What is the latest music you downloaded, what resolution and from where?

Posted by: Stevee_S on 13 January 2014

With more music being downloaded I thought it might be interesting to see what forum members are buying and from where. 

The news that HD Tracks are soon to open an online UK store means that more choice is going to be available to us. The variety and quality of downloadable music we can choose from is expanding, MP3 to 24bit studio Masters at 192kHz and beyond.

So what are you buying and downloading?

Posted on: 07 December 2014 by Bert Schurink

I did it again...

16/44 Qobuz

Qobuz 24/192

Qobuz 24/192

In a bit 16/44 from HDTRACKS

Nightclub

Cafe Blue

Modern Cool

Verse

Posted on: 08 December 2014 by ragman

Bowen Sonatas

D. diver

CD quality

Posted on: 09 December 2014 by David O'Higgins

Who's Next Standard edition, 96/24 from Hdtracks, $17.98 less 10%. 

Posted on: 10 December 2014 by Bart
Originally Posted by David O'Higgins:

Who's Next Standard edition, 96/24 from Hdtracks, $17.98 less 10%. 

Last night I downloaded Who's Next Deluxe Ed. from HDTracks -- $30.00 less 10%.  But it was too late to have a listen and I hope to tonite!

Posted on: 11 December 2014 by Nick Lees

Georgia Seddon - E.P.

I'd like to commend this young lady to the forum. It's very simple stuff, mostly just her and a piano or guitar, with a bit of whistling or whatever. Immaculately recorded by Green Gartside. Frail, but beautiful.

From Bandcamp (CD quality): https://georgiaseddon.bandcamp...bum/georgia-seddon-2

Oh and she's touring as part of Trembling Bells support for the Mike Heron tour. Mike's her Dad.

Posted on: 11 December 2014 by David O'Higgins

I think I have been 'ingesting' the Simon and Garfunkel downloads too quickly. I am just now savouring 'Bridge over troubled water'. It's hard to find the words to describe how good it is. 

Anyone else?

Posted on: 11 December 2014 by Iver van de Zand
Hi Bert,

I am a big fan of Patricia Barber. This album is one of her better one's. Think her lyrics are very interesting and good. Definately one of the leading ladies of Jazz Vocals !
Originally Posted by Bert Schurink:

Qobuz France 16/44

Posted on: 11 December 2014 by Bert Schurink
Originally Posted by Iver van de Zand:
Hi Bert,

I am a big fan of Patricia Barber. This album is one of her better one's. Think her lyrics are very interesting and good. Definately one of the leading ladies of Jazz Vocals !

Qobuz France 16/44

Hi Iver, I catched up on her. I have like so far everything I heard. This one is indeed also good.

Posted on: 11 December 2014 by Bart
Originally Posted by David O'Higgins:

I think I have been 'ingesting' the Simon and Garfunkel downloads too quickly. I am just now savouring 'Bridge over troubled water'. It's hard to find the words to describe how good it is. 

Anyone else?

It's FABULOUS.  

Posted on: 12 December 2014 by Big Bill
Originally Posted by Gary Shaw:

Georgia Seddon - E.P.

I'd like to commend this young lady to the forum. It's very simple stuff, mostly just her and a piano or guitar, with a bit of whistling or whatever. Immaculately recorded by Green Gartside. Frail, but beautiful.

From Bandcamp (CD quality): https://georgiaseddon.bandcamp...bum/georgia-seddon-2

Oh and she's touring as part of Trembling Bells support for the Mike Heron tour. Mike's her Dad.

Not THE MIKE HERON?  I thought I was the only aging hippy still a fan of the ISB!

Posted on: 12 December 2014 by Nick Lees

Posted on: 12 December 2014 by Bert Schurink

Great deal at Qubuz - a number of albums of Decca for more or less 50% or more off

16/44

Great deal at Qubuz - a number of albums of Decca for more or less 50% or more off

16/44

The second one was at 24/96

also part of the Qobuz deal 24/96

16/44 Qobuz deal

16/44 Qobuz

16/44 Qobuz deal

16/44 Qobuz