What was the last vinyl you bought?

Posted by: apye! on 18 January 2011

As the original post is no more I thought I would start a new one.

Arrived today in the post:

Posted on: 31 October 2018 by kevin J Carden
elverdiblanco posted:
kevin J Carden posted:
elverdiblanco posted:

Autographed copy bought from the merch stall at his Bexhill gig last week

I was at that gig too Elver. He was in fine form I thought. 

Indeed he was. I've been to a few gigs in the De La Warr and the sound there is usually very good but the hum between songs was both unusual for that venue and a bit annoying.

Yeah, I thought it was his Matchless Amps making that noise, but maybe it was something in the PA. Agreed, it’s unusual to hear that. 

Posted on: 31 October 2018 by tonyi
Graham Russell posted:
tonyi posted:

Woman to Woman,

Judie Tzuke, Beverley Craven, Julia Fordham.

Just released

What do you think? I'm seeing them next Monday in Guildford

If it's the same as the record, it's some of there old songs with all three backing.   Seems like they will be singing their old favourites as well.. I'm an old Judie fan really with her earlier records not so much her newer versions but I enjoyed this as a relaxing evening listen, could clearly here their individual voices. They're not coming close to me so I won't be seeing them. Hope you enjoy the show.

Tony

Posted on: 01 November 2018 by elverdiblanco

Signed copy from the merch stall at their gig last night at the O2 Brixton Academy

Posted on: 01 November 2018 by simon, but not simple

Image result for jon hopkins singularity

Jon Hopkins - Singularity

Posted on: 01 November 2018 by Bob the Builder

R-3765099-1372778794-3606.jpegR-3765099-1404475329-9829.jpeg

Miles Davis & Sonny Stitt - Live in Stockholm 1960 - Vinyl 1st Press 1986 Dragon Records Sweden

Posted on: 02 November 2018 by Kevin-W

Bob Dylan has arrived at my house:

Posted on: 02 November 2018 by naim_nymph

On the way - be here tomorrow:

LP - PIAS Recordings 2018

Dead Can Dance - Dionysus 

Side 1.  Act I: Sea Borne/Liberator of Minds/Dance of the Bacchantes 
Side 2. Act II: The Mountain/The Invocation/The Forest/Psychopomp 
Posted on: 03 November 2018 by kevin J Carden

Expensive day out at Audio Show East and the delights and temptations of Theme One Records. Top 6 are all new reissues. The bottom 3 cost a total of £12..

Posted on: 06 November 2018 by PSAN

Elvis Costello w/Burt Bacharach - Painted from Memory (on Mofi)

David Sylvian - Dead Bees on a Cake

Posted on: 06 November 2018 by tonyi
Graham Russell posted:
tonyi posted:

Woman to Woman,

Just released

what do you think? I'm seeing them next Monday in Guildford

Graham, what did you think of the show ? 

Posted on: 06 November 2018 by Gazza

I missed the show in Suffolk a while back at Snape Maltings, feedback from any concert would be good.

Posted on: 06 November 2018 by Graham Russell
tonyi posted:
Graham Russell posted:
tonyi posted:

Woman to Woman,

Just released

what do you think? I'm seeing them next Monday in Guildford

Graham, what did you think of the show ? 

Very good. They each performed many of their own songs with the other 2 backing them. For me the stand out song was "For You", awesome live.
I've seen Beverley Craven twice before and Judy Tzuke once in a very small intimate acoustic environment. I'm a massive fan of Julia Fordham and this was the first time I've seen her. Her voice was just as stunning as on her records.

Posted on: 08 November 2018 by Richard Dane

I'm about 3 or 4 years late to this one, but better late than never!  What a great album!  David Crosby - Croz. Two of the tracks cut at 45 rpm on side 4 is a nice touch too - much  better than just leaving the last side blank or with some kind of etching, as seems to be the fashion these days.  This one was cut by Doug Sax and pressed on two thick (but flat and centred) slabs of 200g vinyl. Sound quality is really excellent too.

On this kind of form I've now just ordered his latest LP.

Posted on: 08 November 2018 by Gazza

Richard, the new one is good too. He seems to be on a roll after not really doing much in the way of solo material. The album CROZ is recorded and written with his son who he was reunited with a while back after not seeing him for 30 years or so, apparently adopted shortly after birth. Making up for lost time.

Posted on: 08 November 2018 by Florestan

Mozart:  Seong-Jin Cho | Yannick Nezet-Seguin

Piano Concerto No. 20 K 466 | Piano Sonatas K 281 & K 332

Posted on: 08 November 2018 by Florestan

Beethoven:  Alexandre Tharaud, piano

Piano Sonatas Opus 110 & 111

Posted on: 09 November 2018 by Bob the Builder

R-9402988-1479937651-5834.jpeg

Abbey Rd Half Speed Remaster of the fantastic and beautiful Amy Winehouse's Back to Black.

R-2593582-1292182713.jpeg

Chet Baker Trio - Daybreak 

The final piece of my Chet Baker SteepleChase collection and what a great record.

IMG_2992

R-3469344-1414079645-7115.jpegR-3469344-1414079641-6918.jpeg

And the final piece to my Chet Baker at Criss Cross records

Chet Baker Trio featuring Phillip Catherine - Chet's Choice.

This one is still in the post so I haven't heard it yet but if his other two on this label are anything to go by I'm in for a treat.

Posted on: 09 November 2018 by Premmyboy
Richard Dane posted:

I'm about 3 or 4 years late to this one, but better late than never!  What a great album!  David Crosby - Croz. Two of the tracks cut at 45 rpm on side 4 is a nice touch too - much  better than just leaving the last side blank or with some kind of etching, as seems to be the fashion these days.  This one was cut by Doug Sax and pressed on two thick (but flat and centred) slabs of 200g vinyl. Sound quality is really excellent too.

On this kind of form I've now just ordered his latest LP.

Hi Richard, I have this on vinyl and it’s excellent. Sound quality great as well.

When you get a chance to play his latest record please let me know what you think regards the album itself and also the sound quality. I have been thinking of buying it.

Thanks Prem.

Posted on: 11 November 2018 by antony d

Muse Simulation Theory - the 3 from Devon are back and they are back well, i feel this album has more in common with the sound of thier earlier work

layered vocals, Manson gultar solo's great drum and bass rythem - real thumbs up from me

Posted on: 11 November 2018 by antony d

Thom Yorke - is there NO end to this man's talent??

it's not a easy lisern  but detailed, may be a little ENO like? certainly an album which needs a couple of  plays

Posted on: 12 November 2018 by Matteo

Posted on: 12 November 2018 by Kevin-W

Aw gawd, if I didn't have enough to listen to... now this! Six LPs and a Blu-ray!

Posted on: 12 November 2018 by W12

I’ve bought primal scream Memphis recordings. It prompted me to get around to buying an amplifier and speakers