What is the latest music you downloaded, what resolution and from where?

Posted by: Stevee_S on 13 January 2014

With more music being downloaded I thought it might be interesting to see what forum members are buying and from where. 

The news that HD Tracks are soon to open an online UK store means that more choice is going to be available to us. The variety and quality of downloadable music we can choose from is expanding, MP3 to 24bit studio Masters at 192kHz and beyond.

So what are you buying and downloading?

Posted on: 02 April 2014 by k
 Just checked their website, they have dropped the price for full albums to 15€ (12.5 pound) and they have the Carmen Gomes album as Flac for 12€ (10 pound).
                                          Flac file

Originally Posted by migo:
Originally Posted by k:

Just got this one from the Sound Liaison Site.(soundliaison.com) Must be brand new, because when I checked the site, this Sunday it was not on yet.

Incredible beautiful and well recorded album. The opening tune, Astor Piazzolla's Oblivion, is so intense and lush, instant goose bumps.Actually sets the mood for the whole album.

Andre Heuvelman is a fantastic trumpet player, I don't recall ever hearing a trumpet sound that beautiful. And I am a big trumpet fan, I got pratically all Miles, Clifford,Chet and Wynton's recordings, this album has a more classical approach, but never the less I find Mr. Heuvelman whom I had never heard of before, up there with Wynton Marsalis. I actually think that Andre Heuvelman has a more beutiful tone.

The Sound Stage is, just as the other albums from this exquisite little company, deep, lush and with  a beautiful decay. It might even be Sound Liaison's best Sounding album, which is quite an achievement since their other albums were already in a class of their own.

I have bought this one too. It is a 24/88.2  Studio Master Download Wav file.

Incredible well recorded and the playing is top notch.And yes ''Oblivion'' is fantastic, but my favorite is ''Incontro'' with the gorgeous cello introduction.

Mr Heuvelmann is a thinking artist, I really like his own comments on the music of the album;

"Sometimes you find what you are not looking for and that is especially true for the music on this album. The music on After Silence crossed my path, by meeting people or visiting places, events taking place or just materializing in my mind, but the one unifying factor for all 11 compositions is that they appeared after a moment of silence. 
Silence is the most important part of my music making. 
Silence is there, foregoing every first note I play. 
Silence being the place for inspiration. 
Silence which lets me start each piece of music as a child hearing it for the first time. 
Silence keeping me from automatically following the beaten path."...... Andre Heuvelman 

There is also a free track available for download on the Sound Liaison site from this album. 

Posted on: 06 April 2014 by Analog74

24/192 downloaded from HD Tracks

Posted on: 06 April 2014 by Bert Schurink

24 bits 48KHZ

24 biuts 96HKZ - like the other ones Qobuz

also 24 bits 96 HKZ - Qobuz

standard CD format - Qobuz

Posted on: 20 June 2014 by Stevee_S

The much recommended band Hungry Lucy. 

Downloading 4 of their albums from Bandcamp.com in FLAC

Total cost £10.89

Posted on: 28 August 2014 by Stevee_S

Hi-Res Studio Master (24/96) from Qobuz using 50% discount code

HD Remastered Editions (24/96) from Qobuz using 50% discount code

Posted on: 28 August 2014 by dayjay

Rush, A Farewell to Kings,  24/96 from Qubuz on Tuesday

Posted on: 29 August 2014 by Peet

Neil Cowley 3:Touch and Flee ( naimlabel.com ) Wav 24/96

Touch and Flee is the new recording from Neil Cowley Trio, and marks a defining moment in the evolution of the band. It is their most daring album to date, spotlighting the ever- increasing brilliance of Cowley as a composer. With band mates Evan Jenkins on drums and Rex Horan on bass, they jump into new territory to present what they describe as "our concert hall record" for an altogether deeper listening journey.

and Batik; The Old Man and the Sea ( soundliaison.com ) WAV 24/96

The 9 pieces of music were performed live in the studio in front of a select audience.The musicians were placed in front of a stereo pair of microphones with additional spot microphones on each instrument. The musicians were playing without headphones, the reason being that we believe that when we get the musicians to play together in the same room, without headphones, it creates a number of musical and technical benefits:

As they are not ''separated'' by the headphones, the musicians, in order to hear each other are forced to create a natural and musical balance, a balance which is then easily captured by the main stereo pair of microphones. Because of the natural and musical balance the need for compression to control levels is no longer necessary. Since everybody is in the same room, the boxed sound which is so common in many modern recordings is absent and the sound of the room helps ''glue'' the sound of the recording.

Posted on: 30 August 2014 by Bert Schurink

At Qobuz 50% discount...

both high res

high res Qobuz...

CD quality Qobuz..

CD quality Qobuz..

Completing the Metheny colletion - CD quality at Qobuz