What was the last vinyl you bought?

Posted by: apye! on 18 January 2011

As the original post is no more I thought I would start a new one.

Arrived today in the post:

Posted on: 27 November 2018 by elverdiblanco

Mogwai - Every Country's Sun

Lovely 180g 2xLP bought from the merch stall at their Brighton Dome gig on Sunday

Posted on: 28 November 2018 by Tony2011

Untitled

2013 - Weather Report - US Reissue of the 1971 original album remastered from the original tapes by Bernie Grundman, pressed on 2 X 180g 45rpm vinyl. Not a fan of remasters but this one is  superbly done and it  should give my original copy a deserved break. 

Posted on: 29 November 2018 by rsch

DCD Dionysus box set. There is more speculation day by day. For an item released only a few weeks ago, there are  already sellers either on Discogs and Amazon Marketplace asking  twice the RP. Fortunately i found one of the last on Amazon.it at normal price.

Taking Tiger Mountain 2017  Eu reissue 

Regards

Roberto

Posted on: 29 November 2018 by T38.45
rsch posted:

2018 2x 45rpm reissue

Regards

Roberto

will there be a new remasteringer to download in high-res as well?

Posted on: 29 November 2018 by rsch

According to Discogs there are 256 kbps AAC files available.

Posted on: 29 November 2018 by T38.45

i love high res stuff like 256 kbps AAC and mp3

Posted on: 29 November 2018 by Dan Steel

Posted on: 29 November 2018 by Matteo
Tony2011 posted:

Untitled

2013 - Weather Report - US Reissue of the 1971 original album remastered from the original tapes by Bernie Grundman, pressed on 2 X 180g 45rpm vinyl. Not a fan of remasters but this one is  superbly done and it  should give my original copy a deserved break. 

I have almost all the WR's album in (ripped) cd but none in vinyl ...

... Which album (and which version) in vinyl do you suggest to begin with?

M.

Posted on: 29 November 2018 by Tony2011
Matteo posted:
Tony2011 posted:

Untitled

I have almost all the WR's album in (ripped) cd but none in vinyl ...

... Which album (and which version) in vinyl do you suggest to begin with?

M.

Matteo, I only have two more albums, both original US Columbia pressings which are rather good imo: Heavy Weather (1977) and Sweetnighter(1973). I have not heard any other pressings which to compare to.

I think Heavyweather has also been remastered by BG so, judging by what he’s  done to my recent purchase above, should  be rather good. Perhaps someone who has heard them could chip in with better advice if they have heard both pressings. 

Posted on: 29 November 2018 by Matteo
Tony2011 posted:

Matteo, I only have two more albums, both original US Columbia pressings which are rather good imo: Heavy Weather (1977) and Sweetnighter(1973). I have not heard any other pressings which to compare to.

I think Heavyweather has also been remastered by BG so, judging by what he’s  done to my recent purchase above, should  be rather good. Perhaps someone who has heard them could chip in with better advice if they have heard both pressings. 

Thanks

My favourite are Tale Spinnin' and Black Market though.

I also like the 1976 Jaco Pastorius album.

M.

Posted on: 30 November 2018 by Matteo

Original 1976 US release

Posted on: 01 December 2018 by Bob the Builder

s-l500

New release from Bitty and Sly & Robbie

Posted on: 01 December 2018 by Bob the Builder

s-l1600

Paul Weller - Wild Blue Yonder/Small Personal Fortune/The Start of Forever - UK 1st press 7" single

Posted on: 02 December 2018 by antony d

got this in the post early last week so managed to play couple of times yesterday

first thoughts OUTSTANDING! this is more accoustic side to scream, but with out loosing the music, this has gone straight to my top 3 releases of this year perfect recording - focus - vocals

Jesus has gone straight on to my demo list - it has everthing!

Posted on: 02 December 2018 by fathings cat

That Primal Scream release is excellent

Gary

Posted on: 03 December 2018 by Matteo

Original 1976 US release

Posted on: 04 December 2018 by naim_nymph

LP - Sony Music 2015  [ can't believe it's been over 3 years since release already! ]

2 x LP - UMC 2016  [This album is the film score music - not David Bowie]

3 x LP - Parlophone 2017  [ Live performances from 1978 ]

Posted on: 05 December 2018 by Matteo

Original 1977 US release

Posted on: 05 December 2018 by dayjay

Greta Van Fleet, Anthem Of The Peaceful Army, superb album

Posted on: 06 December 2018 by Matteo
antony d posted:

got this in the post early last week so managed to play couple of times yesterday

first thoughts OUTSTANDING! this is more accoustic side to scream, but with out loosing the music, this has gone straight to my top 3 releases of this year perfect recording - focus - vocals

Got me too (thanks for the suggestion).

I can confirm: awesome

"Free" is my favourite track by margin

M.

Posted on: 06 December 2018 by Gazza
Matteo posted:
antony d posted:

Got me too (thanks for the suggestion).

I can confirm: awesome

"Free" is my favourite track by margin

M.

Great album....Big jet plane for me.

2012 MOV RE 180gr

Posted on: 06 December 2018 by Dan Steel

Released 2017

Released 2018

Molly Burch signed albums from last nights excellent gig at Leaf Liverpool ????

2018 MOV RE 180 gr.

Posted on: 06 December 2018 by Kevin-W

The 2018 Guthrie/Grundman/KB master. Just £16 from the local Sainsbury's (cheaper than anywhere else I'd seen). One of my fave Bushworks, so I'm looking forward to hearing how this sounds.