System Pics 2018

Posted by: hungryhalibut on 17 December 2017

Welcome to System Pics 2018.

To start things off, here are a couple of pictures of my setup. There have been some big changes over the past year; a 300 and a 555PS, and some extra shelves to accommodate them. 

Posted on: 15 December 2018 by seakayaker
Kevin-W posted:

Am about to pull the trigger on a pair of these (Dynaudio Special Forty), which I am currently demo-ing at home. The only thing that remains to be done is deciding whether to go for grey birch or this red...

FWIW - Love the Red! Look gorgeous!   I would have no hesitation with Red over the Grey........

Good luck with your decision.

Posted on: 15 December 2018 by DrMark

Since we are all deciding what Kevin should do with his money, here are a couple of pics to help everyone vote!

Personally I vote red...but both are very nice.

Posted on: 16 December 2018 by Clive B
Foot tapper posted:

No recent changes other than isolating speaker feet, just an opportunity for gratuitous photos of delectable vinyl & CD replay components:

The ultimate source, a 5kVA balanced power supply to neutralise asymmetric mains that makes Naim transforms hum so much:

5kVA balanced power supply

Dynavector XX-2 on Vertere turntable:

Lots of Naim boxes (and some others):

The noisy end (with previous electronics):

There, back on track with the thread name!  FT

Very nice system, FT. I wonder if anyone else counts the boxes trying to work out what they all are before looking at the user profile...

I have been thinking I really ought to invest in a mains upgrade, but the problem for me would be the length of cable runs required and how these could be hidden given a concrete floor and without visible conduit.

Posted on: 16 December 2018 by nigelb

Red, Kev.

Posted on: 16 December 2018 by Gazza

Both finishes look too artificial to me, if I had to choose it would be the grey.

Posted on: 16 December 2018 by Bert Schurink
nigelb posted:

Red, Kev.

+1

Posted on: 16 December 2018 by Mike Sullivan

Red, these are Cherry Totem Forest Signatures (well, one of them)..

Totem Cherry

Posted on: 16 December 2018 by EBT

They look stunning 

Posted on: 16 December 2018 by Robiwan

NACA5 is the only Naim still in my set up. For stereo the excellent Linn Majik DSM 1 with Space Optimisation. That optimisation works wonders in my room. Even the most bass heavy tracks are now playable without annoying boom. Furthermore the overall sound is more clear and open sounding than any of the Naim gear i had in the past. 

Posted on: 16 December 2018 by sjw

I had the offer of ex demo Audio vector floor standers but white gloss... at £400 it was really very tempting but we are all quite used to wood or black speakers. After initial peering at them I got used to the finish. They sound brilliant and the've stayed.

I guess you may want to consider if they will be easy to sell should you change in the future? My son likes the Jaguar sports in burnt orange but as he's 19 its not going to be a dilemma for the foreseeable future

Posted on: 16 December 2018 by dalmatian

Saw a pair of grey ones in the flesh, they looked stunning.

Nick

Posted on: 16 December 2018 by dalmatian

Getting close to my favourite time of the year

”System Pics 2019” get in!

Nick

Posted on: 16 December 2018 by Popeye
Mike Sullivan posted:

Totem Cherry

Very nice, I thought you could only get the signatures in high gloss black or white.

I am addicted to my new Totems!

Posted on: 16 December 2018 by TOBYJUG

IMG_0828

Another red user.

Posted on: 16 December 2018 by ameden

Some significant changes in 2018....almost complete....

Out - CDX2 + XPSDR, 252 + SCapDR. SCapDR (for SLine), Headline + Napsc, 3 sets Headphones, SL2's, Naca5, 1 x 5 rack of Isoblue + 3 glass shelves, various cables,          ….speakers relocated to fire 'across' the room from 'down' the room...

In - 552DR, SCM40's, Witch hat Phantom...

pending - NDS going to Salisbury in New Year to get screen sorted, upgraded PS for Xerxes, speaker cables to shorten from 8 mtr pair to shorter lengths...

All sounding very nice....

Merry Christmas to All

Posted on: 16 December 2018 by ct

A few additions from my last picture with a SNAXO242 and HICAP added to the system along with a new shelf to keep things in order.  Last week my friendly local dealer rustled up another couple of lengths of NACA5 with a new SNAIC5 to join things up so we can now look forward to going active with my SBLs

Am off for a little while now so looking forward to getting things patched together as well as a good tidy and setup

I read a comment recently that the NAC72 doesn't interact well with the CD player if sat on the shelf directly above or below it so will give some thought to re-stacking things in a different order too. The additional challenge is that i'd like to keep the top shelf free of kit as the cat likes to find her way on there otherwise as its generally a nice warm place to be.......

Posted on: 16 December 2018 by Popeye

This is as Christmassy as my setup is going to get this Christmas. ????

Posted on: 16 December 2018 by RaceTripper
Popeye posted:

This is as Christmassy as my setup is going to get this Christmas. ????

I think disguising the left speaker as a festive plant is brilliant.

Posted on: 16 December 2018 by Toksik
Mike Sullivan posted:

Totem Cherry

I have these in Cherry finish too,connected with Chord Epic Supertwin ....i used to have cherry Forests but when i saw the Signatures i traded up ..they only cost me 2k 'cos Forests jumped in price hehe!.

p.s. mine sit on granite chopping boards from Tesco!

Posted on: 16 December 2018 by Jonners
ameden posted:

Some significant changes in 2018....almost complete....

Out - CDX2 + XPSDR, 252 + SCapDR. SCapDR (for SLine), Headline + Napsc, 3 sets Headphones, SL2's, Naca5, 1 x 5 rack of Isoblue + 3 glass shelves, various cables,          ….speakers relocated to fire 'across' the room from 'down' the room...

In - 552DR, SCM40's, Witch hat Phantom...

pending - NDS going to Salisbury in New Year to get screen sorted, upgraded PS for Xerxes, speaker cables to shorten from 8 mtr pair to shorter lengths...

All sounding very nice....

Merry Christmas to All

Out of interest amaden, how long have you had the Phantom and what do you think? I have recently replaced Chord Epic with Phantom, its still running in so the jury is out. I've also replaced all but 1 interconnect with WH Source products and I like what I hear so far.

Posted on: 17 December 2018 by ameden

Hi Jonners

thanks for the note, don't want to distract the thread....so briefly - had the Phantom circa 5/6 weeks...the SL2's didn't like it...the SCM's do, it tightens up the bass nicely, lots of detail in the mid and treble, no harshness, all sounds very natural. The Naca5 when briefly put back in was like pressing a 'loudness button' ...boosted the bass level....now gone, keeping the Phantom.

Also have a set of Witch Hat xlr's on the 300 PS for some time now.

BR

Posted on: 17 December 2018 by Zipperheadbanjo

Haven't posted a system pic update for awhile... was on a... ahem... sabbatical :-)

Just recently upgraded from a 252 to a 552 and added an NDX 2. 

IMG_4306

Posted on: 17 December 2018 by mcjt

This Sopra2/naim/rp8 owner says he likes your modest RP10 sitting on top too! 

Posted on: 18 December 2018 by pixies

Not posted a pic for a while so here goes… All new 3 box set up introduced earlier this year. Just added a spare empty shelf to get the 272 away from the 555 and 250, as well as help lift the cables off the floor…

Posted on: 18 December 2018 by hungryhalibut

That looks super, and even better, you now have space for a 300.