Music on Special Offer Thread?

Posted by: sjt on 14 December 2016

I am wondering if it would be legit to have a thread in here dedicated to music album downloads from legitimate retailers that are currently on special offer.

As an example I was just looking through the what are you listening to mega thread just now and came across the Melody Gardot record because someone was listening to it. I have wanted this for a while but it was always expensive (about 20 quid). On a whim I went over to a place I usually go to buy music downloads and by a blind stroke of luck it was on special offer at just over half price. Deluxe edition is cheaper than the standard edition! I bought it straight away.

So I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread dedicated to posting albums that are on special offer at the moment with not-so-subtle hints as to where you could get them from, when the offer expires and how much is knocked off etc, so people could see instantly anything that was on special. It would certainly be a thread I would come back to often.

I did a search and couldn't find anything like this in the forum, but usually the searches on these forums are rubbish so this is not a guarantee!

There might need to be a few rules, e.g. the poster has no affiliation with the seller, only legitimate download shops / sites etc.

Just a thought still in the half-bakery...

Posted on: 13 November 2018 by Alley Cat
Harry posted:

Qobuz Sublime offers a discount on HiRes for "a large part of the catalogue".  And from what I've seen, it's a big catalogue. If they offered a discount for "all of the catalogue" there would be grounds for complaint. Always read the small print.

Not sure if you're replying to one of my replies Harry, but if so, I was trying to indicate that the special offers are annoying when an album already has CD/Hi Res/and Sublime Hi Res pricing but only the Hi Res offering is reduced in a sale not the Sublime Hi Res cost which is part of the catalogue offering a reduction for Sublime subscribers - it's happening more of late and makes Sublime less attractive.

Posted on: 13 November 2018 by hungryhalibut

Yes, I’ve noticed that. But as it’s World Happiness Day today, we mustn’t be annoyed!

Posted on: 13 November 2018 by Harry
Alley Cat posted:
Harry posted:

Qobuz Sublime offers a discount on HiRes for "a large part of the catalogue".  And from what I've seen, it's a big catalogue. If they offered a discount for "all of the catalogue" there would be grounds for complaint. Always read the small print.

Not sure if you're replying to one of my replies Harry, but if so, I was trying to indicate that the special offers are annoying when an album already has CD/Hi Res/and Sublime Hi Res pricing but only the Hi Res offering is reduced in a sale not the Sublime Hi Res cost which is part of the catalogue offering a reduction for Sublime subscribers - it's happening more of late and makes Sublime less attractive.

It was more a general comment about "special offers" although it was your post, citing Qobuz's latest attemt to offer something and deliver less, which prompted me. I am wary of this type of behaviour and it doesn't seem to matter how many times different traders dress it up in different ways, they will duck and wriggle in the small print. We shouldn't encourage them. 

Posted on: 13 November 2018 by Eoink
TK421 posted:

Just purchased The Doors Complete Studio Albums (79 tracks) 24 bit from 7 Digital - £22.99.

Which seems odd as they want £40.49 for MP3 and £52.49 for 16 bit.

It's a steal.

Missed that when you posted, it’s still there and downloading to my NAS now, thanks a lot.

Posted on: 19 November 2018 by Richard Morris

Charles Mingus - Jazz in Detroit.

FLAC, £7.99, Over four hours of music.

https://boomkat.com/products/j...rt-gallery-46-seldon

Posted on: 19 November 2018 by Chris_T

Richard, that's wonderful. Thank you. I can never resist Mingus and especially with Don Pullen.

Posted on: 19 November 2018 by Bert Schurink
Richard Morris posted:

Charles Mingus - Jazz in Detroit.

FLAC, £7.99, Over four hours of music.

https://boomkat.com/products/j...rt-gallery-46-seldon

That's a great deal, paid more or less double on Bandcamp..., which is still a great deal...

Alley Cat posted:
Harry posted:

I am also annoyed as it presents a disadvantage for sublime people as now all the others get the sublime discount for free. It would have been right to also reduce the sublime price, at least a little.

At Qobuz

Also at Qobuz...

Posted on: 19 November 2018 by Harry

Qobuz Black Week starting now. Should be wroth a look.

Posted on: 20 November 2018 by Bert Schurink

Qobuz..

Posted on: 20 November 2018 by AndyP19

Oh dear! Yet again Qobuz bring out that ether warehouse full of junk, it's the same old stuff they've been pedalling in the sale for about two years now. The short of stuff that used to be in the sale bin at your local record shop that nobody would touch.

The Pias catalogue is worth a look though, apart from that I struggled to find anything inspiring here.

Posted on: 21 November 2018 by Jeroen20

Sound Liaison Black Friday Sale

All albums will be sold with a 40% reduction during our Black Friday/Cyber Monday Week.

After selecting your purchases enter the coupon code:

blackfriday2018

Posted on: 22 November 2018 by Bert Schurink

Highresaudio.commmmm

Posted on: 23 November 2018 by Richard Dane

For fans of the vinyl LP, Dodax currently have some good deals.  I just picked up John Mayer's Paradise Valley for under £6.  It's a Chris Bellman cut, Optimal pressing, and it also comes with the CD included, which is a nice touch.  I also got Crosby & Nash's Wind on The Water, and Ryan Adam's self titled release, both under a tenner each.

Posted on: 24 November 2018 by Stevee_S

£6.99 inc. delivery, a temporary offer on Amazon prime until all the promotional CDs have gone...

Posted on: 02 December 2018 by Bert Schurink

Christmas Sale at eClassical - daily two albums with 50 percent discount...

Posted on: 14 December 2018 by naim_nymph

Fabulous 16 x CD boxset currently trending at £20.99 Amazon uk 

[ don't dither - it won't stay at that price for long! ]

Posted on: 14 December 2018 by Gazza
naim_nymph posted:

Thanks for the tip off, ordered.

Posted on: 14 December 2018 by AndyP19
Gazza posted:
naim_nymph posted:

Thanks for the tip off, ordered.

Add these two (first and second albums and best of the bunch) and you've pretty much got their wholde catalogue.

https://www.bgo-records.com/pr...re-the-need-of-love/

Posted on: 17 December 2018 by naim_nymph
naim_nymph posted:

Another bargain!

Currently available direct from Amazon uk £19.99  Prime

Di+ or with free postage option by spending over 20 quid

Bargain price deal has ended now - It's gone back to £40+ : (

I guess the bargain price boxset is time out,

gone with the wind,

needed bagging in Brubeck Time : /

Posted on: 17 December 2018 by AndyP19
naim_nymph posted:

Very good indeed.

Yes I saw Kate Bush Part 1 vinyl was down to £66 but now back up again. 

Posted on: 17 December 2018 by Premmyboy
AndyP19 posted:
naim_nymph posted:

Very good indeed.

Yes I saw Kate Bush Part 1 vinyl was down to £66 but now back up again. 

I was lucky and bought Kate Bush Box Set at £66.

Posted on: 21 December 2018 by Bert Schurink

Christmas Sales Highresaudio 15%

Spirit of Turtle 19%