Music on Special Offer Thread?

Posted by: sjt on 14 December 2016

I am wondering if it would be legit to have a thread in here dedicated to music album downloads from legitimate retailers that are currently on special offer.

As an example I was just looking through the what are you listening to mega thread just now and came across the Melody Gardot record because someone was listening to it. I have wanted this for a while but it was always expensive (about 20 quid). On a whim I went over to a place I usually go to buy music downloads and by a blind stroke of luck it was on special offer at just over half price. Deluxe edition is cheaper than the standard edition! I bought it straight away.

So I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread dedicated to posting albums that are on special offer at the moment with not-so-subtle hints as to where you could get them from, when the offer expires and how much is knocked off etc, so people could see instantly anything that was on special. It would certainly be a thread I would come back to often.

I did a search and couldn't find anything like this in the forum, but usually the searches on these forums are rubbish so this is not a guarantee!

There might need to be a few rules, e.g. the poster has no affiliation with the seller, only legitimate download shops / sites etc.

Just a thought still in the half-bakery...

Posted on: 27 February 2018 by Motel Blues

In similar territory, Qobuz are selling Terry Riley's "In C" in 24/96 for £2.99.

https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/al...-riley/0884977039719

Posted on: 03 March 2018 by Peet

Wonderful recording of Armstrong's music. 5 euro off  introduction offer at: https://www.soundliaison.com/

Posted on: 08 March 2018 by Jeroen20

HDtracks - the sound of the future

http://www.hdtracks.com/hdtrac...-sound-of-the-future

Free sampler from HDtracks in 96/24 resolution.

All recorded with a single microphone, the artists appear right before you with this spacious, lush and multi-dimensional Chesky Records sampler. Now headphone users will hear the same three-dimensional sound and imaging as audiophiles have for the past 25 years with Chesky Recordings. Also these new Binaural+ Series albums capture even more spatial realism for the home audiophile market, bringing you one step closer to the actual event. You will hear some of the most natural and pure music ever recorded.

Posted on: 08 March 2018 by intothevoid
Dave***t posted:

Anyone else having trouble logging into the HDTracks site?

Yes. Their CAPTCHA is broken. I've reported it and they are looking at getting it fixed. 

Posted on: 08 March 2018 by Dave***t

Never mind, managed to get in, so it appears it's fixed.

Posted on: 08 March 2018 by Mike-B

HDT's CAPTCHA is working OK now

Posted on: 08 March 2018 by Dave J

No it’s not

Posted on: 08 March 2018 by Dave J

Now it is. Had to change my password though.

Posted on: 10 March 2018 by Chris G

Bruckner symphonies 1-9 conducted by Nezet-Seguin, on Primephonic.com, CD quality just £7.49!  The bargain of the century!  Just listening to the slow movement of symphony no.8 (my favourite Bruckner symphony).

Posted on: 10 March 2018 by Eoink
Chris G posted:

Bruckner symphonies 1-9 conducted by Nezet-Seguin, on Primephonic.com, CD quality just £7.49!  The bargain of the century!  Just listening to the slow movement of symphony no.8 (my favourite Bruckner symphony).

Thanks Chris, ordered, I’ll download when I get home tomorrow.

Eoin

Posted on: 10 March 2018 by Peet
Peet posted:

Wonderful recording of Armstrong's music. 5 euro off  introduction offer at: https://www.soundliaison.com/

and the wonderful follow up to After Silence; Crystal Tears are on offer for €10

-andre-heuvelman-crystal-tears

'"I began to understand that suffering and disappointments and melancholy are there not to vex us or cheapen us or deprive us of our dignity but to mature and transfigure us". - Hermann Hesse

Posted on: 16 March 2018 by Stampie

Various reductions on Otis Redding at Qobuz - don't know if they have fixed the problems with their payments system though (see separate thread)

Posted on: 16 March 2018 by ChrisSU
Stampie posted:

Various reductions on Otis Redding at Qobuz - don't know if they have fixed the problems with their payments system though (see separate thread)

I don't know which thread/problem you are referring to, but Qobuz recently made off with twenty quid from my bank account - they know it, and have stated that they intend to do nothing about it, so from now on, I don't care how cheap they are - they will be getting no more business from me.

Posted on: 21 March 2018 by Stampie

HDTracks (USA only) have a 10 year birthday sale today - use "HDDECADE25" for 25% off storewide

Posted on: 21 March 2018 by AndyP19

As a consolation to the HDTracks discount code not applying in the UK here's a bargain not quite a special offer but a very reasonable price.

https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/al...-ghedi/5060168041319

I picked up on Jim Ghedi whilst spinning the Mojo Nick Drake cover CD. He reminds me of Adrian Legg and more recently Daniel Backman.

Beautifully produced guitar album.

Posted on: 23 March 2018 by Motel Blues

Not necessarily a special offer, but Presto Classical (and nobody else) are selling this Miles Davis box that in 24-bit form works out at about half the price of buying the individual titles from Qobuz.

https://www.prestoclassical.co...ic-albums-collection

Posted on: 08 April 2018 by sjt

I got King Crimson Live in Vienna high res £5.49 on 7digital. Other places are about £15. I saw after I bought it that 7digital went a bit funny on this record, and I couldn't select it, but its the same price on onkyomusic (which looks like 7digital underneath).

Its rather good as well!

Posted on: 08 April 2018 by AndyP19
sjt posted:

I got King Crimson Live in Vienna high res £5.49 on 7digital. Other places are about £15. I saw after I bought it that 7digital went a bit funny on this record, and I couldn't select it, but its the same price on onkyomusic (which looks like 7digital underneath).

Its rather good as well!

Had the same issue here with 7digital then tried Onkyomusic which as you say seems to be a front for 7digital given login details the same but they didn't like my PayPal details.

This is a great set and content and not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, just after a futher preview not sure I'm sold on Jakko's vocals.

Posted on: 08 April 2018 by AndyP19
AndyP19 posted:
sjt posted:

Its rather good as well!

Had the same issue here with 7digital then tried Onkyomusic which as you say seems to be a front for 7digital given login details the same but they didn't like my PayPal details.

This is a great set and content and not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, just after a futher preview not sure I'm sold on Jakko's vocals.

7digital link back up now and well 30 tracks of 24bit for a fiver and it's Fripp...

Posted on: 09 April 2018 by Yetizone

Qobuz: "The Finesse of High Resolution" Exclusive offer until May 9th. Not huge savings, but some good titles in there.

Posted on: 10 April 2018 by Alley Cat
Yetizone posted:

Qobuz: "The Finesse of High Resolution" Exclusive offer until May 9th. Not huge savings, but some good titles in there.

What's annoying with this compared to other offers they put on is that prices seem to be the same for all users -Sublime (and I assume Sublime Plus) plan members are not getting discounts on top as normal - I hope this is not a trend going forwards.  I've got a bad feling about Qobuz.

Posted on: 10 April 2018 by ChrisSU
Alley Cat posted:
Yetizone posted:

What's annoying with this compared to other offers they put on is that prices seem to be the same for all users -Sublime (and I assume Sublime Plus) plan members are not getting discounts on top as normal - I hope this is not a trend going forwards.  I've got a bad feling about Qobuz.

I've seen a few Qobuz offers that were cheaper for non-subscribers!

Posted on: 10 April 2018 by Innocent Bystander
Alley Cat posted:
Yetizone posted:

As a non-subsciber (because I don’t buy enough to justify), I don’t find that annaying at all!

Innocent Bystander posted:
Alley Cat posted:
Yetizone posted:

As a non-subsciber (because I don’t buy enough to justify), I don’t find that annaying at all!

No, but you don't gain anything either.

Sublime/Sublime Plus plan members who pay annually get 30-60% off most of the HD catalogue (but oddly nothing off if an item is available CD Quality only which has prevented me buying and getting the CD instead).

With prior offers, everyone got reduced prices so a non-subscriber would still get good deals, just that the annual plan members seem not to be getting additional discount this time around - if this continues one of the perks of being an annual plan member is reduced in value.

Just noticed these are all Sony offerings - maybe that's the reason.