Music on Special Offer Thread?

Posted by: sjt on 14 December 2016

I am wondering if it would be legit to have a thread in here dedicated to music album downloads from legitimate retailers that are currently on special offer.

As an example I was just looking through the what are you listening to mega thread just now and came across the Melody Gardot record because someone was listening to it. I have wanted this for a while but it was always expensive (about 20 quid). On a whim I went over to a place I usually go to buy music downloads and by a blind stroke of luck it was on special offer at just over half price. Deluxe edition is cheaper than the standard edition! I bought it straight away.

So I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread dedicated to posting albums that are on special offer at the moment with not-so-subtle hints as to where you could get them from, when the offer expires and how much is knocked off etc, so people could see instantly anything that was on special. It would certainly be a thread I would come back to often.

I did a search and couldn't find anything like this in the forum, but usually the searches on these forums are rubbish so this is not a guarantee!

There might need to be a few rules, e.g. the poster has no affiliation with the seller, only legitimate download shops / sites etc.

Just a thought still in the half-bakery...

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by naim_nymph

Although it's listed as 'Vinyl', the header says:

Deja Vu CD

plus the picture image is CD format 

got my doubts...

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by naim_nymph
Dan Steel posted:

Typical Amazon, probably end up sending me ABBA

If they send you 'Abba - Arrival'  you will really enjoy track 4 on side A  

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by Dan Steel
naim_nymph posted:
Dan Steel posted:

More like track 8 ????????????

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by Eoink
Dan Steel posted:
naim_nymph posted:
Dan Steel posted:

I do hope you both had to Google the track listings (although I must admit to a great love for ABBA).

I’ve also joined the Déjà vu lucky dip on the river. I await with interest to see what arrives  on Friday.

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by Tony2011
naim_nymph posted:

Deja Vu CD

got my doubts...

Here is my order:

Untitled

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by Dan Steel
Eoink posted:
Dan Steel posted:
naim_nymph posted:
Dan Steel posted:

I do hope you both had to Google the track listings (although I must admit to a great love for ABBA).

I’ve also joined the Déjà vu lucky dip on the river. I await with interest to see what arrives  on Friday.

Great band????

Posted on: 03 January 2019 by Eoink
Tony2011 posted:
naim_nymph posted:

Deja Vu CD

got my doubts...

Here is my order:

Untitled

Mine has just arrived. It's smaller and more silver than a normal vinyl album, and seems to be a bit short on grooves. As it happens, I don't have a digital copy, so I'll keep the CD, but for those of you who wanted the vinyl, I suspect a return will be in order.

Posted on: 03 January 2019 by Dan Steel
Eoink posted:
Tony2011 posted:
naim_nymph posted:

Deja Vu CD

got my doubts...

Here is my order:

Untitled

Mine has just arrived. It's smaller and more silver than a normal vinyl album, and seems to be a bit short on grooves. As it happens, I don't have a digital copy, so I'll keep the CD, but for those of you who wanted the vinyl, I suspect a return will be in order.

Apologies to all, looks like Amazon cocked up again. I had a mail from them assuring me that it was definitely the vinyl. I will be contacting them again when my shaving mirror arrives tomorrow. ????

Posted on: 03 January 2019 by Tony2011
Dan Steel posted:
Eoink posted:
Tony2011 posted:
naim_nymph posted:

Deja Vu CD

got my doubts...

Here is my order:

Untitled

Apologies to all, looks like Amazon cocked up again. I had a mail from them assuring me that it was definitely the vinyl. I will be contacting them again when my shaving mirror arrives tomorrow. ????

Yep. I got the silver thingy as well. Started the return process and was told to keep it and they’ll issue a refund. Oh, well, no harm done and I got a brand new CD. Off to ripping  it to the NAS.

Posted on: 05 January 2019 by Dan Steel

This vinyl delight is going for £9.99 on the river.

Hope they don’t send the CD. ????

Posted on: 05 January 2019 by Happy Listener

Having just scanned some CDs and Vinyl on Amazon, it appears they are now co-listing a lot of stuff e.g. if you search for MoFi issuances and get a list up, if you then select the vinyl option, it may not be the MoFi version (to be fair the picture on the screen changed). This also introduces some uncertainty around what product you might be getting via the 'Other Sellers' route.

So if you're after (as I often am) a specific issuance, it seems it may be harder to locate via the search function, with an obvious need to read the product detailing below rather than relying on the product headlines.

Posted on: 13 January 2019 by Dougie Danger

Lisa Stansfield "Deeper" Double 180g vinyl £8.99 on Amazon

Posted on: 13 January 2019 by Dougie Danger
Dan Steel posted:

This vinyl delight is going for £9.99 on the river.

Hope they don’t send the CD. ????

My £9.99 vinyl copy was delivered this morning. Happy days