What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested? (Vol. XIV)

Posted by: Richard Dane on 31 December 2017

On the eve of a new year, it's time for a new thread. 

Last year's thread can be found here:

https://forums.naimaudio.com/to...sted-vol-xiii?page=, 

Posted on: 30 December 2018 by ewemon

Deep Purple

Posted on: 30 December 2018 by Stevee_S
Eoink posted:
al9315 posted:

Ripped CD -  think I got this one from here (thanks!) - not a band I have ever listened to, but this is a really good album !

Any more recommendations ?

Argus is probably their finest album, certainly the most popular. After that, have a listen to their first album Wishbone Ash, There’s the Rub, and Live Dates.

I agree with all of  Eoin's recommendations and would add Pilgrimage  to his list.

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by Clive B
ewemon posted:

That's the way to start the last day of the year! Just turned on the Radikal and getting my copy out now.

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by jatrt21

I’ve been a Wishbone fan since the early 70’s and while Argus is their most notable album I’ve always had a soft spot for Wishbone Four - some of which is performed live on Live Dates. The studio album is much more acoustic and folky - last album with Ted Turner before Laurie Wisefield added his pizazz. Later albums which are worth a listen are Front Page News  and Just Testing (the latter produced by Nigel Gray fresh from his Police success)

incidentally There’s The Rub was produced in Miami by Bill Skymzyck prior to him going into the studio with The Eagles for Hotel California. I wonder where Walsh and Felder got the idea of twin lead guitars?

jatr

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by Dan Steel

Double vinyl released 2007 - Bingham’s first studio album, and a fine one too. ????

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by Jeroen20

Ingrid Fliter - Chopin: Preludes

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by Richard Dane

A new thread starts here:

https://forums.naimaudio.com/t...be-interested-vol-xv