Hi-Fi Corner

MontyWPosted: 22 October 2000Last Updated: 22 October 2000
Help! I am considering upgrading my present system: LP12 - Akito - Klyde, 3.5/flatcap/92/flatcap 90 & Linn Tukan speakers. I have £1500 to spend and I'd like some advice on potentail combinations of upgrades to dem. Cheers, Dave Greenwood
Bob EdwardsPosted: 15 October 2000Last Updated: 22 October 2000
Hey all--Am about to acquire a Troika in very good condition with a fair bit of life left in it. Once it is time to redo it, who does the best musical job ? I had a Karma retipped by Benz and it was very mediocre. On the old forum there was, I seem to...
Roger RidleyPosted: 24 September 2000Last Updated: 22 October 2000
I'm considering purchasing a Rega Planet, Naim 92/90 and Royd Doublet speakers combination. Can anyone tell me how well this combination is likely to work together? Haven't been able to find out much about the Doublets.
davidfPosted: 15 October 2000Last Updated: 21 October 2000
I have just acquired an 82 to replace my 102 with supercap. Also using cdx/lp12/nat01 with linn 5140 speakers and 5150 sub. After 48 hours with the 82 I have some initial impressions- must bear in mind I have been told the 82 can take weeks to...
Bob EdwardsPosted: 21 October 2000Last Updated: 21 October 2000
Hey all--Has anyone else tried the Aurios isolation bearings ? I just visited my dealer who demmed them for me under a LP12 and P3. I have now heard a isolation device that substantially improves the music coming out of the table. (We compared it to a...
PPosted: 14 October 2000Last Updated: 21 October 2000
Can anyone offer any suggestions for optimising the slam and weightiness of my Credos? Speaker placement has been tried but to no avail.I'm a little curious as to the internal white wool and it's real purpose ( I'm really not one for blind...
AlcoPosted: 15 October 2000Last Updated: 20 October 2000
Hi folks.I'm having some trouble when listening to my tuner on my Nait-2. At low (late-night) volume-level the sound is going to one channel, the moreI turn down the volume. This can be a little frustrating at times. The same with using CD.With CD the...
Doug GrahamPosted: 19 October 2000Last Updated: 20 October 2000
Big shout going out to all you northern forum members.Did you know that this w/end Acoustica of Chester are hosting their second Hi-Fi Show at the Queens hotel in Chester. Amongst ourselves attending there will be around 20 other manufacturers playing...
KeithPosted: 18 October 2000Last Updated: 20 October 2000
Views about the degree of improvement from the older model with dedicated power supply to the supercap supply?At present using CDI 82 2hicaps and SBLThanks Keith
Richard PagetPosted: 19 October 2000Last Updated: 20 October 2000
Just a few postlets----(from the artist formerly known as Byronbay)Thanks for your collective help on my previous posts--a)Bought the CDI --Most impressed--in the same postcode as my LP12--less detail and imagerybut perhaps more slam on rock(cheap...
Adrian F.Posted: 20 October 2000Last Updated: 20 October 2000
Hi everyone!Music sounds good as usual, but the balance does not react on remote signals.Everything else works remotely (volume, mute, mono, inputs).I switched the Super-Cap off and plugged the NAPSC out for about 15 minutes to do a "full reset", but...
wal rileyPosted: 17 October 2000Last Updated: 20 October 2000
If anyone's interested, there's a hi-fi show at the Queens Hotel in Chester (by the train station), on Sunday 22nd october. It's been arranged by Jeff Coleman of Acoustica (anyone know him?) and is £3 entrance from about 10:30 a.m. Last years...
Greg BeattyPosted: 29 September 2000Last Updated: 19 October 2000
OK - This is really weird.I got a mass-mailed thingy and it appears that Listener magazine is now being run by a publication company with Art still on as Editor.A foreseeable risk of such a move is that the publication company may not 'get it'. The...
Bob EdwardsPosted: 03 October 2000Last Updated: 19 October 2000
Hey all---Does anyone else ever look back at when we started out--with a LP12, Nait 1 and Kans or variations on the above--and wonder if it all wasn't more fun that way ? I have swapped email with a couple folks who seem to agree and am curious if...
Darren MillerPosted: 19 October 2000Last Updated: 19 October 2000
You create a thread and it magically disappears. Darren Miller
Arye_GurPosted: 14 October 2000Last Updated: 17 October 2000
Most of the members here are owning such expensivesystems that it makes me green of jealous.Arn't here any members who don't know if to by a Rotel instead of CD5, An Arcam instead of Nait5,Rega or Kef instead of Credo ?Arie
Mike HansonPosted: 15 October 2000Last Updated: 17 October 2000
I don't have much time to post this note. I just wanted to give you a quick report from the front. I've heard Vuk's system with the Mana Reference Table (a.k.a. Phase 2). Here are my basic observations.When I first arrived, Vuk's P9 was on the Mana....
Don BraidPosted: 17 October 2000Last Updated: 17 October 2000
If you want to complain directly about crashes, error messages and stone-age software to our tormentors at Infopop, e-mail to sales@infopop.comI just did. It was very satisfying.Don
Jon MoxonPosted: 04 October 2000Last Updated: 17 October 2000
OK, so many people have said such good things about it that I accept that it isn't, but so far I’m very disappointed.I’ve been running a lingo/ittok into 82/140/kef Q30s with very good results.Anyway, about a month ago I replaced my 10X4...
guy bateyPosted: 16 October 2000Last Updated: 16 October 2000
Could someone explain what the original term 'flat earth' means/meant in relation to Naim gear? Does it mean a particualr set of audio values or priorities?
bob athertonPosted: 11 October 2000Last Updated: 16 October 2000
Hi,I am just about to get another Hi-cap, this now makes 3(!) I want to give it a good 'warm up' before installing it in my system.All that I have to hand is a friend's 42, not 42.5. He has a 4 pin SNAIC as well. will this work with a Hi-cap, and if...
Simon JenkinsPosted: 25 September 2000Last Updated: 15 October 2000
Just thought I would let you know that I am know the proud owner of a pair of IBL's, and they sound great. Haven't had a chance to set them up properly yet so am hoping they will sound better still when they do. Simon
Don BraidPosted: 15 October 2000Last Updated: 15 October 2000
I finally heard an MP3 audio clip played through a Naim system. A friend has his portable plugged directly into his Nait 2. We compared the CD version of Mark Knopfler's Golden Heart with the downloaded clip - both track 3, the Golden Heart song.The...
FangfossFlyerPosted: 15 October 2000Last Updated: 15 October 2000
I have been thinking for some time of putting my kit into another room to the one I listen in.This could potentialy mean that I have only my SBLs in the listening room and my LP12 + NAIM amps in another (possibly under the stairs behind the listening...
Tony LPosted: 13 October 2000Last Updated: 15 October 2000
Anyone know how the frequency bandwidth limiting filter on Naim preamps actually works, and what frequency it kicks in? I have even heard conflicting opinions as to whether it is a high or low pass filter from different people.Just curious…Tony.