What was the last vinyl you bought?

Posted by: apye! on 18 January 2011

As the original post is no more I thought I would start a new one.

Arrived today in the post:

Posted on: 12 November 2018 by Ivo B

From a street bazar in Barcelona, Spain. 

Posted on: 13 November 2018 by Richard Dane
Premmyboy posted:
Richard Dane posted:

I'm about 3 or 4 years late to this one, but better late than never!  What a great album!  David Crosby - Croz. Two of the tracks cut at 45 rpm on side 4 is a nice touch too - much  better than just leaving the last side blank or with some kind of etching, as seems to be the fashion these days.  This one was cut by Doug Sax and pressed on two thick (but flat and centred) slabs of 200g vinyl. Sound quality is really excellent too.

On this kind of form I've now just ordered his latest LP.

Hi Richard, I have this on vinyl and it’s excellent. Sound quality great as well.

When you get a chance to play his latest record please let me know what you think regards the album itself and also the sound quality. I have been thinking of buying it.

Thanks Prem.

I gave side One of David Crosby's latest LP, Here If You Listen,  a spin this evening.  I'll post more in due course, once I've had an opportunity to play in its entirety, but so far, really very good indeed, and the SQ is top notch.  It's an LP that's going to get quite a lot of play over the next few weeks and months.

Posted on: 14 November 2018 by Matteo

Posted on: 14 November 2018 by count.d

R.E.M At The BBC. Bit disappointed with the sound quality.

Posted on: 15 November 2018 by Matteo

Posted on: 15 November 2018 by elverdiblanco

New Order - Technique

Inspired to get this after attending their gig at the Ally Pally last week and realising it was one missing from my collection

Posted on: 15 November 2018 by Alley Cat

Can't find the CD I bought, not on Qobuz, is in Apple Music but lossy, very much enjoying the latter:

Sadly I can't remember if I have this on vinyl somewhere or not, though have the CD and love the title song This Strange Engine even if some of the tracks are weak:

Posted on: 15 November 2018 by naim_nymph
Kevin-W posted:

Aw gawd, if I didn't have enough to listen to... now this! Six LPs and a Blu-ray!

Kev, is that set 6 x LP + DVD  ?

(or is it a CD) ?

Looks very tempting! 

Debs

Posted on: 15 November 2018 by Kevin-W
naim_nymph posted:

Kev, is that set 6 x LP + DVD  ?

(or is it a CD) ?

Looks very tempting! 

Debs

Hi Debs - it's a Blu-ray, not a DVD. Has 24/96 stereo, 5.1 mix and DTS Master Audio, plus a 90-minute documentary. All done to a very high standard.

Posted on: 16 November 2018 by Premmyboy
Richard Dane posted:
Premmyboy posted:
Richard Dane posted:

I'm about 3 or 4 years late to this one, but better late than never!  What a great album!  David Crosby - Croz. Two of the tracks cut at 45 rpm on side 4 is a nice touch too - much  better than just leaving the last side blank or with some kind of etching, as seems to be the fashion these days.  This one was cut by Doug Sax and pressed on two thick (but flat and centred) slabs of 200g vinyl. Sound quality is really excellent too.

On this kind of form I've now just ordered his latest LP.

Hi Richard, I have this on vinyl and it’s excellent. Sound quality great as well.

When you get a chance to play his latest record please let me know what you think regards the album itself and also the sound quality. I have been thinking of buying it.

Thanks Prem.

I gave side One of David Crosby's latest LP, Here If You Listen,  a spin this evening.  I'll post more in due course, once I've had an opportunity to play in its entirety, but so far, really very good indeed, and the SQ is top notch.  It's an LP that's going to get quite a lot of play over the next few weeks and months.

Thanks Richard. I will place my order.

Posted on: 16 November 2018 by rsch

2018 2x 45rpm reissue

Regards

Roberto

Posted on: 17 November 2018 by Eoink

Otis Redding, The Definitive Studio Album Collection, 7 albums in a nice boxset from Rhino. Good remasters, excellent pressings, nice presentation, music only, no book. Some of the greatest 3 minutes tracks ever committed to vinyl.

Posted on: 19 November 2018 by antony d

new remastered Vinyl 1 of 2

some comments on another forum they are not a good as the very First EMI pressings, which I don't have so for me this was a real treat - her first 4 remastered with care and attention

if possible from Kate more music, more focus and drive - played back to back yesterday, a very good Sunday!

Posted on: 19 November 2018 by kuma

Posted on: 19 November 2018 by rsch

2018 reissue 2x 45 rpm

2018 reissue 180 gr. 1 lp

2018 reissue 2 x 45 rpm

2018 reissue 180 gr 1 lp

2018 reissue 2 x 45 rpm

2018 reissue 180 gr 1 lp

Regards

Roberto

Posted on: 19 November 2018 by Bob the Builder

MI0000300092

Johnny Clarke - Rockers Time Now - Original Mono 1st press on Virgin Records 1976.

Posted on: 20 November 2018 by Matteo

Posted on: 20 November 2018 by PSAN

Father John Misty:

- God's Favorite Customer

- Pure Comedy

Great albums (with great SQ, too).

Posted on: 22 November 2018 by Kevin-W

Bought last night after seeing her stunning set at Café Oto:

Posted on: 23 November 2018 by Florestan

Destination Rachmaninov:  Daniil Trifonov | Yannick Nezet-Seguin | The Philadelphia Orchestra
Piano Concertos 2 & 4

Posted on: 23 November 2018 by Florestan

Claude Debussy:  Maurizio Pollini, piano
Preludes Books I & II

Posted on: 24 November 2018 by Bob the Builder

s-l1600

The Who - Live At Leeds - Abbey Rd 45rpm Triple Vinyl

Black Friday deal £21.99 at UDiscover.

Posted on: 24 November 2018 by Bob the Builder

R-1446216-1291608863.jpeg

Miles Davis - Porgy and Bess - 1980'1s Vinyl Reissue CBS32188 

Nr Mint condtion £2.99.

Posted on: 25 November 2018 by Bert Schurink

This looks like an interesting product for you guys owning this stuff

Posted on: 25 November 2018 by kuma
Florestan posted:

Claude Debussy:  Maurizio Pollini, piano
Preludes Books I & II

I am delighted that DG is finally issuing Pollini catalogue in vinyl!