what was the last cd you bought?

Posted by: AL4N on 13 March 2004

after a suggestion,i have split up the old topic into this one and what was your last vinyl purchase.I hope it makes life easier.
so to get things off and running
queen--the highlander sound track
Posted on: 11 November 2018 by musicfan51
Clive B posted:
Bert Schurink posted:

Great album, Bert. It looks like you're filling in some gaps in your Santana collection. I hope you've got Caravaserai - definitely my favourite, which I only discovered from this forum a couple of years ago.

Bert have you bought the new remastered CD of The Beatles White Album? 

Posted on: 11 November 2018 by Kevin-W

The 4-LP edition will have to wait until funds become available. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to diving into this in the coming days...

Kevin-W posted:

The 4-LP edition will have to wait until funds become available. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to diving into this in the coming days...

How do you listen to CDs Kevin ? Naim CD player or ripped CDs through a Naim Streamer? 

Love to know your opinion of these new White album CDs. I put mine on order Friday and will get them Tuesday. 

Posted on: 11 November 2018 by Kevin-W
musicfan51 posted:

How do you listen to CDs Kevin ? Naim CD player or ripped CDs through a Naim Streamer? 

Love to know your opinion of these new White album CDs. I put mine on order Friday and will get them Tuesday. 

Hi [@mention:47746326255127503] - I listen to CDs on an Oppo 205, which is equipped with a serious DAC (it's a brilliant and versatile machine) and which also has the capability to play hi-res files and music Blu-rays, so I will listen to Giles Martin's 2018 mix in 24/96 PCM stereo on Blu-ray and the outakes/Esher demos on CD.

Kevin-W posted:
musicfan51 posted:

Hi [@mention:47746326255127503] - I listen to CDs on an Oppo 205, which is equipped with a serious DAC (it's a brilliant and versatile machine) and which also has the capability to play hi-res files and music Blu-rays, so I will listen to Giles Martin's 2018 mix in 24/96 PCM stereo on Blu-ray and the outakes/Esher demos on CD.

My brother has that player , he is impressed with the 205. I use the 203 for movies only . I use a naim streamer for music . 

Posted on: 11 November 2018 by Bert Schurink
musicfan51 posted:
Clive B posted:
Bert Schurink posted:

Great album, Bert. It looks like you're filling in some gaps in your Santana collection. I hope you've got Caravaserai - definitely my favourite, which I only discovered from this forum a couple of years ago.

Bert have you bought the new remastered CD of The Beatles White Album? 

No I have all Beatles albums, but I am not a real die hard fan, at least not so far. So no need for me to get the improved mastering.

Posted on: 11 November 2018 by Bert Schurink
Clive B posted:
Bert Schurink posted:

Yes I have that one. Now more or less close to complete. While not sure if I need his in between spiritual period. My favorite album is by the way Blues for Salvador.

Posted on: 11 November 2018 by wenger2015

On first listen, absolutely superb 

Posted on: 11 November 2018 by Gazza
Bert Schurink posted:
Clive B posted:
Bert Schurink posted:

Yes I have that one. Now more or less close to complete. While not sure if I need his in between spiritual period. My favorite album is by the way Blues for Salvador.

Try Welcome with santana and John McLaughlin, nice recording of that recently live at Montreux.

Posted on: 12 November 2018 by ted_p

Mark Knopfler

A Shot At Glory

Edward

Posted on: 12 November 2018 by Kevin-W
musicfan51 posted:

My brother has that player , he is impressed with the 205. I use the 203 for movies only . I use a naim streamer for music . 

The 203 and 205 are identical in terms of picture quality - what distinguishes the 205 from its slimmer and less expensive cousin is the quality of its analogue outputs -it has two super high quality DACs, one for stereo and one for multi-channel (up to 7.1). An amazing sounding machine for the money, I think.

Posted on: 12 November 2018 by musicfan51
Kevin-W posted:
musicfan51 posted:

The 203 and 205 are identical in terms of picture quality - what distinguishes the 205 from its slimmer and less expensive cousin is the quality of its analogue outputs -it has two super high quality DACs, one for stereo and one for multi-channel (up to 7.1). An amazing sounding machine for the money, I think.

Yes I am aware of the differences. The 205 is a steal for what it sold for retail. I talked to someone at Oppo shortly after they announced they were going to stop production. He said they did not ask enough money for the 205 but they wanted to keep giving the public a great value (Oppo reputation was great product and great value) and thought they would sell many more than they did . The Volume in sales was not there for the low price it was at . Judging what people are paying for resold versions of 205 , they are correct.   I remember a few complained about the price but then there are always a few that complain about the price . No matter how good a value it is . Oppo 205 is top notch gear . A real shame Oppo has quit producing disc players. 

Posted on: 12 November 2018 by General Munro

Spinning this earlier this evening. 

Posted on: 13 November 2018 by ted_p

Capercaillie

Choice Language

Edward

Posted on: 14 November 2018 by Olek_K

Autechre NTS sessions. I don’t buy cds anymore but couldn’t resist

Posted on: 16 November 2018 by naim_nymph

CD - PIAS 2001 : )

A fusion of house jazz techno-electro, should serve well in the car for music on the drive : )

Debs

Posted on: 16 November 2018 by Clive B

Posted on: 17 November 2018 by Clive B

Posted on: 17 November 2018 by ted_p

Mark Knopfler

Down The Road Wherever Deluxe Edition

Edward

Posted on: 19 November 2018 by Stevee_S

"Light Of The Fearless", Hybrid's latest album.

Posted on: 19 November 2018 by Stevee_S

Spritualized - And Nothing Hurt

Posted on: 23 November 2018 by Jeroen20

Posted on: 23 November 2018 by Jeroen20

Posted on: 23 November 2018 by Florestan

Stravinsky: Violin Concerto | Works for Violin & Piano
Liana Gourdjia, violin | Katia Skanavi, piano | Deutsche Radio Philharmonie | Zsolt Nagy

Posted on: 23 November 2018 by Florestan

Scriabin:  Ludmila Berlinskaya, piano