Hi-Fi Corner

Steve HallPosted: 30 October 2000Last Updated: 30 October 2000
Firsly, searched all 11 pages of the forum as I was sure we talked about this recently, must have been one of those posts the gremlins ate.Anyways, can anyone give me a quick once-over on the cable-tie mod?
ianPosted: 30 October 2000Last Updated: 30 October 2000
I made earlier posts regarding a problem I have trying to record to a Minidisc player. I couldn’t understand why I was able to do it on my TEAC system, but not my NAIM. Of course I was using Phone to Phono from the TEAC, but 5-pin-DIN from the...
Arye_GurPosted: 19 October 2000Last Updated: 30 October 2000
At last I have the LP12 assembled at my home (by Naim dealer). I heard this turntable many times in demonstrations and I knew it is a good one - but I didn't know HOW good it is until now.With a Valhala/Ittok/Asak (out of my old axis) there is no...
EdwinPosted: 29 October 2000Last Updated: 30 October 2000
Does anyone have copies of old hifi magazines with reviews of these speakers? Having just bought a pair, I am very interested in reading anything and everything I can about them.
Wouldn't mind being a bit younger (big 40 in a few months). What's the Junior about?
AndersPosted: 30 October 2000Last Updated: 30 October 2000
Hi,I'm considering a build out of my listning room and would need some opinions/advice on the topic.Currently, my dedicated listning room has the following dimensions (feet): 12.5 (width) * 15.0 (length) * 8.0 (height). My speakers (active Isobariks)...
Arye_GurPosted: 28 October 2000Last Updated: 30 October 2000
Hi all,Mike Hanson adviced me to buy a 72 and use my Nait3 as a power amp. When Paul S. said few days ago that the 72 will vanish - I asked Naim dealer and he agreed to sell a 72 in a special price to me and gave me a used 140 instead of my Nait3. My...
Chrisk7Posted: 29 October 2000Last Updated: 30 October 2000
Hi there,I am thinking of upgrading my system (CD2/72/Hicap/140 on Audiodata Bejeau). I have two options:1. Replacing the 72 for a 1022. Replacing the 140 for a 250I have already heard a 250 in my system. The middle and bass were significantly...
JaybarPosted: 29 October 2000Last Updated: 30 October 2000
I have just purchased the Naim CD5 CD Player. My questions are:1) How long to break in?2) Does the naim respond to vibration issolation devices?
AlcoPosted: 29 October 2000Last Updated: 30 October 2000
Hi Guys,I read a Dutch HiFi-magazien this week, where anaudio-shop advertised with a s/h Linn LP12 for 1250 Dutch Guilders(about 350 UKP), without arm.If I would (if it could!) combine it with a RegaRB300 arm an a decent cartridge would it outperform...
Darren CotterPosted: 29 October 2000Last Updated: 30 October 2000
Greetings,I'm about to move house and the setup of the lounge will mean changing my SBL'S . Can anyone suggest flootstanders that can be positioned freely.(I.E. not flat against a wall, 6 feet apart.)The rest of my system is :- Linn LP12, CDI, 82,...
Todd APosted: 26 October 2000Last Updated: 30 October 2000
No doubt by now other forum members have had a chance to listen to the much-vaunted SACD format. I had my first experience with it a couple weeks back, and I just had to write that I found myself underwhelmed. Now granted I did not listen to TOP OF...
PPosted: 28 October 2000Last Updated: 30 October 2000
Just checked in and I'm feeling a bit lost and lonely here. Seems like everybody has vamoosed.Has Mike Hanson finally got his new forum up and running?Ore..... has everyone been so brainwashed or become so cheesed off by the recent discussions on the...
System : CD3.5, NAC 92 / NAP 90 I've just bought a Minidisc player & am trying to connect it to my setup. Playback is fine, but when I try to record I am getting virtually no signal strength to the Minidisc. I have tried taking the Output from both 4 & 5 (using 5-Pin DIN to Phono). I have tried connecting the Minidisc to my TEAC 2nd system successfully & get full signal strength. Any idea what the problem can be? Do you think a Flat-Cap will have a noticeable benefit on my CD3.5, 92/90 setup?
JaybarPosted: 29 October 2000Last Updated: 29 October 2000
When I plugged in my new Naim CD5 (My first Naim compnent), the sound of Vinyl, via a Linn TT worsened slightly. My Spectral amp/Pre-amp are very sensitive to digital noise on the line. Naim does not recommend after-market power cords such as MIT...
Franz KPosted: 29 October 2000Last Updated: 29 October 2000
Since one month I have CDX/82/Hi/250/Naca5/Ruarc Icons/Headline-Napsc/Grado325/. Which way would you proceed?Option 1. Replace Ruarc Icons with SBLs or possibly IBLs or other speakers?Option 2. Supercap?Option 3. CDS-PS (if available)?Option 4. ...
Le ChefPosted: 28 October 2000Last Updated: 29 October 2000
I keep seeing this issue raised and discussed on this forum, but often with no firm conclusions.Would a CD5/Flatcap2 sound better or worse than a straight CDX?Would a 112/150/Flatcap2 sound better or worse than a straight 102/180?Is it better to power...
EdotPosted: 29 October 2000Last Updated: 29 October 2000
I've been offline for a while so please excuse if this has been covered before, although the search function turns up negative.Has anyone done any comparisons between the Stageline, Prefix and internal phono boards?I'm wondering if it's any less...
Arye_GurPosted: 21 October 2000Last Updated: 29 October 2000
Many members here are talking so much about Mana tables. Today I look at the Naim listening room - and surprise !! The people in Naim listening room are using WOODEN TABLES for the electronics!!! Something is wrong here - I wonder were. Arie [This message was edited by Arie_Gur on SUNDAY 22 October 2000 at 07:27.]
NaheedPosted: 29 October 2000Last Updated: 29 October 2000
I had a spare Chord Solid II (RCA to DIN) lying around so i sent it back to Chord to get reconfigured to XLR - DIN, (at the moment I am using a Micromega DAC with balanced outputs).Got it back friday: WOW - the difference is amazing !!!, bass is so...
Don BraidPosted: 26 October 2000Last Updated: 29 October 2000
A friend has a chance to buy a pair of used Rega Camber speakers. Anybody know them or use them? Opinions urgently requested.Don
Eric GilliandPosted: 27 October 2000Last Updated: 28 October 2000
Greetings from down under. Am very familiar with Mana and the 'Effect' and am happy to say that I have not experienced a better table. Prefer to keep it simple though (Sound Table and Multi Tier equipment racks without additions).My question...
NaheedPosted: 27 October 2000Last Updated: 28 October 2000
Alright then which is better:NAC102/napsc/Supercap or NAC82/napsc/2* HicapsThis would be for a cdx/xps...naheed...
Eric BarryPosted: 27 October 2000Last Updated: 28 October 2000
Has anyone heard the Creek CD43 or the new Rega Planet?How would these compare to an older Creek, a Cal Icon mk. II, Micromega, or old-style Planet all available for around $400 or less? Or anything else worth hearing for the same money?--Eric
davidfPosted: 27 October 2000Last Updated: 27 October 2000
I noticed that the info on BASE stands is no longer on the naim website- why was it removed? Does this mean that naim is going to be producing it`s own stands? Does BASE have it`s own website? Anybody have any answers? david.