Posted on: 02 December 2018 by RaceTripper
Eoink posted:

I love the Noguchi table in that room. It's a classic (we have the same one).

Posted on: 02 December 2018 by AndrewG

I prefer F&B's White no. 47

Posted on: 02 December 2018 by ALANP

We've gone with Skimming Stone, which is superb as it changes to different hues dependant on different times of day and light. 

Posted on: 02 December 2018 by Eoink
RaceTripper posted:
Eoink posted:

I love the Noguchi table in that room. It's a classic (we have the same one).

I first saw it in MOMA in New York back in the ‘80s, I’ve loved it ever since. When I lived in a flat in London the lounge was too big for it to shine (18ft by 15ft with 11ft ceiling), in this Yorkshire house that room is perfect for it to be a focal point (with the lovely pieces of glass).

Posted on: 02 December 2018 by EBT

Topic title needs to be changed to changing rooms

Posted on: 02 December 2018 by ynwa250505
kevin J Carden posted:
Jonners posted:
ynwa250505 posted:

F&B are lovely paints. Worth the extra money. I was thinking Card Room Green, but now I’m thinking it’s a bit too strong for a large wall. Purbeck Stone is always a good go to choice, but still considering options.. maybe we should head to the padded cell with this..!!

re the "extra money" - we once had a decorator who kept whispering in my ear that he could get the same colour for a lot lot less at the local dulux. I mentioned that to my wife. She said, "don't worry, I'll deal with it" - I never heard another word from him ...

Posted on: 03 December 2018 by TOBYJUG
Mr.Tibbs posted:

Mr Tibbs

That's an unusual place to put the microwaves.

Posted on: 04 December 2018 by ewemon
james n posted:
Mr.Tibbs posted:

Mr Tibbs

Lovely as usual Mr Tibbs. It looks a very nice place to spend a wet afternoon. 

Haven't seen a pair of Gale 401's for years. They were a nice sounding spekaer

Posted on: 09 December 2018 by aznblue
HiFiman posted:
Mr.Tibbs posted:

Mr Tibbs

Also a lovely touch on the 102 with the LEDs on the volume and balance knobs.

When did factory built 102's have the LEDs on the volume and balance knobs or was this a special mod? All 102's I've seen, including my own, don't have them. 

Posted on: 09 December 2018 by Mr.Tibbs

/\ /\  What LEDs ? Must be an optical illusion!

I've owned that 102 from when it was new in '96 - it's been 'round the block' a bit (any more I dare not say and apologies in advance to Richard) but now in its middle age just pretends to be different. A bit like myself really

Someone asked about stands for the 401s; I've owned the Gales from new in '78 but didn't get the matching stands as I'd spent all available cash on the 'speakers (about £400 - quite a lot back then) and anyway they spent their early years sat on shelves in alcoves. They work really well when tucked into a corner or in an alcove as that's where they were designed to go. The wooden tripods were a cheap and cheerful stopgap DIY effort, but seem to work rather well so I'm reluctant to change anything. I do love the look of the 'proper' stands though and it's now possible to obtain brand new sets, which are reputedly stronger than the originals and also work well. The room is overdue for redecoration and that would be a good time to take the plunge on those matching stands - which look like this ...

Mr Tibbs

Posted on: 12 December 2018 by Tony2011

Untitled

Not much changed since I last posted a photo of my humble system  but the streamer has a new screen and a full update. Thanks to everyone at Naim and Graham"s.  Happy days!

Posted on: 12 December 2018 by Foot tapper

Ooh Tony, is that a Revox reel to reel up top? Delicious!

Posted on: 12 December 2018 by Tony2011

Thank you, FT. That's my old and faithful B77.

Untitled