What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested? (Vol. XV)

Posted by: Richard Dane on 31 December 2018

On the eve of a new year, it's time for a new thread. 

Last year's thread can be found here:

https://forums.naimaudio.com/t...e-interested-vol-xiv

Posted on: 12 January 2019 by Stevee_S

(1992)

Sugar in the Vaseline

A quick trip through some of Talking Heads finest because I've not listened to them in quite a while and this is an easy fix.

Posted on: 12 January 2019 by naim_nymph

LP - Yep Roc Records 2017 : )

Posted on: 12 January 2019 by Tony2011

2011- Miss Harvey never disappoints...

Stevee_S posted:

(1992)

Sugar in the Vaseline

A quick trip through some of Talking Heads finest because I've not listened to them in quite a while and this is an easy fix.

Edit* That should of course be Sand in the Vaseline 

Posted on: 12 January 2019 by Jonners

Not to sure what to kick my "Big Night In" here at Jonners Towers, so I picked an LP at random and it's this debut from The Police and what a corker it is, still my favourite mainly because it's got 3 of their best songs - "So Lonely", "Roxanne" and "Can't Stand Losing You". Shame the production's a bit hit n' miss on some tracks but it's great on the ones that count. Sheer class.

Image result for the police outlandos d'amour vinyl

(1981)

Brian Eno & David Byrne - My Life in the Bush Of Ghosts

Some beats and rhythms on the track Crosseyed and Painless (Talking Heads) that I'd been listening to earlier sparked a memory of this great Eno/Byrne album... naturally I've just had to get it out again to play. 

Posted on: 12 January 2019 by ewemon

Soft rock

Posted on: 12 January 2019 by Dan Steel
ewemon posted:

Soft rock

Is it the Beatles White Album. ????

Posted on: 12 January 2019 by Clive B

Sonny Rollins - at the Village Vanguard

With (mostly) Wilbur Ware (b) and Elvin Jones (d). Recorded 3 November 1957. Although Sonny sounds pretty relaxed during the intros, it's a remarkably creative session. Very enjoyable jazz.

Posted on: 12 January 2019 by Flachead

Great album from a great band... Some  of the lyrics make me chuckle, GSOH, as they say...

Posted on: 12 January 2019 by Haim Ronen

Bobo Stenson: Reflections

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zelU5MC1XvY

Posted on: 12 January 2019 by Nigel 66

Listening to this brilliant live album through some recently purchased Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd gen) headphones. Not only does it sound fantastic, but it takes me back to when I was a kid lying on my parents living room floor listening to LPs through headphones on my Dads stereo. Happy days!

Posted on: 12 January 2019 by MDS
james n posted:

I've not listened to this album in a while and i'd forgotten what a gem it is. A fine debut 

Norah Jones - Come Away With Me

That was my first Norah Jones album and despite many plays I still love it.

M

What lovely album this is. I find myself playing the original and this update. Different but both beautifully immersive.

Pedro the Lion a rock album

Posted on: 12 January 2019 by Nagual

And now for something completely different ????

MDS posted:
james n posted:

I've not listened to this album in a while and i'd forgotten what a gem it is. A fine debut 

M

If you like this try and pick up a copy of the demos she did after signing for Blue Note entitled First Sessions. Some of the trax on the above album are on it but with subtle differences and there is an unreleased number.

Posted on: 12 January 2019 by seakayaker

Now playing...................

Stefano Bollani Trio - Stone In The Water

Stefano Bollani Trio - Stone in the Water

Stefano Bollani (piano), Jesper Bodilsen (double bass) and Morten Lund (drums).

Streaming on NAS........  continuing on with Stefano, enjoy his music quiet a bit and sounding mighty sweet this afternoon!

Posted on: 12 January 2019 by Raider

Some Punk/Ska from 2018.

On Vinyl

Thanks to one of the previous posters for making me dig out the download of the above sessions.

Having just enjoyed the re-take of Tigerlily, I thought I'd play the original. I May Know The Word on this can give me goose-pimples  

Posted on: 12 January 2019 by Raider

Evil Blizzard - The Worst Show On Earth

On Vinyl

ewemon posted:
MDS posted:
james n posted:

M

If you like this try and pick up a copy of the demos she did after signing for Blue Note entitled First Sessions. Some of the trax on the above album are on it but with subtle differences and there is an unreleased number.

Cheers, ewemon. I've found a CD copy, though it has to come from the USA so I'll have a wait 3 weeks for it.

Mike 

Posted on: 12 January 2019 by Pcd
MDS posted:

Having just enjoyed the re-take of Tigerlily, I thought I'd play the original. I May Know The Word on this can give me goose-pimples  

MDS, playing this at the moment superb just ordered a couple more of her albums.

Posted on: 12 January 2019 by ALANP

Brendan Croker - Not Just a Hillbilly.....More Like a Best Of