System Pics 2018

Posted by: hungryhalibut on 17 December 2017

Welcome to System Pics 2018.

To start things off, here are a couple of pictures of my setup. There have been some big changes over the past year; a 300 and a 555PS, and some extra shelves to accommodate them. 

Posted on: 18 December 2017 by Eloise
Hungryhalibut posted:

I took the pictures at the beginning of the thread with an iPhone 8, which seems to have a better camera than my iPad mini 4. I mail  the pictures to myself and then save them to the iPad, and then upload to imgur. I’m sure there is an easier way, but it works for me. There is probably airdrop or something I don’t understand.

You’re probably not interested but... if you have the same iCloud account on both iPhone and iPad then you can set it up to share the same Photo Library.  On both devices check the settings, Accounts and Passwords section and your iCloud account turn everything on under Photos.

Alternatiely can’t you just upload from your iPhone to imgur?

Posted on: 18 December 2017 by MDS
stuart.ashen posted:

Looks very cosy, Stuart. Especially with the furry companion 

Posted on: 18 December 2017 by Mort2k
Hungryhalibut posted:

Matty, when you take the picture on the phone or pad, select the private rather than public option, so you don’t need to add a caption. Once the picture is uploaded, if you press on it one of the options is copy link. I think it’s the bottom left of the various options. That’s the one to copy into the top of the boxes that you will get when you click the little mountain in the Forum reply box. I always use my pad to do it as I have never managed to get the mountain on the phone. I took the pictures at the beginning of the thread with an iPhone 8, which seems to have a better camera than my iPad mini 4. I mail  the pictures to myself and then save them to the iPad, and then upload to imgur. I’m sure there is an easier way, but it works for me. There is probably airdrop or something I don’t understand. I hope you find at least some of that vaguely helpful. 

HH

on your iPhone turn it to landscape and you will get the controls for formatting and the mountain for picture inserting

Rob

Posted on: 18 December 2017 by Sloop John B

18F2E07B-7D14-4483-B478-C4460485B1B4

Same basic system as last year (552-300-SL2) but with fraim no longer between the speakers. 

Experimenting with source with 2 DACs-  a Hugo TT and Holo Spring. The Holo to allow upsampling to DSD to see what all the fuss is about. 

Hiding there is also an ultraRendu and Singxer SU1. 

.sjb

97B8FE88-643D-402F-8DA6-5728EA1FF9E0Another wonderful addition was the kitchen system. 

Bluesound Pulse Flex, really astonishingly good sound and it’s a Roon endpoint as well as the usual suspects, tunein radio, Spotify, Tidal, deezer, Qobuz etc. 

.sjb

Posted on: 18 December 2017 by hungryhalibut

Eloise & Rob - thanks so much for the tips, which are most useful. 

083316B5-39E1-4EF0-AF86-EDEA3837008C

Seven year old UniQute still going strong in the bedroom system. (Running Roon natively with Sonore UPnP bridge).

.sjb

Posted on: 18 December 2017 by TOBYJUG
stuart.ashen posted:

At last someone sensible enough to have the TV between the speakers.

When inspector Morse drives of in a huff, your head won't need scratching !!

Posted on: 18 December 2017 by Atherton
TOBYJUG posted:

At last someone sensible enough to have the TV between the speakers.

When inspector Morse drives of in a huff, your head won't need scratching !!

I suppose it's all a question of how much TV you watch and, if you're not watching/listening to TV, whether you'd rather look at a big blank screen, or a beautiful painting / sculpture / log fire etc whilst listening to real music.....;-)

Posted on: 18 December 2017 by stuart.ashen

Toby,

reality really. My Hi-Fi is probably worth more than the house so not too much room to separate them! 

Atherton, I have one of those DVDs showing a log fire should I ever feel the need...

Stu

Posted on: 18 December 2017 by Salmon Dave

Can we start 2018 again with a ban on repeat photo offenders?

Posted on: 18 December 2017 by lola20124

here is mine

With the beautiful concept 20 speakers

And with the much better motives

Posted on: 18 December 2017 by Bob the Builder
Salmon Dave posted:

Can we start 2018 again with a ban on repeat photo offenders?

Absolutely agree Dave.

There seems no reason to start again: let’s just hope members take the hint and try to avoid repeated quoting. There are some really nice pictures already, and some from people who haven’t posted their system pics before, which is great. The more the merrier. 

Posted on: 18 December 2017 by Matty.s

Ok,here goes.If this works then it will be thanks to Stu,Richard and HH for pointing me in the right direction to upload photos.

Well done Matty. It’s got to be easy if I can do it! Now we need a picture of the system in its environment. 

The pm1's don't get rave reviews with naim kit but they work really well in my room.

That looks lovely. A log burner and a chimney breast. A proper room, unlike our boring modern house. 

Thanks HH for the kind words.We put the burner in about 3 years ago.I did all the work myself apart from the actual fitting of the burner as this had to be carried out by a heatas approved installer.It was a tough and dirty job opening the old fire place but its probably the best edition to the house we have made.

Thanks again

Posted on: 18 December 2017 by Richard Dane

Something new.  

It's really rather good. I'm really enjoying rediscovering my record collection.

I could be some time...

Posted on: 18 December 2017 by MDS
Richard Dane posted:

Something new.  

It's really rather good. I'm really enjoying rediscovering my record collection.

I could be some time...

And excellent photos, too, Richard. I must learn to do better with my camera/iphone. 

Posted on: 18 December 2017 by james n
Richard Dane posted:

Something new.  

That is rather gorgeous Richard. Very nice indeed. 

Posted on: 18 December 2017 by R-LANE

2018 sound system: Vitus/Naim PL/Aurender/Eclipse TD/TQ Silver Diamond. Box count reduced from six to two.

Posted on: 18 December 2017 by Richard Dane

Thanks James.  It is rather nice.  The ceramic platter is 'out of this world' gorgeous. And, when I collected from Rega last week, it was nice to be able to meet everyone involved in building it too.   Most remarkable is how quickly it could be set up and playing, with no worries about spending weeks fine-tuning. I reckon it's already pretty much spot on - I'll run the HFNRR test disc sat some point just to be sure - with just the Apheta 2 to fully run in before it's giving 100%.  Oh yes, there are the solid metal feet that I have as an optional extra that I haven't tried yet.  But I'm enjoying to all too much for the moment to bother.  

MDS, the pics were taken with just my iPhone SE.

Posted on: 18 December 2017 by james n

Rega do have a refreshing no nonsense engineering approach (much like Naim). If i've dropped the right hints, i should have 'A Vibration Measuring Machine' sat under the Christmas tree so i'm looking forward to getting my hands on that.

Enjoy the new deck.