Posted on: 05 June 2006 by Guido Fawkes
If I'm ever feeling a bit down then this always cheers me up

Posted on: 05 June 2006 by Nuno Baptista
Nightwish
End of an Era
Posted on: 06 June 2006 by Mr Underhill
Bruce Springsteen: Born to Run
30th Anniversary Ed

Box set that includes live concert with E St. Band at Hammersmith Odeon. LPCM Stereo.

Buy it.Buy it.Buy it.Buy it.Buy it.Buy it. Smile

Martin
Posted on: 07 June 2006 by Mr Underhill
39 Steps.

Hitchcock with Richard Donat.

Seems charmingly innocent, enjoyable and great H touches.

Interesting Hitch Biog in the extras.

Martin
Posted on: 14 June 2006 by Chris Kelly
"Jarhead" from Amazon rental. Not that impressed.
Posted on: 15 June 2006 by Willie Mo
Watched “Leon” last night, one of my all time favourite Films.

The more I watch it the more I appreciate just how good the direction is by Luc Besson.

It is probably the best part that Gary Oldman has ever played, the ultimate in “mad, bad and dangerous to know” villain.
Posted on: 19 June 2006 by Chris Kelly
Had the Cream Reunion DVD on earlier (or even yesterday!) just to show off that we made it on to the screen sitting in the front row on the Thursday night! What a feeble claim to fame!
Posted on: 24 June 2006 by u5227470736789439
Does anyone know or remember the film, "Bad Day At Black Rock," which is not a Cowboy and Indian film but a very tense murder thriller? It is available but only in the US. If anyone is interested I thoroughly recomend it.

All the best from Fredrik!
Posted on: 25 June 2006 by DellboyOne
quote:
Originally posted by Fredrik_Fiske:
Does anyone know or remember the film, "Bad Day At Black Rock," which is not a Cowboy and Indian film but a very tense murder thriller? It is available but only in the US. If anyone is interested I thoroughly recomend it.

All the best from Fredrik!

Bad Day at Black Rock(1955)is regarded as a classic.

Spencer Tracy as the one armed stranger is fantastic.
Posted on: 25 June 2006 by Mr Underhill
Blythe Spirit.

Directed by David Lean, produced by Noel Coward & based on his play.

Stars Rex Harrison and the youngest Margerate Rutherford I've seen on film.

Bought from HMV on sale for £2.99.

The word I'd use is charming. Some very witty lines and an enjoyable couple of hours.

Martin
Posted on: 25 June 2006 by Mr Underhill
quote:
Originally posted by DellboyOne / Fredrik_Fiske: Bad Day at Black Rock.

Ordered. Thx.

Martin
Posted on: 25 June 2006 by Paul Downs
Hysteria - The Def Leppard Story.

Made for TV film.

Pretty good for what it is. You'd obviously have to be a fan, like me to even bother, but well worth it if you do !

P.
Posted on: 04 July 2006 by u5227470736789439
Are the classic cartoons like Tom and Jerry and Woody Woodpecker on DVD? These are timeless, and always good for a spirit lifting experience!

Fredrik
Posted on: 04 July 2006 by Mark R
Hi Fredrik,

If you're a Fred Quimby-era fan, you should look for the crop of "Classic Collection" Tom and Jerry cartoons that are available. As an example, Amazon (UK) carry them here.

-Mark.
Posted on: 05 July 2006 by Frank Abela
Recently watched Underworld: Evolution. If you didn't like Underworld, you won't like this. If you liked Underworld, the sequel is better, not least because there's a tad more flesh on show in the sequel! Smile

Seems to me like a very well put together DVD (but another one with no DTS darn it).
Posted on: 05 July 2006 by Frank Abela
And at the movies, we went to see Over The Hedge, which is absolutely brilliant, hilarious, just excellent.

Go see it, you won't regret it.
Posted on: 06 July 2006 by Tam
Been enjoying the fruits of HMV's summer sale in the form of season one of House (great fun to watch Hugh Laurie playing seriously precisely the kind of character he and Fry lampooned so brilliantly a few years ago) and, at the weekend, Mr and Mrs Smith (rather enjoyable).

regards, Tam
Posted on: 08 July 2006 by Alan Paterson
Inspiral Carpets - Live at Brixton Academy
Posted on: 11 July 2006 by Chris Kelly
Last night watched "Pulse" the new Pink Floyd double DVD. Awesome, as our friends acroos the water might say.
Posted on: 11 July 2006 by Trevor
Got my copy this morning - Looking forward to a Great night in...
Posted on: 11 July 2006 by Mr Underhill
Chris/Trevor,

Does it have an LPCM stereo track?

On play it just shows DD 5.1 & stereo.

Thx,

Martin
Posted on: 12 July 2006 by Trevor
Strange DVD ... The Aspect Ratio is 4:3 where I would have thought a stage would make the ideal 16:9 ratio.
There are 2 audio tracks a DD5.1 @448kbs and a DD5.1 @640kbs for the concerts only. The latter has to be selected in the start menu and does sound very good. The picture quality is also ace. All round a great DVD well worth waiting for.
Posted on: 12 July 2006 by Mr Underhill
Munch / Trevor,

Confused!

Munch you have appended a 'yes it does' to my question - BUT then Trevor says that there are two 5.1 soundtracks!

Can one/both of you confirm the position for me before I order it.

Thx,

Martin
Posted on: 13 July 2006 by Trevor
Martin,

Sorry didn't look down the menu far enough. There are 2 DD5.1 sound tracks as I mentioned and a Stereo soundtrack.
If you like or have ever liked Pink Floyd this is a must have DVD. A True Masterpiece.

Trevor
Posted on: 13 July 2006 by Polarbear
Pink Floyds Pulse.

Excellent!