Posted by: u5227470736789439 on 27 November 2005

Just about to watch the secong half of 'The Odessa File.'

All the best from Fredrik
Posted on: 02 February 2006 by erik scothron
quote:
Originally posted by domfjbrown:
quote:
Originally posted by erik scothron:
'The house of flying daggers' - quite possibly the most visually stunning and achingly beautiful film to watch ever.

Is there an English-dubbed soundtrack on this? I physically can't read subtitles usually, so was glad I was able to hear "Crouching tiger..." on the DVD issue Smile

I had a quick look at what is available on amazon.co.uk and it looks as though only mandarin with english subtitles is available but maybe you could hire it from a video shop and check it out without going to the expense of buying it?
Posted on: 10 February 2006 by Nime
Mostly I has been watching the history of Fyn. Short black and white cine films from about 1900 up to 1960s about the middle bit of Denmark. Fascinating! Warning: No surround sound or LFE!
Posted on: 13 February 2006 by JYOW
Blue Man Group Complex Tour Live - Cool way of making music!
Posted on: 15 February 2006 by Frank Abela
Underworld, yummy...
Posted on: 15 February 2006 by BigH47
Van Helsing. Should get the award for most horror stories in 1 film. Ok but intantly forgetable even with Kate Beckinsale.

Howard
Posted on: 15 February 2006 by HR

I am glad my name is RONEN and not ENRON. What a bunch of arrogant thieves.
Posted on: 21 February 2006 by erik scothron
Thirty two short stories about Glenn Gould - A must for fans.
Posted on: 24 February 2006 by Hammerhead
"The Business". A story of a sarf Landon geezer who takes a shot at the big time by fleeing to the Costa Del Crime to import drugs with a bunch of wide-boy kants, circa 1986/7. Top 80's soundtrack, tasty shag interest, bit 'o gore, loads a facking swearing and some tasty metal. Not to mention a lot of tasteless ST/Fila tracksuits.

[Anorak mode on]
One of the big fish drives an mid 80's silver 928 S2. Problem is though that said prime bit of Porker is wearing a set of Cup 2 rims that only became available from 1994 on the later GTS model. Tut tut.
[Anorak mode off]

Steve
Posted on: 24 February 2006 by Chris Kelly
"Hostage" A very dark and actually very good Bruce Willis film.
Posted on: 24 February 2006 by DellboyOne
I've just watched 'A Bittersweet Life'.

Another fine gangster film from Korea with a cracking DTS soundtrack to test your system with.
Posted on: 25 February 2006 by u5227470736789439
Dear Friends,

I collected the Battle Of Britain on UK Special Edition today, apparently not the version available in the US. Both for the film, which I saw on first release in the late sixties, but not since, and Walton's Score which is to be be found on it UK version. 20 minutes of music otherwise lost and unavailable music by one of our greatest composers in the twentieth century is certainly not to be missed, and worth the £8.99!

Also I fixed a viewing for '32 Short Stories About Glenn Gould' for next weelend, though whether VHS counts as DVD I am not sure! Thanks to Erik Scothron for the vid! Fredrik
Posted on: 25 February 2006 by Mr Underhill
The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp:

Somehow I had never seen this film. What a really good, and moving, movie this is.

Martin
Posted on: 25 February 2006 by Guido Fawkes
Colonel Blimp. Never seen, but a must view I suspect. Fredrik
Posted on: 25 February 2006 by erik scothron
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Underhill:
The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp:

Somehow I had never seen this film. What a really good, and moving, movie this is.

Martin

Hi Martin,

Could not agree more. Have you seen that other great Powell & Pressbuger classic 'A matter of Life and Death'? You have a rare treat in store if you have not yet seen it.

Regards,

Erik
quote:
Originally posted by Fredrik_Fiske:
Dear Friends,

I collected the Battle Of Britain on UK Special Edition today, apparently not the version available in the US. Both for the film, which I saw on first release in the late sixties, but not since, and Walton's Score which is to be be found on it UK version. 20 minutes of music otherwise lost and unavailable music by one of our greatest composers in the twentieth century is certainly not to be missed, and worth the £8.99!

Also I fixed a viewing for '32 Short Stories About Glenn Gould' for next weelend, though whether VHS counts as DVD I am not sure! Thanks to Erik Scothron for the vid! Fredrik

Fredrik,

I'm interested to know what you think of the extra walton. I thought the whole special edition was an absolute triumph.

Regards,

Erik
quote:
Originally posted by Hammerhead:
"The Business".

a bunch of wide-boy kants
Steve

Are these boys actually over weight followers of Emmanuel Kant the great German philosopher, I think we should know Winker
Pronunciation alert! Germans say 'a' as 'u!' Fredrik
Posted on: 05 March 2006 by BigH47
Dave Gilmour in Concert.
Posted on: 06 March 2006 by Frank Abela
Wallace & Gromit - The Curse of the Were Rabbit.

Bloody brilliant.
Posted on: 06 March 2006 by Tuan
the recent Pride and Prejudice by Keira Knightly.

Good movie and Keira performance is quite admirable.
Posted on: 06 March 2006 by arf005
quote:
Originally posted by BigH47:
Dave Gilmour in Concert.

I was tempted into buying this......is it worth it...??

I'm a Floyd fan but don't know much about Dave's solo stuff....

Agreed Frank - Wallace and Gromit was great (as usual), Oscar well deserved.

Cheers,
Ali
Posted on: 08 March 2006 by BigH47
quote:
I was tempted into buying this......is it worth it...??

I'm a Floyd fan but don't know much about Dave's solo stuff....

To be honest most of the DVD is mostly Floyd stuff. The majority is amplified acoustic guitar.I have 2 solo albums which are OK+. Sounds like the soloist with Pink Floyd playing other stuff not surprisingly.

Howard
Posted on: 08 March 2006 by Stuart M
Bewitched - It was crap
Posted on: 13 March 2006 by Frank Abela
The Corpse Bride - very good indeed. Remarkable picture, very well put together and a lot of fun.