Music on Special Offer Thread?

Posted by: sjt on 14 December 2016

I am wondering if it would be legit to have a thread in here dedicated to music album downloads from legitimate retailers that are currently on special offer.

As an example I was just looking through the what are you listening to mega thread just now and came across the Melody Gardot record because someone was listening to it. I have wanted this for a while but it was always expensive (about 20 quid). On a whim I went over to a place I usually go to buy music downloads and by a blind stroke of luck it was on special offer at just over half price. Deluxe edition is cheaper than the standard edition! I bought it straight away.

So I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread dedicated to posting albums that are on special offer at the moment with not-so-subtle hints as to where you could get them from, when the offer expires and how much is knocked off etc, so people could see instantly anything that was on special. It would certainly be a thread I would come back to often.

I did a search and couldn't find anything like this in the forum, but usually the searches on these forums are rubbish so this is not a guarantee!

There might need to be a few rules, e.g. the poster has no affiliation with the seller, only legitimate download shops / sites etc.

Just a thought still in the half-bakery...

Posted on: 03 November 2018 by Nick Lees

This weekend only. 

Hugh Hopper - Hopper Tunity Box. Fine Canterbury solo album. 

Go here: Bandcamp Link

Enter the $10 asking price and the Discount Code of FIVE and it's yours for $5 (plus tax)

Posted on: 04 November 2018 by Peet

TETTERO Plays Eddie Harris & Les McCann

introduction offer; https://www.soundliaison.com/i...ie-harris-les-mccann

Excellent funky project from the guitarist from Carmen Gomes.

As usually very well recorded by Sound Liaison.  

Posted on: 07 November 2018 by AndyP19

A bit of a blip on pricing I think - the new Dead Can Dance - album Dionysus 24bit on 7 digital at £2.58

Posted on: 07 November 2018 by Nick Lees
AndyP19 posted:

A bit of a blip on pricing I think - the new Dead Can Dance - album Dionysus 24bit on 7 digital at £2.58

Streamed it last night and thought it very good, so that’s just brilliant timing Andy. Thanks!

Posted on: 07 November 2018 by Gavin B
AndyP19 posted:

Grabbed that one! I wonder if there's some sort of auto-pricing thing going on, and it comes out so low because there's only two (albeit long) tracks?

Posted on: 08 November 2018 by sjt
AndyP19 posted:

Great - thanks very much for the tip off!

Posted on: 09 November 2018 by TK421

Just purchased The Doors Complete Studio Albums (79 tracks) 24 bit from 7 Digital - £22.99.

Which seems odd as they want £40.49 for MP3 and £52.49 for 16 bit.

It's a steal.

Posted on: 09 November 2018 by AndyP19

It's a steal.

I think the crime is that you get discs 7 & 8 with this set - good luck with those 

Posted on: 10 November 2018 by Gavin B
TK421 posted:

Just purchased The Doors Complete Studio Albums (79 tracks) 24 bit from 7 Digital - £22.99.

It's a steal.

Can’t spot the hi-res version. Is it still there?

Posted on: 10 November 2018 by Bert Schurink

Some of the recent discounts on Qobuz are not helping in high res as they don’t give the discount to Sublime or Sublime+ customers, a missed opportunities. For me only an advantage when in standard cd quality, like my today’s buys.

Posted on: 10 November 2018 by Toe
Gavin B posted:
TK421 posted:

It's a steal.

Can’t spot the hi-res version. Is it still there?

Uncheck all filters except 24 bit, then press view all.

Can't see anywhere to change the filters - on iPad or PC.

Posted on: 10 November 2018 by Motel Blues
Gavin B posted:

Does this help? https://www.7digital.com/artis...46977?f=12%2C16%2C17

Motel Blues posted:
Gavin B posted:

Yes, thank you, although it'd be nice to know how to see / use the filters!

Posted on: 10 November 2018 by Motel Blues
Gavin B posted:
Motel Blues posted:
Gavin B posted:

Yes, thank you, although it'd be nice to know how to see / use the filters!

You have to search first before the option to filter the results displays. Working for me on an iPhone, although I appreciate that doesn’t help you much.

Posted on: 10 November 2018 by TK421

Hi Gavin,

I have just checked and it's definitely still there, 24 bit FLAC at £22.99 for 79 tracks in total.

I'm listening to the first album now and I still maintain it's a steal. Even if only 6 of the albums are any good, still excellent VFM.

ATB,

Mike

TK421 posted:

Hi Gavin,

I have just checked and it's definitely still there, 24 bit FLAC at £22.99 for 79 tracks in total.

I'm listening to the first album now and I still maintain it's a steal. Even if only 6 of the albums are any good, still excellent VFM.

ATB,

Mike

Just transferring the files to my QNAP at the moment!

Motel Blues posted:
You have to search first before the option to filter the results displays. Working for me on an iPhone, although I appreciate that doesn’t help you much.

That's what I'm doing, but I still don't see the filters! The search results pop up and allow me to choose between track, album or artist, and then I select the artist. It then lists tracks, albums and EPs, but I can't see any option to filter the results. Can anyone post a screen shot?

Ah! Got it now! When the initial search box comes up, you need to click on View Search Results.

Gavin,

Ignore the search results that drop down. When you have typed in the artist e.g. the doors, press return on your keyboard or press the magnifying glass in the search box. What comes up is usually a small selection of available music. You can then press view all or untick the filter boxes as required then press apply followed by view all.

My typing took too long!

Posted on: 10 November 2018 by Erich
Bert Schurink posted:

Some of the recent discounts on Qobuz are not helping in high res as they don’t give the discount to Sublime or Sublime+ customers, a missed opportunities. For me only an advantage when in standard cd quality, like my today’s buys.

Bert,  Sometimes I have seen that the discount is applied when checking out.  Give it a try to check.  If not, just don't continue with payment.

Posted on: 12 November 2018 by Alley Cat
Bert Schurink posted:

I emailed them some months ago as offers for CD quality/HiRes generally had the supplemental Sublime/Sublime + dscounts applied too - now many offers do not also discount the Sublime/Sublime+ price and there are literally pennies between hi-res offer and hi-res Sublime costs - in reality this has prevented me buying many albums as it's not really an offer as a Sublime subscriber.  Perhaps a bit worrying if they are prepared to alienate the Sublime/Sublime+ user base.

Posted on: 12 November 2018 by Alley Cat
Richard Morris posted:
Alley Cat posted:

Don't hesitate. Some of the finest music ever made.

Offer still there and looks good.

One thing I've realised with Juno downloads is while there are many true bargains, some seem good but aren't in reality.

For example, the other day I spotted a Ministry of Sound 'Country Gold' compilation which is advertised as £99.60 (crossed out), down to £12.49.

Bargain you might think but only as the album cost is based on 60 tracks at £1.66 each.

The CD version if £7 on the famous river.

Posted on: 13 November 2018 by Harry

Qobuz Sublime offers a discount on HiRes for "a large part of the catalogue".  And from what I've seen, it's a big catalogue. If they offered a discount for "all of the catalogue" there would be grounds for complaint. Always read the small print.